Pictures from Christmas

• So, these are my Christmas pictures. I guess I'd better own up. Christmas was a total mess this year. With all the stress (and terrible food) my face broke out like you wouldn't believe. All my life I've had perfect, clear skin. I'd break out every now and again, but it cleared up after a day or two. But this started on the 19th, and is just clearing up now. Which led to depression, which led to self-medicating with food, which led to a 5 pound gain.

Anyway, the first and the third, I'm actually, relatively happy with. The middle was the "jabba the hut" photo.

Pictures
  • Oh hon, you look great, and HAPPY, especially in the last photo.

You're on your way to losing weight, right? So why spend the time and energy berating the photos of you now? Just point that energy toward being healthy and exercising. Being mean to you, in my opinion, is a waste of precious energy.

You have a gorgeous face and you and your family look so happy!
  • Thanks. I actually took what you said in my other thread to heart. I read it, and got all pissy, honestly. =) But the more I thought about it, I realized how right it was. So I planned and planned, and finally convinced my family to stand behind me with it. I started Atkins again today, and have been doing it right so far. I'm hoping that the 5 pound gain was water weight, so I'll be below the 250 mark again by the end of the first 2 weeks.

Although I made my girls boiled potatoes and carrots for dinner, and I reaaaallllyy wanted them.

Anyway, in that last pic, it's me with my 2 cousins, and my girls (5, 3 and 2 - I guess we could also do as one of my weight-loss friends has done : 80 pounds, 20 pounds, 20 pounds :P).
  • I like the top picture. Pretty! No acne is visible in any of them, either.
  • Sorry, I have to agree with these guys - you look lovely, your smile is charming, and I love your top (red is one of my favorite colors). I definitely don't see anyone that even remotely resembles a giant slimy space villain.

Good work getting started!