Aussie Chicks in 2008

You're on Page 24 of 53
Go to
  • :c arrot::car rot::carro t: :ca rrot::carr ot:
    congrats ani!!!!!!!
    i am so so happy for you!!!!!
    and you go girl with the deadwood goal! i need to do that but it is so hard when they are "friends" or friends with other friends or in your mothers group etc!
  • Congratulations Ani on your weight loss. That's awesome! The Bunnings job sounds brilliant too, I hope it all works out.

I'm feeling absolutely revolting at the moment. I had the day off yesterday and am still feeling blah today. I'm very headachie and feeling totally zapped and unmotivated.

On Saturday I went and got another new tattoo. This one is a big dragonfly on my right foot and lots of lovely green leaves. By the end of the two hours I was in agony and will have to go back for another session when this is healed. My poor foot looked like a balloon it was so swollen! I'll be happy once it's finished though and I'll have the prettiest feet in town
  • Oh dear Julia. I've always wanted a tattoo on my foot and now I'm not so sure. Did it really hurt that bad? Someone once said to me that it cains on yr foot. And when I got my local injection on my toe I started having doubts about going through with the tattoo. I have 3. 2 on my back and one on my arm. The one on my upper back was a little ouchy as they neared the neck / spine. The arm was ok and the lower back I fell asleep (was a 5 hour tatt) although getting into the 'plumbers crack' was a little stingy for a minute till the adrenalin kicked in.

Shoot gotta fly. Work calls. yuck. Wonder if I'll get a cow today?
  • Vonni, the first hour or so of tattooing was fine. Painful but tolerable but after that it was all downhill - even the wiping hurt! With the foot I find that some parts are absolutely fine while other parts really kill. The pain's only temporary though and the end result is worth it.

I took half a day off work yesterday and went home to rest. My diet yesterday was horrible and I don't even want to think about what junk I ate. Onwards and upwards today though, I'll be back on point and am determined to go to the gym after work even if it is just to walk for half an hour on the treadmill.

• I spent most of yesterday unpacking books, and I still feel like I haven't got anywhere! But I am hoping that a good day's effort today will start to show.

Gen you must be almost ready to jump on that plane. Are you excited? Scared? I figure that since we haven't seen much of you around here that you're pretty busy - but I hope you get a chance to pop in before you go.

Lindor are you around? I'm getting worried about you.

I've been very naughty with water this last week, so today's aim is to hydrate myself - and to keep unpacking! Blah.
  • Barb are you around? Is everything OK?
  • Yeah where is everyone? I've been so caught up in my own affairs that I've been slack on the notice.

Lindor... Barb... Hey where's Kylie?
  • I'm here. I've had no modem for the past two weeks, so no internet access, bugga.

So now I'm sitting here catching up and getting fatter by the minute!
  • am going to be on email but not forums for the next could be 40 days!!!!! am giving up broadband for the monthish for lent, the church is having a lent event fundraising thing and i have needed ebay and whatnot for jemima's birthday so couldnt start when everone else did but this is it...... (as i am not actually turning off connection it is going to be a real willpower thing!)

food - i have been quiet about that lately coz if i told you guys what i had been doing, well even i would have kicked myself in the butt
    i took a week off - big time - i have eaten lots - lots of left overs from party etc - finished it with pizza and a honey joy tonight
    tomorrow weigh in day but not weighing in- tomorrow benji is hiding the scales
    tomorrow back on optifast but i think 2 shakes one small meal
    next thursday weigh in and then thats it - count down to my birthday

so i will be back in 40 days or a month not sure and hopefully 3kg lighter is a realistic goal

(for everyone?)
  • Good luck on your 40 day fast Kel. I'm sure you can make some good progress while you're offline but again, I've got to say that I don't think that the shakes are a good way of doing it. I'll leave it at that and just say best of luck, we'll all look forward to hearing about your progress next month when you're back

I went to the gym last night for the first time this week. Did my weights and about 30 minutes of an aerobics class. I'm down another 800g and am really loving the difference that I can see in my body shape. My shoulders and arms are beginning to get a bit more muscular as are my thighs. I likes it!

I'm hoping to at least maintain at 82kg for the rest of this week. I'm going out for dinner tonight and tomorrow night so that'll be a challenge. Must do more exercise too!

• I'm here still. Shipped my boxes yesterday, so just got left what I'm carrying to the US.

I feel weird!! I have this gnawing nervous blah feeling. It's just different this time since I won't be working for the aussie company once I get there.

Nervewracking!!

Kel, you're good - I would die without my internet and would have to lock up my wireless card in order to give it up.
  • Kel I would have given up something like takeaway food for Lent , not sure why you'd give up one of your support groups at a time when you seem to be struggling with food.

Gen when do you leave? I'd be nervous too - scared, actually! But we create our own opportunities - so good for you! I'm feeling a bit nervous myself - not sure if the Bunnings job will come through…

But I figure that something good will come of me rearranging my life!

Been reasonably good this week. To be honest I've been really busy unpacking and trying to sort things out in the new house, and I haven't paid enough attention to my weight loss. I know I haven't been drinking enough water - but I've averaged 1600 calories/day with food.

Barb what's going on with you? Isn't it a pain when you lose access to the internet!

Anyway I have only 12 boxes left to unpack, and I intend to knock that little job over today. It will feel better once I have everything unpacked and put in place here … then I can get stuck in and start work on this very neglected garden .
  • I bought this programme yesterday and last night its on A Current Affair! Have a look. Oh and if you pay when you order you save $50.

http://aca.syd.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=382067
  • Kel I echo the others about shakes and our support but if you think you will be fine its all good. You can email me or contact through yahoo messenger(id on profile) if you need to vent or anything. You aren't going online but will still have email?

I've been ok the past few days. I have been 'snacking' as opposed to eating full meals (even though my portions of meals are little) and seem to feel better for it. Not as tired. I don't know if I have mentioned previously that I am iron deficient? Thats why I get so tired and no energy to exercise. Even iron medication goes straight through me. Most people get constipated, but Dr says for some reason my body doesnt WANT iron... go figure. Not going to have all the tests and stuff. Cause nothing they can do anyway except tell me to at healthy.

Gen when do you go? I'm sad but u better get on here regular or else we'll be waiting at the airport when you get back with crankiness and a boot up the bum.

Ani I hope job pulls through for you. You've done well unpacking to. I have been here 2 years and still have a couple fo boxes. Obviously don't need half the crap I have.
  • I leave on Monday!

Barbie, I don't understand what you're buying with that - someone telling you eat properly and exercise? Heh. We can do that for free!