TBL Couples: Season 5 Discussion *SPOILERS*

You're on Page 20 of 66
Go to
  • Melissa - LMAO - have we EVER agreed on the contestants? She reminds me of my Mom, I guess that's why I like her.
  • Quote: Pink Team - DRAMA! Bette Sue is starting to annoy me a little with those expressions. I LOVED Jillian's answer about her being the first casualty.
    You know what, though? She NEVER quits, and I find that admirable. I think the faces are part of her personality, but it seems soooo obvious in post-production. "Oh, there's another face! We HAVE to put that in!" I bet she is great fun to edit.
  • Quote: Purple Team - Do they get medical tests before they show? Cause I'm thinking there's go to be a medical reason for Jenn not to be losing if she's staying completely true to plan.
    That's exactly what went through my mind also. I wonder if she has hormonal imbalance issues (or is pregnant?) I wonder if the medical tests would include checking things like hormone imbalances/thyroid, etc. Of course it could be the alleged oreos.
  • Quote: I think back to Jillian's comment about the enablers. Obviously, Amanda is Neill's enabler to the nth degree. "People just don't get him. They don't understand. He takes a long time to adapt. It is easy to misinterpret him." Or, you could strap on some ovaries and tell him to get his butt in gear. That marriage will never last.

On the other hand, the fact the Ali had HER enabler there was the key to a really important change in her life...how she views herself, her relationship with her mom, knowing WHY she eats. I really feel like the pink team has consistently had the most changes in thier personal and world views.
    This was exactly my thought. If Amanda doesn't put her foot down and say she won't take that crap he won't change. However, the fact that Ali was able to talk through things with Bette Sue was invaluable.

Like everyone else I was thrilled to see white gone. I didn’t particularly like black to begin with but now I really don't like them.

I do like the orange team. Their relationship reminds me a lot of my relationship with my mom. I also wish we would see more of the grey team.

OK - I know this is a spoiler thread, but even so I will write this in white in case anyone doesn't want to read something that Jillian said on her show this Sunday (highlight to read):

Jillian was describing how one of the young girls on this season's show had undiagnosed PCOS. Even though they went through extensive medical checks the doctors didn't find it. Jillian pushed the issue when the girl continued to have bad numbers week after week. Once they figured out what was going on things really changed. I am pretty sure she is talking about Jenn.
  • Quote: If I lost 4 pounds in a week I'd be thrilled.
    Me too! Heck, I'd be doing flipping cartwheels....and I don't even know how to do a cartwheel!
  • Quote: You know what, though? She NEVER quits, and I find that admirable. I think the faces are part of her personality, but it seems soooo obvious in post-production. "Oh, there's another face! We HAVE to put that in!" I bet she is great fun to edit.
    I don't dislike Bette Sue, I think she's doing a kickbutt job, it's just that her expressions just remind me of someone. I had the same issue last season with Nicole.
  • Ahhhhhhhhhhh! Thank Nancy. I hadn't even thought of that. Maybe she's not hiding oreos then, lol!
  • Help me out what's PCOS?
  • I'm surprised this wasn't mentioned. . . but did anyone notice the white team's weightloss numbers AFTER leaving the ranch?

The wife lost 24 pounds AFTER leaving the ranch.
    The husband lost 23 pounds AFTER leaving the ranch.

That's pretty sad for the husband.
  • Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
  • Regarding the losses after leaving, one thing that is really strange is the timing of this one. This show is still being taped, but it is already on the air. For the other shows, the season was filmed long before it aired and there was a lot more time in between when they left and when the show started and hence there was a lot more time for people to lose at home.
  • Nancy--I called that one to DH last night! I work in women's health, and she has a lot of the physical traits. I am not surprised that they missed it because unless you test at the right time in the cycle or over several cycles, you can miss the hormonal markers.

The Oreos Theory is just so much more interesting.
  • Regarding the PCOS ... it could be Kelly (Yellow Team). We already know she had problems with getting pregnant and staying pregnant. Just a thought.
  • Quote: Regarding the PCOS ... it could be Kelly (Yellow Team). We already know she had problems with getting pregnant and staying pregnant. Just a thought.
    Yeah, that was my first thought.
  • My 2 cents, I think Kelly would have already been tested to death, since they had fertility problems. That's why I'm leaning toward it being Jenn.