TBL Couples: Season 5 Discussion *SPOILERS*

You're on Page 65 of 66
Go to
  • Yeah I know...but her percentages through last week (they haven't updated the site for tonight) are better than Jay and Roger so they better watch out.
  • he is sooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Quote: Okay how the heck did they keep Brit's boobs up like that?
    RIGHT!?!?! I was wondering the same thing, an invisible bra?
  • KELLY LOOKED INCREDIBLE, I was seriously shocked what some make up and a blowdry did for that woman. WOW!
    Dan's hair does look better, that's not saying much.
    Mark was good looking till the beard thing.
    Rodger's wife is so pretty.
    Britney deserved to go home this week, and I am glad it was her simply because I COULD NOT hear another minute of Mark and Jay whimpering about being apart!
    Ali looks incredible and her face is SO animated. But she does look older to me, I wonder how old she is.
    That one interview with Britney, she looked terrible, acne and all, shows what make up can do.
  • I think they used something like this for Britney's breasts: http://www.advantagebridal.com/nubrasibrass.html
  • Quote: It was just so staged...an awful commercial.
    That was REALLY awful, wasn't it? "Show me your new clothes. Oh by the way have you been taking your VITAMINS? (close up on vitamins) VITAMINS ARE SO IMPORTANT (close up on vitamins again) WE LOVE VITAMINS. VITAMINS ARE PRETTY...." It was really, really bizarre.

I'm sad Brit went because I liked her, but her #'s have always been low. I wonder if she has something hormonal going on that hasn't been addressed. I mean, to work out as hard as they do and consistently lose 2lbs a week does not seem normal.
  • I LOVED this episode. My hero Tim Gunn made everyone look AMAZING! I can't wait to get to my goal weight so I can go out and buy the 10 essential items every woman should have in her closet.

Here's my take:

First of all....what was Allison wearing at the fashion show? OMG....with Tim Gunn standing right there! He must have been dying to rip that little ribbon off her neck. Egads.

Jay: Looked amazing. I'm glad he got rid of that old haircut. It made him look so outdated, and mentally challenged. You could tell he LOVED the way he looked and kind of felt like a "bad boy" wearing that leather jacket. He just seems like an all around nice guy.

Mark: Okay...no matter how much I think he is a jerk...this guy looks hot. Wow. Unfortunately, losing weight has turned him into a chick. Geez, get a grip already. yikes. Oh, and about the whole "I don't want to seem too competitive" thing.....all gameplay. This man is all competitor, he is going to win this thing if it kills him. I admire his competitiveness in a way, but all that crying...ugh. I have such mixed feelings about Mark.

Dan: I want to hate him but I can't. He is so cocky and acts like such an idiot, but I have to think of WHY he acts this way. God knows, he must not have been very popular with the ladies in the past. He must feel like a trillion bucks right now and all that testosterone must be getting the better of him. I'm sure he feels like a total chick magnet right now and can't contain himself. Dan's on a mission and I'm sure his goal is to catch a WOMAN!! I bet he could barely contain himself when Brittany was sitting next to him on the bed. I can just hear him say, in his best Austin Powers voice...."Oh Behave!" He probably thought Brittany was trying to come on to him or something! Too funny!

Roger: I don't know why, but I just don't like this guy. I can't explain why except he gives me a bad feeling.

Ali: I think in the beginning when she was there with her Mom, she broke down to Jillian and talked about feeling like she had to take care of her Mom when she was young. It definitely has taken a toll on her and she does look older than her years. That being said, I absolutely love Ali and I am truly rooting for her. She looks AMAZING and hopefully she will feel young and vibrant again and go out and live the life she missed out on growing up. She "owned" that dress on the catwalk....you work it girl!

Kelly: Another one of my favorites from last night. OMG....can you say FIERCE? When kelly gets to goal she is going to be stunning. She looked so amazing last night (how many times can I say amazing in one post? ) In prevention magazine she talks about always being the "caretaker". She has taken care of her family, works as a nurse...but never took care of herself. She felt guilty to do things for herself, even losing weight. You can definitely see that in her personality. Now she says she is taking care of herself and feels great. She had the biggest transformation in my opinion. Flat ironing that 1980's roller derby queen doo, and her make-up.....beautiful!

Brittany: Wow...nice boobs! She looked great and another one who "owned" the catwalk! She is gorgeous and could easily do plus size modeling. Looks like she and Jillian formed a really tight bond and it was touching to see how much they care about each other. Brittany seemed really scared to go home. She still doubts herself, and doing this whole thing alone. It must be really scary, but it looks like she is doing well. I can't wait to see her at the finale.

