Walk Away The Pounds ****February Chat

You're on Page 7 of 14
Go to
  • i *finally* got back to doing my walk tonight... i was going to go swim, but need more info on the pool before i go (do they have kick boards, do they take check cards (it's a high school pool))

anywho, i did the 1 mile express and the 2 mile express .... so 3 miles it feels GREAT to have walked again... i was able to tell the difference when i wasn't walking (it's been since the 30th of Jan since i did a walk)
  • Just finished 6 miles. I did Walk Away your Waistline with the belt and then I did the 2 fast miles and the walk belt mile off the 5 mile DVD. I feel awesome!

I had no idea there was a thigh video! I need something for my legs. Does it work?
  • Tonight I did the Evening Mile (without the legs part) and then did my new 10 Minute Solutions (just the Arm & Shoulder Sculpt)! I bought myself 2 new DVD's for strength training and tried out that one small section tonight. I'll try to do one 10 minute segment most days of the week.
  • dand
    You are doing so well and your still sick too. Hope you feel better soon

sxul
    Nice to see you. Nice walking. I like that video. I can really tell the difference when I don't do the videos over the weekend. Monday the body is like, wow we are walking again.

lynsey
    You might want to try Walk At Home Walk Slim With Leslie Sansone Fast Start Fast Firming and You Can Do With Leslie Sansone Pilate's. They have some nice leg work in them. I use the more because you use the arms but they do good for the legs too.

Michele
    Nice going. Keep moving that is what it is all about.
  • poochcamper - Isn't it great to be able to walk without having to go outside in the cold?

Michele - Way to kick it up a notch to get to your 10,000 steps for yesterday. Congrats for not missing a day in 2008, that's awesome!!

dandk0204 - Congrats for getting in the 5 mile walk again today...glad your cold is better and I hope your nose wasn't dripping so much today!

sxulcmnky - Great that you got in 3 miles today! I miss it too when I haven't been walking for awhile.

LynseyLikes2Lose - Wow, congrats on 6 miles!!!

Shy - Thank you so much for taking the time to send a list of your firming workouts and your routine! You have inspired me - I'm going to try for 1 or 2 miles in the morning and 2 or 3 miles in the evening too (I just haven't been getting in enough exercise to really decrease my % body fat and increase my muscle mass - which is very important to me too). I sure wouldn't say you are lazy!!!

I have WATP The Abs 10 Minutes Ab Buster, but haven't tried it yet, I'll dig that one out soon. I don't have the Pilates one, is it really hard if you don't have a strong core (I'm not great with a LOT of sit up's yet)? I have the Yoga one, and it was easy enough to do and I enjoyed it.

So last night I did 3 Mile Walk Away Your Waistline; and tonight I did the 5-Mile Walk (just got it today). It was my first time to use a stretchie, and I liked using that. Great workout. I can tell my arms have really been getting a good workout the last few days. My % body fat is finally gradually going down some. I'm at 40% and want to get below 30%.

Keep on walkin'
  • good morning gang

I did 2 miles this morning. Used the WATP Heart Healthy Walk.

everybody is doing great

hope everybody has a blessed day
    hugs,
    cathy
  • Hi
    Well I am back walking and using the stretchie its great to be walking again
    I really missed it so my walks so far are
    Sunday 2 express miles & 3 fast miles
    Monday 2 walk slim miles & 3 adv miles w/stretchie
    Tuesday 3 fast miles & will do something in afternoon
    Hope you all have a great walking day
    Dusty
  • good afternoon everyone!

i will be doing the 2 mile when i get home from voting tonight
  • We had ANOTHER snow day today, so I did 4 Really BIG Miles this morning. I may even do more later.

Have a great day!
  • michele i am going to match your april 30th goal... you're a little closer than i am to it, but for accountability sake, you wanna match up with it? we can even text message eachother to make sure we work out let me know and i can PM your my cell number
  • This weekend I was away but I did tons of walking. But no videos or other exercise.

Yesterday morning I did 3 mile advanced with strechie from the express dvd and this morning I did the same :P
  • sotypical
    You are doing great. I love the express video. 3 miles wears me out for awhile lol.

Cheree
    That is exactly the reason I am doing them all. I am less worried about the weight as the bmi and getting these muscles toned up. I am really seeing a difference and that keeps me going.

Everyone is doing so well. We should all be very proud of our selfs. I wonder when I will see less weight loss at a time because I am gaining muscle? Or maybe, that is why I am not seeing any difference in the weight loss. I am losing the same amount now as I was before I started to exercise. Maybe I am losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time?
  • just got done doing the 3 mile advanced with walk belt. I am sooooo sore today. I am up .5 of a pound too. My muscles feel exhausted!
  • Shy - I really love that express one, the 4 mile super challenge is great too! Your right, after I just feel really good and tired. The only thing I wish I could go back and forth between miles because sometimes I like to do once twice haha. But that dvd doesn't allow skipping like the 5 mile advanced dvd does.

So my 4 new videos came! YAY! Now I won't get so bored doing the same 3 all the time. I can't wait to try them out - I would have liked to try them out tonight I stayed at work late and got home late and now I have some work to do for a side project I am doing - not to mention my own websites need updating, lol. One of the videos came with a 6 month offer for Leslie's website, so I signed up for that - haven't checked it out yet. And I guess I can save 15% off the stuff in her store, might buy something - maybe the walk silm package if the one from that other site doesn't come in soon - still on the waitlist.
  • Sounds like everyone is "walking away those calories, walking away those pounds"! I did another new one for me, Walk Away the Pounds with Leslie Sansone - The 30-Minute Walk. I went ahead and carried my 3 pound weights throughout it. It was the perfect workout for me tonight. I was sore from what I did on Sat. & Sun.

Shy, you may not be seeing the weight loss right now because you are gaining muscle mass. It was explained to me that 1 pound of fat is the same as 1 pound of muscle, but the muscle is much more compact and lean. So, if you aren't taking your measures (upper arm, chest, waist, things, calves, etc.), then I suggest you start doing that. If you are losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time, you should see a decrease in those numbers.