chicken soup w/ carrots?

• My Mom made some chicken soup the other day and sent some of it home with me today. I just wanted to double check with you wonderful SB vets that I can have some of it. I have 2 days of P1 left, btw.

It has:

white meat chicken w/ the stock it was boiled in
    diced celery
    diced onions
    diced carrots (that cooked down so small it's impossible to pick around them)

I know carrots are a no-no, but we're allowed V-8 which has carrots; in fact I would bet that V-8 has more carrots than what is in this soup. I don't drink V-8, btw, I tried once and was gagging by my third drink.

TIA!
  • I think the soup is OK, Jennifer. Even though carrots aren't on the approved list for Phase 1, I really don't think the amount in the soup is going to cause any cravings. Go ahead and enjoy the soup!

I bet when the new revised book comes out in April/May, carrots will be added to the Phase 1 foods list!
  • want to know a secert, I eat carrots in ph 1, I don't like alot of veggies and they are one that I will eat..... but don't tell anyone or deny it.
  • LC, I eat carrots on Phase 1 too, it's in my prepackaged coleslaw mix.
    But we'll keep this our little secret.
  • Aw, why didn't I know this before????
    The first week I made my very delicious homemade chicken breast soup for my husband and watched him eat it while I skimmed off the broth for me. It was too hard to pick out the other Phase 1 veggies. I agree with the rest of you. If V-8 is approved then why not carrots in general? I just wonder if he was thinking that if you ate 2 c of carrots you could cause yourself to have a craving but as we all know by now, not all cravings are created equal. What makes one person go bananas calms another person!

Well, this story will be continued I am sure.