Weighty Issues #59: Fabulous February

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • to the February edition of the Weighty Issues Thread. January is OVER. How did you get through it? Are we still going strong on those resolutions we've made? Maybe things aren't so easy, but we have each other to lean on. Remember, FAT TUESDAYis just ONE DAY. VALENTINE'S DAY is just ONE DAY. So enjoy yourselves (in moderation) and get right back on track. Let's get back to sexy!

Hey newbies out there, need some new inspiration? We're a group of wonderful women from different walks of life, spread out from the East Coast to the West Coast and the sunny Pacific .

We support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss , it's about LIFE . If you have something to say or need a shoulder to cry on , come on in,
    grab a chair and stay awhile . You'll be glad you did.
  • Hello ladies! Welcome to February. Can you believe it??? I went to my WI this morning and was down .8 lbs. I'LL TAKE IT! Any loss is a good loss I always say. Whew! I had to come into the office to do a last minute deposit and pay one bill. After this, I am outta here!

I hope you ladies have a wonderful Friday and great weekend.

We are leaving tonight for NOLA and will return next Saturday afternoon. I will enjoy myself and try to control my eating *sigh*. I will be thinking of you guys. Chat w/y'all later.

ALOHA
  • I can't believe January is over!! It was an amazing month where my weight loss is concerned. I stayed strong for me and have provided support to those around me that are struggling or think they can't do this. Providing this support and has kept me pumped up and reaffirmed my own goals.

I hope you all have a Fantastic February and stay on target!
  • Hello crbowles! Congratulations on your great weight loss efforts!!! Hope to get know more about you.

I wanted to post some before and after pics of that poor stray dog we found over the weekend. He was a cutie pie. I am having trouble resizing the after pic... don't have the time to fix it either. I really need to get to the airport. I'll just let you guys see what he was "before", I'll post his after pics later. Have a great evening! Chat when I get back.

• Hello to everyone.
    Just wanted to see who might still be around. I know a couple of people were taking short vacations.
    Hope everyone is doing well, and keeping warm!!

Cal
  • Hi Cal--- I would love to have some of your temps. right now!! We got about 7 inches of snow last night and it is 3 degrees this morning! Good to hear from you. Still trying to sell the house and the 5th wheel. Have some people that are supposed to be coming from Denver to look at the 5th wheel this weekend if the weather cooperates!

Cherie, I hope you had a good time skiing. I can't remember when you said you were going to be back but I imagine you had plenty of snow!

Noelle,, I know you are having fun--- Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!

Have a great day!
  • Hello everyone! :-) Back to work today....

I did go skiing.. and I guess I sorta got to go. Wolf Creek got 86 inches of snow while we were there....so what that meant was, conditions were pretty bad. We skied on Saturday until the white out conditions made one of our friends fall into a 6 foot snow drift, and we couldn't find her.... (we finally did, with the help of the ski patrol and the radio she was carrying) and then Sunday, we ended up only skiing three runs before it was just so bad that we decided that we needed to get off the mountain before the pass closed. (Which it did sometime Sunday afternoon, and didn't open back up til TODAY!) So, we drove home Monday morning since we couldn't ski... and I took yesterday off. The snow was amazing... so beautiful... that is the bad thing about going to Pagosa Springs... if it snows too much, then the pass closes... and you are out of luck... however, the little that I did get to ski, it was great.. the powder was up to my thighs... LOVED it!

Good to be home though! :-)

Noelle.. I hope you are having a wonderful time in NOLA!

WTG on the weight loss CRBOWLES!

Cal!!! Hey there! How are you doing?????

Karen... stay warm... it was cold there in Colorado... but I really enjoyed my time there. But I did learn that sometimes alot of snow isn't always great!

I'm not sure if you can see the pictures or not.. but one is of me and Alan, and the other is of the street sign and how much snow was around!

OK.. I guess I better get back to work! I will check back tomorrow... Oh.. and just to be honest, I gained two pounds on vacation.... I'm hoping its mainly water since I didn't drink enough like I should have... but we will see!

Talk to you all later!

• Just checking in. I am getting sick. I went to bed last night at 8 PM after taking a dose of Nyquil. Wish I could do that now, however, since I took three days off earlier last week and this week, I need to be here at work. :-( I've got a class tonight, so I won't be going to bed early then either.

Anyway. I hope everyone is doing great... I'll check back in later.
  • TGIF Everyone! I am so happy it's Friday. I am feeling a bit better today. Yesterday I was just BLAH... started feeling all achey and tired. I didn't work out. I had my class last night too.. so I couldn't go home and sleep like I really wanted to... class went fine, I came home, took some more nyquil, watched LOST and then went to bed.

This morning.. feeling much better. Still a little loopy from the medicine, but hopefully that will wear off soon.

This afternoon/evening (5PM) I have an interview with the CEO of the company that I previously talked about. Right now, I REALLY LIKE my current job.. but I am still not sure what the future holds for it in the next two years... so it will really depend on what I get offered for the other job. It's going to be a heck of alot more work, but I think I would rather be busy than worrying if I am going to be downsized.

