30 Somethings Weekend Chat: Jan 5/6 (Sat/Sun)

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • evening all..well work was pretty good today...busy but not insane...usually saturday's are insane...esp since we are open untli 7pm. Alot of people use us as an "emergency vet" since their normal vet is closed. Sometimes that could be frustrating because they'll turned down what i say and say they'll check with there regular vet...i understand that...but sort of a slap in the face at time. But oh well...such is life. Today at work i had a great vicory. One of my petnurses's had gone to taco bell for lunch and she decided she was too full for the taco she orders after finishing her nachos..she asked me if i wanted it or she was going to throw it away...a few weeks ago i would have devoured that thing...but i said no..even though the taco was screaming my name...i turned it down...yeah me!!!!! small victory...but a victory i'm rejoicing nonetheless.

roo- hope you got some stuff done...the pilates video might not be a bad thing to look into.

esk - i have a suggestion..why don't you politely ask dh if he could help you out and support you and try not to eat the junk around you. In addition, if you are the food shopper in the house...i would tell DH that from now on..he can buy the junk food because you are really trying to make a go of this...and you will no longer be buying junk food. Its up to him...but good for you for going leaving the situation. Enjoy a nice nite reading a book.
    pam- how can you be a baker and loose wt..man i'd be eating cookies all day long LOL. i wanted to catch that show, but missed it. I was curious how it was...looks like a good show to improve the way women view themselves and perception of their body

trish - btw...we have the same first name...yeah to all the patricia's in the house LOL
    hey to all else...got to run to the store...found a wonderful sounding ground turkey crock pot recipe that i think i'll make for DH tomorrow..check it out...looks good...and with the cold weather (although its warming up) chili sounds good.
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Lauras-...li/Detail.aspx
  • OK, duh, didn't even notice the dates Roo! I guess I got all flustered about the 3 threads!

Trish...and everyone else...post your miles right here on the thread tomorrow sometime. I'll find everyone's totals and combine them.
  • good morning all...

Patricia, good for you on the taco!! I love those things! I will def. check out the recipe, I love turkey chili. It has so much flavor, you don't need the fat from the beef. I started making turkey tacos last year, and the kids & dh love them, too. As far as baking, I just don't care about it. When you work with it so much, it actually is kind of a turn off. Occasionally I will have a cookie, but hardly ever. I have 120 more to make today.

Gotta go, Cadence wants to get on nickjr.com & I need to start getting ready for church soon.

Have a great day all!

Pam
  • Mornin' All!

I'm halfway through caffienating myself! Had a better day with food yesterday, and plan an even better one today.

GG, good for you on the taco! I'm not sure I'm to the point of tossing it yet, it would take ALOT of effort on my part. I'm getting there though!

Have a great day all!
  • Good morning! Happy Sunday to everyone. Just a quick post for Lauren with my exercise for this past week - I hope that it is ok that I post it here... 15 miles for the past week.

Have a good day! Dawn
  • morning all..just a quick hi...ran to they gym this am...did 13 min run...would have done longer...but i had to go potty so bad LOL...so then i came back and did 3 min walk 1 min sprint intervals...so had a killer workout..now i have to run and shower and get ready for work in 15 min...bye all...check back later.

pam btw..if you love turkey tacos and have aWhole foods near you..the Garden of Eden blue corn taco kit is to die for....i love it..and its only 3.5$ for the kit including 12 shells..just have to add the meat and any sides.
  • GG, I almost said, "13 miles?! WOW!!" Then I re-read and saw 13 min. Either way, great job!!
  • Good morning,

Yesterday was nice and quite and today should be also. I like weekends that are not jammed packed. Especially, since next week will be crazy.

I am throwing a bridal shower on Friday. Does anyone have any games they like to play at bridal showers? Thanks in advance.

I got 4 miles in this week.

Jasmine
  • Delta Dawn, that is excellent girl...

Lauren, do you start your new job tomorrow? Good luck! Ps, how is ds and did you get rid of your unwanted friend?

Jasmine, it's been years since I've been to a shower. Nothing is coming to mind right now.

I do not think I could fool my bunch with turkey tacos. I tried ground chicken for hamburgers once. Was not a big hit. I added lots of flovor to them too so they were not dry. I did like them however. Just hard to be making a diff meal for everyone.

It's gonna be a BEAUTIFUL day here today. It's already in the 60's. I guess most of us will be having the nice weather. Not gonna post my miles yet because I'm gonna try and get in a walk today.

