Atkins, Please??

• Hi Everyone,

I'm returning 2 years after starting Atkins and losing 110 pounds in 9 months. Loved the diet, but in a nut shell, gave up after opening a tavern with my hubby and cooking in the kitchen everyday. Yes, I'm a picker!!!!

We'll I started back on the diet about a month ago after gaining weight back and now that the holiday rush is over, here I am again to lose weight and hopefully leave it here in cyberspace forever.

So hello to everyone and a few questions:

What happened to the Atkins forum? Anyone here doing strick Atkins? Where the heck can I buy all those yummy Low Carb treats I used to eat? they have all disappeared from the stores. Is low carb not the FAD diet now?

Looking forward to talking (and losing with you)

Shell
  • Hi Shell , Welcome! There are a few of us here doing Atkins. Congrats on your loss so far. The LC products are hard to find now, I shop on line at nettrition for a few things .
  • Hi! I was looking for an Atkins forum but couldn't really find one. I'm new so I thought I'd look around a bit in case I missed it.

I am doing strict Atkins. I am on day 4 and have lost 6 pounds. I've done Atkins before but I usually quit after a month. Not this time - at least not til I get ALL the weight off.

I've seen Atkins shakes and bars in the diet section of the grocery stores. If not I'm sure you can buy online. I think I'll stick to my induction mode for at least a month and then move on from there.

I appreciate any experiences/suggestions from Atkins dieters!! I love reading how much weight people have lost. It is so uplifting!
  • In April I will celebrate 4 years on Atkins. I'm what others refer to as an "Atkins purist"....meaning I'm very strict. I don't do lc products, I stick more to eating real foods.

All the best to you!!!

Kim