No really big plans for the weekend... tomorrow I have to pick up girl scout cookies for the girls and let them start to deliver them... and the girls also have to man a cookie booth for an hour tomorrow.. so I will be doing that too. Otherwise.. I think I am going to take it easy. Try to get to the YMCA at some point... and basically, just relax and recoop this weekend.

I hope you all have a great weekend... I'll check back in later!
  • Noelle.... I hope you had a safe trip back from New Orleans.... I can't wait to hear about your trip!!!!

I have a HUGE favor to ask.... I heard that at the Aloha Swap Meet, you can buy small lauhala boxes for cheap...... is there ANY WAY I could get you to go sometime and buy me some and send them to me?????? I would send you the money for the boxes and shipping... I have been looking everywhere for them online, but they are all so expensive. I am thinking I want the 3x3 box.. I think the 2x2 would be too small... would this be too much trouble? Cause if it is... then I will keep looking.

Anyway... I just thought I would ask! Talk to you soon!
  • Hi Cherie, It sounds like you had an interesting ski trip if nothing else!! Sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling to good since getting back home. We haven't had much snow this week but still lots of wind! It is really strange when you can look up and see blue skies and sunshine but you can't see your hand in front of your face because of all the blowing snow! Love the picture of you and Alan--- you both look so Happy! Love that!

I'll bet Noelle will have some good stories to tell when she gets back-- can hardly wait to hear!

Well, just wanted to stop in for a bit before going to bed. Hope everyone has a good weekend!
  • Hello ladies, we just got back from New Orleans...a very nice, but a bit bumpy flight via Houston. OMG that vacation was GREAT!!! The parades were something to see... so many floats--I think the one parade we saw had 190(?) floats??? it was 3 parades in a row, we shipped home 100 lbs of beads via Fedex... it was ridiculous! I will download some pics tomorrow and tell some stories. Lots of interesting sites I've seen and visited with some very nice people. I missed you all and thought of you guys everytime I sat down to eat my fried oysters or fried gator, or fried shrimp po boys.... get the "fried" theme? I think I am up 5 lbs...... but anyway! I will be back on plan come Monday. I've got to get back into the swing of things.

Cherie, just a quick reply--OF COURSE I will get the lauhala boxes for you. We go to the swap meet all the time so it's not a problem. How many did you need? You know if I chat w/the vendor they will probably give me a discount if we buy in bulk--and especially if I tell her who/why we are buying them for. The sellers like a good story to give you a good bargain.

Hello to all. I am so tired from traveling. I will catch up more tomorrow. Love ya gals!
  • Welcome Home Noelle!!! I can't wait to hear about your trip. I LOVE NOLA.. but I have never gone during Mardi Gras... I bet it was a blast!!!!

Thank you soooooo much for the lauhala boxes help!!! I think I am going to need 150 of them. That is probably too many.. but I would rather have too many than not enough. Also.. while you are looking, could you get a few of those woven beach mats for me. For my center pieces, I am wanting a 20x20 inch square that I can place my vase of orchids on, and the candles on and the river rock on. That will go over the green organza overlay that will be on top of the white table cloth! :-) I am going to stain them a dark mahogany or cherry wood color. I've been looking all over the place for some inexpensive mats, but I couldn't find them, so I am going to make my own from the beach mats. I am going to have about 15 tables... so I need 15 mats. I need to find out the dimentions of them, but I think they are 6 feet long. Looks like I will need about 5 mats. Let me know how much it will be, and I will send you the money for them and for the shipping!!! I really REALLY appreciate it!

My weekend was OK.. I am still fighting this cold... just a little congested. I haven't worked out in a week, and my eating hasn't been good. I need to get back on track this week. Meaning TODAY! I have Girl Scout cookies all over my house that I need to help the girls deliver this week... they have their meeting tomorrow, I've got to go get them Valentine's Day stuff.... Thursday is my class.. and wow.. the week will be over again. Busy Busy!

Well, I need to get back to work.. I am running payroll today.. waiting on someone right now to get his groups stuff in. Talk to you guys soon!
  • Good Morning everyone... :-)

The cold weather is hanging on here, (expected snow showers this weekend) and my cold is hanging on in my chest. I am ready for both of them to go away!

Last night the girls and I delivered most of their girl scout cookies. We have three houses to go back to... I might try to do that tonight, however they have scouts tonight... so we may be waiting til Wednesday!

Exercise has been none existant this month (please excuse my poor spelling). I am hoping to get back on the treadmill tomorrow. This cold is kicking my butt... but I think I am just going to try to push through it tomorrow.

How is everyone doing? Noelle, are you recovering from your trip yet? Karen are you keeping warm in CO?

Well, back to work here. I'll check back in later!
  • Good morning ladies, I just finished uploading ALL of my photos to the walmart website and I ordered the prints for pick up later on today. I figured this would be way quicker than if I'd try to print them myself (all 417? pictures???) Just call me camera happy. I am going to try and send you the link to the online photo album, but I have to wait until I am at work since i don't have some of your email addresses on my home computer. The online album is nice because I added captions to some of them, so you kind of get a feel of what you are looking at.

Anyway, getting ready for work right now... chat later.