Can't wait till next week!
  • I believe they taped her up to create that cleavage. It looked like she had implants, didn't it. I think they tape the outsides with like masking tape and bring it up toward the shoulders to give it lift and volume.
  • I missed the first 28 minutes, can somebody tell me what happened? (I missed it because I was eating my dinner, very sloooooowly, as Mr. McKenna suggests, putting the fork down after each mouthful .... LOL) and I did not realize that the show already started. I caught it when the girls were getting their haircuts.

I hate Dan less with the new haircut (although they could have cut off more).

What the heck is it with Mark and Jay being such big time sobbers? I thought it was ridiculous how Mark cried when he hugged his wife .... gimme a break. Or even afterwards, he could not say anything without breaking down. Sheesh. They both such babies.

I laughed when I saw Brittany in her dress - the boobs -hahaha! I wondered how many pieces of some tape they had to use to keep her boobs from popping out.

Kelly looked absolutely amazing in her dress, it was so flattering. I actually prefer her with curly hair instead of straightened, but it doesn't bother me. But, if she wants to become the first woman Biggest Loser, she will have to start pulling bigger numbers. But I adored that black dress - I would not mind having it myself.
  • Quote: I'm sad Brit went because I liked her, but her #'s have always been low. I wonder if she has something hormonal going on that hasn't been addressed. I mean, to work out as hard as they do and consistently lose 2lbs a week does not seem normal.
    Wasn't it Brittany who has PCOS? I thought I remember that from early on in the show. That could explain her slow weight loss.
  • I'm thinking I gotta stop reading this thread, you guys are mean. I need to make sure I never go on a show like this. Poor Mark, shows his wife some love, breaks down he's so happy to see her and now he's a potential cheater? thats harsh.

I thought Ali's cut looked fantastic on her. I loved it, very youthful. Kelly looked fantastic, she's got that thin hair like me, I wonder if I could pull that off.

I loved Dan's haircut too, so much better.

They all just looked so great in their outfits even if some of them I didnt like on the mannequin. I want Kelly's dress, I need to find something flattering to wear to my graduation and loved that style!

Does anyone know the mentality of upping sodium? Just curious what the science was behind that.
  • Quote:
    Does anyone know the mentality of upping sodium? Just curious what the science was behind that.
    I'm gonna take a complete stab in the dark based on what Jillian said about her electrolytes being imbalanced: Maybe if Brittany had low blood sodium levels her blood pressure had dropped too low and her body responded by releasing a hormone (aldosterone) which causes sodium retention. This in turn causes water retention because your body is always trying to maintain the proper levels of sodium concentration in the bloodstream; too much sodium means your body holds on to water to try and balance out the concentration. By increasing her dietary sodium intake maybe the idea was to raise her blood pressure slightly so she would stop trying to retain sodium and lose the water weight. The only reason I can see for her blood pressure being low was when Jillian said she was working her out harder than she had ever had anyone and their calories are really low and she's quite young. I hope that was somewhat coherent. Besides her blood pressure being low, there could've just been a disequilibrium between her sodium levels and as a result her body tried to retain some sodium and ended up retaining water as well.

Again, that's a complete stab in the dark. If anyone has an actual verifiable answer I'd be really interested to hear it...
  • Updated %

Dan--36%
    Mark--35%
    Ali--34%
    Roger--33%
    Jay--30%
    Kelly--27%
  • Ok, Brittney in that dress with that kind of a cleavage....HECK NO.....It's not that I'm overly conservative, it's just that there are certain dresses that only folks with a certain body can honestly pull off. Brittney just doesn't have it in my opinion.

Dan's hair....I honestly don't like it. It just doesn't fit his facial structure. Then again, it seems to me like his hair is always flat, so if he put some volume in it, it might make it look better.

Kelly was the surprise transformation in this episode. Girl was rocking it!

Makeovers aside....I think Dan made an excellent choice in voting off Brittney instead of Jay. For one thing, he knows once the girls are all gone, then its down to the guys. For now, I think Roger is on his side, and he's gonna need Roger since I forsee Roger hanging in till the end considering the amount of weight loss he still has left to lose. Jay and Mark are pretty close to goal, so it shouldn't be too hard to get them voted off in the future....

Depending on who goes under the yellow line next week, Dan would be smart to get the girls on his side as backup.
  • I thought Brittney looked fantastic! She showed that plus sized girls can still be sexy as ****!