Anyone try the new diet cherry chocolate dr. pepper?

• I don't have high expectations, because I'm not too crazy about chocolate teas. It's hard to get good chocolate flavor with no calories. I'm going to pick some up though. I thought it might not have hit the shelves here, but my mom said she saw it in the store.

Anyone try it yet?
  • I just saw the commerical a few days ago and I am very curious as to its taste as well. Maybe the convience stores will carry singles soon so I don't have to buy a 12 pack.
  • I checked out WalMart today, and they didn't have it, but I'll be checking the other stores for it.

Canfield used to have chocolate, and chocolate cherry diet sodas. I loved the chocolate cherry. I'm generally not much of a chocolate fan, at least most of the month, but I love the chocolate cherry combination.

I'd also like to find a good light ice cream in a cherry chocolate, or cherry vanilla chocolate chip.
  • I just googled, and found on Wikipedia, that the flavor came out in November, and is only expected to run until April unless demand for it is high. A youtube vid has made the soda more popular, but I don't know if it will be enough to keep the soda around, so if you find it, and like it, you might want to stock up.
  • A little more googling, and I found that Canfield's Diet Cherry Chocolate Fudge is still around. I haven't seen it in any local stores in a long time, but it available online (but almost a $1 a can or more with shipping).
  • I'll try it before I stock up. I like the other Dr. Pepper flavors, but I'm a Coke Zero junkie. And I think that will be sticking around for quite awhile
  • I don't like doctor pepper, but I consulted DB, who is the resident Dr Pepper lover in the house. He started drinking diet pops rather than regular shortly after I did, and he tried the new diet chocolate cherry one a few days ago.

Normally, he loves both cherry and chocolate flavor, including when combined. He said that the drink was okay, but only as a one-time thing - he wouldn't buy it again. Specifically, the reason for that was the chocolate taste was too strong.

Hope that helps
  • I haven't seen it yet, but I do drink a lot of diet dr pepper, so I'll pick up some if I see it.
  • I love diet dr pepper and would try this if I can find it without having to buy a 12 pack.
  • I just picked some up today -- it's okay -- a little more than fair and a bit less than good. It tastes like a chocolate tootsie roll pop. It has that synthetic chocolate taste that chocolate teas and other fat free chocolate stuff has in it. I'm not a big fan of that taste, but I happen to like chocolate tootsie pops so I'll drink the 12 pack I bought. I can definitely say that it WOULD NOT satisfy a chocolate craving for me. I don't think I'd buy any more of it.