Have a great day everyone.
    Alicia
  • Jasmine, here's a site you can check out for games and shower planning in general http://www.bridalshower.com/d-games/complete.html

Alicia~Chicken hamburgers?? Ugh! I don't even like lean ground beef for burgers. They're supposed to be juicy (ie fattening). I only eat them like three times in the summer, cause I just can't eat low fat burgers. Oh, and someone mentioned low fat popcorn...I tried Popsecret before...tasted like it was stale. Yuck. I don't get the loaded-up with butter stuff, but even the natural, butter free stuff is better than low fat, IMO. Now, dairy products, I could eat the low fat ones all day long, which I know some people hate. Funny, huh?

Back to cookies. At some point I have to help DH get xmas stuff in the attic...
  • Good Morning all,

It has been a pretty lazy weekend here. I got to sleep in a little bit. The kids are still up by 8 but at least it isn't 6:30. We went out for dinner last night to a chinese buffet and I was very careful about what I ate. I want to lose 10-15 lbs. by Valentine's day. I told my husband about my goals yesterday and he told me I couldn't do it. Well that makes me even more determined to accomplish it. Hopefully this week I can get rededicatied to my treadmill. I need to start running again. I need to get ready for my Physical Training test in April. Oh yeah I forgot to mention, I am in the Navy Reserves. I haven't really run much since November when I hurt my ankle but I have been walking on my treadmill. I go back to college in a week. I have an hour and a half between classes on Mondays and the school has a small gym with cardio machines do I will probably use that. Mondays are days that I am really busy after school and usually don't have time to work out. So that will be nice to get in between classes.

Alicia, I used DIP to take down wall paper with the claw and it was great. I still have a little bit to finish in the bedroom.

Talk to you all soon.

Dawn
  • Afternoon,

My totals for this week are 13 miles.

GG I don't know if you've tried it but the white chicken chili is really good.
    My family all looked at me with their faces all scrunched up when I told them thats the chili we were having about a week ago, but they loved it.
    If you haven't tried it yet, give it a go. I found some recipes on the internet and the I tweaked them to make them my own and make it a little healthier.

Pam, I love to bake I just don't do it that often because I want to eat it, you have to taste what you make to be sure others will enjoy it, right???

This week is gonna be hard to stay on my eating plan, my grandma died and we'll be having the whole family get together thing and the viewing and the eating at the church after and the stress of keeping my mom sane (I'm not sure if that'll be a success). Soooooo, hopefully I will be able to maintain what I started this week, I have done well and I don't want it to be for nothing. The starting is the hardest part for me so if I screw up and have to start over I'm afraid I'll just skip it.

Have to go walk the dogs, everyone have a beautiful day!

Trish
  • Trish, sorry about your grandma. I want to try the chicken chili, never had it before. My mom is so funny, I told her about it, I got a seasoning pack to make it, anyways she was like NO WAY. Funny how people get stuck in their ways. I told her she was stubborn just like my grandma. Good going on the miles!

Pam, yeah the chicken just wasn't the same. But I told myself it was a sandwich instead of a burger. I only like the lowfat cheese if it is melted. It seems to be extra stringy though. I agree with you on the popcorn, it kinda tastes like cardboard.

I am headed to Lowe's today and the grocery store. Was gonna go to Kohls to use my $10 coupon, but after looking at it, it expired yesterday. Which is a good thing cause I wind up saving more money by not going.

Talk later,
    Alicia
  • lol @ Alicia with the Kohl's..sounds like me.!!

Trish, sorry about your g-ma. Hope you get through the week okay.

Dawn, good attitude!! Get your workouts in between classes is a super idea, that way you'll get them done!!

Okay, I'm only at 4 miles this week cause I didn't get up early like I was before Christmas. Tomorrow I will be up at 5

Off to make dinner.
    Pam
  • lol at lauren - heck if i did 13 miles..man i would have been in the hospital

tanner-sorry can't help you...i hate bridal shower games LOL. i told my mom before i got married NO bridal shower.

fightingtoloose - good luck on getting ready for your PT test

trish - sorry to hear about your gma...hope you were able to be good at the gathering..but if not...dont beat yourself up

work today was SLOW!!!! but i like sundays because you work for 2 hrs...have a lunch break and then work for 3 hrs and theday is over. So its nice that way. And the chili i made was awesome..not dry at all. i actually made a few substitutiosn that were recommend..instead of the soup i used a can of crushed tomoatoes with green chillies and added a 4oz can of green chillies...i then also added a small amount of jalepenos for some kick. It was TASTY!!!!! i ddn't think it was dry at all...but honestly...you could use the recipe for ground beef too. I have tried white chicken chilli and i like that too...but prefer regular chilli. I'm letting dinner digest and then i'll prob take the dog for a walk..its warming up here again...nice thing about the south (: