FAB & FIT 40's and 50's ! #2

You're on Page 1 of 7
Go to
  • Sorry about that glitch! I thought I had successfully posted a new thread, but when I came back it wasn't there

I love the start of a New Year, hope everyone's is going well so far.

Sandy,
    Good to hear your Mom is having her last treatment. You're all in my prayers and thoughts.

Dianne,
    I didn't get to congratulate you on your loss Good going!

I'm not back on the wagon yet. Have been making a few changes/wiser choices.

HI to everyone.
    ~Jen
  • Sandy,
    I am so happy about your mom. I hope 2008 is her year.
    We will all be here for each other in this never ending quest.

I am on day 2 of my changed behavior for a better life. I am planning in advance and it is nice. It seems to keep me a lot more honest. I am putting in favorites and that helps. I put wine in first. Just 1/2 c. for 2 points. I will have it in front of the tree one last time.

TTYL,
    Terri
  • Hi everyone:

Jen, thanks for finding me, LOL! Good going on better choices. I love a new year too - it really feels like a fresh start.

Sandy - Congrats to your mom - how great that you and your sister will celebrate with her. That's what family's all about.

Terri - Enjoy that 1/2 cup of wine - sounds good.

Well, I ddn't mention this before because it makes me feel REALLY, REALLY OLD but I became a great grandmother yesterday. My grandaughter Lianne had a baby girl, Gianna Rose. Lianne is a young mommy, but she has the support of the entire family, of which as you may know is a considerable amount Anyway, I think I'm probably one of the youngest gg's around town, lol. That's what I want the baby to call me, gg.

Hi to Es, Sandy, ZoeGirl, Claudia, Patty, Susan and anyone I may have missed.

Have a great day everyone.

Hugs,
    Dianne

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQYTRSo/]
    [img]
  • Dianne,
    Congratulations on the baby. I am so glad to hear Lianne has such a support system. That baby is lucky too. Give the baby a big hug from us.

How is everyone? First weigh-in after starting over is in 2 days. I want to lose 15 by Valentines Day.

TTYL,
    Terri
  • Dianne,
    What a wonderful gift you've all been given. Hug that great-granddaughter for me and God bless her. Gianna Rose is a beautiful name... good luck to evenyone!

Terri,
    I love that you counted points for wine first LOL welcome to my world.
    Getting back to basics is so important. A bit each week and I'll be ready to roll.
    Why is it SO easy to slip backwards.......yet so challenging to plan ahead???

Kath had a pet scan....the tumors in her lungs have gotten bigger. Plus there are more new ones. She will begin yet another round of chemo with a different drug this time. She has a good attitude. I am so proud of her, and am awed by her strength. Please pray for her.

hugs,
    ~Jen
  • Hi Jen,

I will keep your sister in my prayers. So many people with cancer have such amazing fortitude and attitudes. My sister and I brought my mother to her last treatment yesterday and we were talking about the many other patients that we met during the course of my mother's treatments who have gone through so much.
    I hope for the best outcome for your sister's chemo with the least side effects possible. I will keep you and your family in my heart and prayers.

Sandy
  • Hi Everyone, Thanks for the caring messages for my mom!

Well I finally weighed in today. Ouch, I am up to 200 again, but not for long. I am planning to just focus on the first 10%, or 20 lbs. My sister keeps her weight under control by just focusing on 5 lbs at a time. She was sort of advising me to do the same. She was up to 186 a number of years ago and now maintains her weight generally in the 140's so she probably has more of a clue than I do. Of course I have to lose 5 before I can lose 20, so why not?

Diane, Big congrats on becoming a GG. It is great to have new babies in the family and to be the youngest GG ever. I expect that I will be the oldest by far just becoming a G for the first time. I have been helping a church friend with her new baby a bit and it is so wonderful to just hold a tiny new one. She told me I could play auntie anytime.

Terri, good job penciling in the fun stuff. I need to pencil in points for pizza tomorrow night as we are having a football playoff party. (Patriots, of course)

Hi Es, Susan, Pattie, Claudia, hope you drop in soon.

Sandy
  • Dear Jen,
    I will pray hard for your sister. I'll bet you are proud of her.
    There is a teacher (Brittany's favorite in all her schooling) that had Brandon and now has Bradley that was diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer (One of the most fatal) 2 years ago. He is doing experimental treatment and he is doing great for now. He has to go to Texas once a month. He has such a positive attitude and is still inspiring the kids. He has tumors on his liver but the Drs. don't understand how his liver is functioning so well. When he was diagnosed his wife was pregnant with their first child. He is 36. He feels great right now and I just pray he beats this too. People faced with this have to be the strongest out there. Hug your sister for me.

Sandy,
    Your mom continues to be in my prayers.
    5 pounds at a time is so smart. That is a lot of goal making. If you wait to celebrate a 50 pound goal that gets disouraging. Just think you will be in ONEderland soon. YAY!!!!!

I am sticking to the special K for lunch even though I have to work today. I bought the cereal keeper from Fit n' Fresh. I also bought the salad bowl.
    I am having oral surgery on Tuesday. I won't be eating much next week.
    Weigh in is Saturday.
    15 pounds by Valentines day.
    Luv y'all,
    Terri
  • Thanks for the support for my sister. Joe and I are planning on driving down there (Arkansas) to spend a few days with her... if she feels up to it. She'll begin chemo on Tuesday, going once a week for 3 weeks. Our trip depends on how she feels from the new (for her) chemo drug they're trying.

Sandy,
    How is your Mother feeling? My sister said the same about meeting so many others who are going thru it. It is inspiring.
    Go for those 5 pounds! I think that makes a great deal of sense. Good for your sister, she's got the right idea. I have been beyond 200 for a number of years now and it's very overwhelming to look at the big loss I need.

Terri,
    Good luck with your oral surgery. What's Fit & Fresh? A brand they sell in the stores? What kind of salad bowl?
    That teacher sounds like a very special person. It's wonderful that all your kids have had a chance to know him.

HI Dianne, Es, Susan, Pattie, Claudia, Zoe

~Jen
  • Hi Jen,
    The storage bowls are at Target. The salad one has a storage place for the dressing and has a place for the fork in the lid. It also has an ice pack. The cereal one has a milk holder with an ice ring and a built in spoon. Target kept being out of them so I ordered them from Amazon. It was $21 for 2 of them. that includes s&h.

I hope your sister is up for your visit. You both will benefit so much. I just went to Arkansas for Fall break. Give her a hug from your online buddies.

I lost 5 pounds this week. 1/3 of my Valentine goal. The special K is something I look forward to. I will continue until my oral surgery and then will do after I can eat.
    TTYL,
    Terri
  • Hi Everyone

Jen, I am so glad that you and Joe can take the time to visit your sister, she will surely be glad of your presence no matter how she is feeling. I did not recall how far she was from where you live.

Terri, congrats on your 5 lb loss. I bet you are so motivated! Best of luck today with the oral surgery. Here's to a quick recovery!

My mom is slowly improving. She was able to enjoy getting out to dinner with me and my sister. She will have followups every 3 months for the next 2 years, but we are still up in the air about whether they will be recommending that she have chemo also. It is possible since the cancer was also in a lymph node.

In the meantime I haven't gotten back on the WW wagon yet. We are doing too much socializing with friends and with my boys and their friends. That means too many restaurant meals, and too much snack food around the house still. I am motivated but I have no self discipline yet. I will keep up with the treadmill and visiting here with all of my buddies and eventually I should kick my own butt into gear again.

Luv to all! Dianne, Es, Susan, Pattie, Claudia
    and Welcome to Gail!

Sandy
  • Hi everyone:

Been home sick with bronchitis, but feeling much better.

Jen - Your sister is in my prayers - I hope you can visit with her, I'm sure she'd like that alot. I'm geographically challenged - how far do you live from Arkansas?

Terri - congrats on the 5 lbs loss that's great, was that in one week? Are you doing the special K challenge - is that eating a bowl for breakfast for 6 weeks or something???

Sandy - so glad to hear your mom is doing well - you must feel great about that. I will keep her in my prayers as well. You'll get back on track soon - just remember, "life gets in the way sometimes". Now that you're feeling better about your mom, you'll have time to think about yourself a little. I'm with your sister re: the 5 lbs goal (for me its 1 lb., lol). I think we put too much pressure on ourselves when we think about losing 20, 30 lbs or more. One of the members said her goal was to lose 2 lbs. per week, every week and the leader explained to her that she could be setting herself up for failure, because we don't always lose 2 lbs per week. So even that kind of thinking could be overwhelming.

I lost 1.2 this week - so my total is 10.5 lbs. so far. Its taken a while to get there, like 3 1/2 months, but that's okay. Better than going in the other direction right? I haven't been to the gym this week yet because of the bronchitis, but hope to get there soon. I did get to ww though on Sat. right before going to the doctor. I haven't missed a meeting so far and I think its keeping me focused. Hi Es, amiga, how are you? Hi to ZoeGirl, Ruthie, Claudia & Patty too.

Will talk to "you's" soon.

Hugs,
    Dianne

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/heartb...5/145/150/.png
  • Sandy,
    Your mom will always be in my prayers. She sounds like a brave woman.
    Keep us posted.
    You will do well when you go back. Stay motivated.
    My surgery went well. Thanks for thinking of me.

Dianne,
    Congrats on your loss. You are doing so well.
    I ate specialk for 5 days.. I really enjoy the one with strawberries.

Getting tired. Gotta go.
    Terri
  • Terri,
    Take care of yourself. It's always a shock to the body. You had a great loss!

Sandy,
    I'm glad to hear your Mom is improving. I am sure she loves having both daughters living close by. Don't sweat the weight. You've been thru a lot lately. What's most important is that you were there for your Mom. Now, as Dianne said, you can begin to focus on Sandy.

Dianne,
    I hope you get over the bronchitis and feel better. Good going on your loss...doesn't matter how long it takes, right?

Kathie lives about 11 hours away. We're in a NW suburb of Chicago, and she's in north-central Arkansas, on Bull Shoals Lake. It's not really that bad, just have to devote a day to driving. Her home is 135 miles from the closest interstate highway! We'll be watching the weather very closely with our fingers crossed....as well as hoping we don't come down w/any colds, etc...as her resistance will be lowered. AND that she'll be feeling up to it. A very iffy situation at best.

American Idol tonight!

take care,
    Jen
  • Thanks Jen. 11 hrs. isn't really that bad. That is how long it takes to my mom's. Hope you get to go. That will be a priceless visit. I watched American Idol. There is one girl that makes it through to Hollywood from Huntsville. She went to our rival high school. Her uncle was on our country station and he said he heard she made it to the top 20. He said he could get into trouble saying that. I hope she doesn't get into trouble. He name is Cardin, I think, She will be in the Atlanta auditions. I hope they show her. I wish they would show the good ones more.
    Luv you guys,
    Terri