100 Things - HELP, O Crafty Chicks!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • So, DS's daycare has decided to celebrate the 100th day of school by having the kids make a poster with 100 of anything on it. WTH kind of project is that?? Is it just me thinking it's a stupid idea??

So what can I find 100 of to paste to a poster?
  • Buttons.
  • Pennies. It'll cost you a dollar in materials, they're small-ish, and you probably have them in a drawer or jar somewhere.

Buttons would also be good.

Or have your son go outside and find 100 small leaves.
  • Hmmm... that is a bizarre project... how about:

100 pieces of macaroni
    100 finger prints (the paint would be messy though)
    100 stickers
    100 tabs of of soda/pop cans (you could get them from a friend who drinks a lot of soda)

I like the penny and button ideas too. Another thought (this is out there perhaps) are there 100 crayon colors? How about 100 colors? I guess some of these ideas sound silly, but I'm just typing what comes to mind.
  • pennies, buttons, dried beans (any kind will do), beads, little stones, any type of pasta, pieces of thread or yarn (wrap the thread/yarn around a small object, cut through it at both ends where it wraps), twigs, matches, squares of toilet paper (I had a teacher in HS who traveled, her scrapbook was of the local tp), stamps (the kind you do yourself or the kinds you cut off envelopes), pictures cut out of magazines, words cut out from a newspaper. Newspaper/magazine ads, Sunday coupons you wouldn't use, bags of artificial sweetener, packages of hot sauce from Taco Bell or wherever, . . . How much time do you want to take, how much money do you want to spend? Pretty much anything is possible!
  • Twigs, numbers, words
    100 grains of rice, grains of sand.

100 twigs, 100 leaves.

100 words that begin with the first letter of her name.

100 numbers.

100 drawings of stars, moons, suns.

100 hairs from her pet swept up from the living room carpet.

What a neat assignment. There could be some widely different results.

Good luck.

How about plastic drinking straws, toothpicks, tissue paper squares, small candies like Smarties, Skittles or jellybeans, Lifesavers candies (maybe I am craving sugar here), plastic spoons, beads, Goldfish crackers, raisins (ok definitely hungry here). Hope you come up something you like!
  • Me again - we did Fruit Loops cereal at the preshool I worked at to make a rainbow...
  • At the dollar store they have little tubs of the foam craft shapes (they have a sticky back most of the time), that is cheap and any child can do that by themselves.
  • My son had to fill a bag with 100 things last year for kindergarten. We used baseball cards. lol
  • OMG, now I feel soooo uncreative! You guys came up with some great ideas! I know my mom has a cookie tin of buttons around somewhere... I know I have a few rolls of pennies around! Got knows I've always got pasta! Hahaha, could you imagine me counting out 100 pieces of BARLEY?!

THANK YOU!!
  • As soon as I saw the post's title I knew what was up. I saw the first grade teachers sending out their letter. I have no creative ideas.
  • You know those little pom poms you get in like a bag of 50 or 100? Trace out a shape in pencil on the posterboard, and then fill it in like a rainbow -blue, green, yellow, white, red, pink, purple, and silver
  • PS you could also spell out Peter or Robby (whichever it is) Rules with poms poms LMAO!!!!
  • Quote: 100 hairs from her pet swept up from the living room carpet.
    Come to my house! Max the cat is constantly shedding. We can give you bags and bags and bags!

I really like the penny idea. Is this going to be an individual project or will the kids be sharing the poster board? If it is individual, then write a little story on the poster board and insert some of the items into the story.

I saw (instead of the word, you can paste a picture of a saw there) a little bird (again substitute a pic of a bird). It had a twig - got it yet?

Then you can take extras of whatever you used and glue them all over the poster board.

You can even take cotton balls, dye them and glue them on to spell his name. You can actually use the water from the delicious beets you boiled to dye them. Or you can take the cold coffee or tea and use that. Then again, there's always food coloring.