suggestions please

• Hi... I have a couple of questions for you guys. I have the WATP Walk Strong dvd that combines strenth training with the walking and I love it. But I would like something else for strength training. I don't have any equipment other then a set of 2 pound weights and don't have the room or the money to get much else. But was wondering if any of you have any suggestions for videos for strenth training. I would like to find something that doesn't have cardio as I would like to use it on days I go outside for a run or walk.

Also, I would like to find a good beginners yoga video... and by beginner I mean slow! I am not good at switching positions... I even have a problem following the WATP dvds sometimes.

I'd appreciate any suggestions! I just want to keep my work outs diverse!
    Thanks!
  • Kathy Smith has a few weight training dvds that are good for beginners. However I don't think 2 lbs of weight is enough, you need at least 5 lb weights and even 8lbs to do some sculpting. Check Target or Walmart for weights, I don't think a 5 lb pair would break the bank. The 2 lb weights might work with pilates though. There's some good books with routines Smart Girls do Dumbells, is one. Check your local library to see what they have if money is tight, they might have dvds too. For yoga I like the gaiam dvds, they have a good one for beginners. You can get them at Barnes and Noble. Or check ebay for a deal on a used yoga dvd. You might again try your library, or if you are a member of netflix, rent one to make sure you want to buy it first.
  • horsey- thanks for your suggestions. I agree, 2# weights aren't near enough and have been on the look out for something else. I'll check our library to see what they have. Thanks, again.
  • I agree with the Kathy Smith suggestion for weights and for yoga, I had a good experience starting out with The Yoga Zone. Go to collagevideo.com and you can read reviews and even watch clips from all the workouts. I always go there before buying any video workout!
  • Most of the yoga zone dvds show modifications for beginners. The ones with Alan Finger are excellent. He gives the most detailed instructions I've ever heard. You don't even need to be looking at the tv.

Tamilee Webb has some great dvds which you could try. For a beginner, you might like Quick Toning-Abs/Buns/Arms of Steel.

Good luck!
    Sherry