Just needed to get this out

• I feel like I am losing control, again. I actually went to see a weight loss doctor the other day. I was so afraid to tell her the truth about my eating. It was really hard to hear myself finally say those things out loud. But I did. I told her about the uncontrollable binging, the different ways that I purge, the weeks of starving that I do between binging and the pills I take to try to control it all. I was hoping for some answers...some magic pill, or a piece of the puzzle that I was missing. All I got was a referral. I really don't want to see a psychiatrist. I don't think I am ready to do that. I am just so tired of it all... just needed to get that out.
  • Hi Jozie, and

I understand how hard it can be to control your binging and purging. But I can say from experience that I needed to learn how to be healthy in my eating habits before I could ever try to lose weight, otherwise unsuccessful days would send me back into binging and purging. I'd urge you to take up that referal and go to see the counselor. It will really help you on your path to weight loss, and to being healthy!
  • I'd say kudos to that doctor who sent you to a psychiatrist instead of just seeing your weaknesses with food as an excuse to throw you on some more pills..

Just because you're being sent to a psychiatrist doesn't mean you're crazy or that anything you're doing is out of the ordinary.. See it as taking some time to help YOU on the road to recovery and health.

Anyway, it's the minority now who haven't been to a psychiatrist/psychologist so there is no longer any shame whatsoever.

I mean, look at me.. I polished off 1/4 of a mini sugar-free cheesecake tonight that the hubs brought home.. Something like 190 cals and 16g fat.. Wish I had the money to see a nutritionist and the like to get myself some serious willpower!

Best of luck!