That 70's Show -Here's to a new year and a new us

You're on Page 5 of 7
Go to
  • Well I'm officially down #1 this week. Not as good as it could've been - but it's still going in the right direction. Things will get better after TOM leaves.

As for personal life stuff - Joe and I had a much better night then we did day... I honestly don't think it's bad that our biggest problem is that I want him around! so we talked a little bit last night and then watched a movie. - relationship stuff is hard!! ugh!
  • Hubby and I used to fight every 3 months, never failed. Bickered during TOM but every 3 months I just went crazy. Thankfully we have seemed to outgrow that, now our melt downs are limited to about once a year. After 1o years together we have figured out what sets the other off. I understand where you are coming from.

I am down 1 pound. 187. I ate entirely more than I normally do. My waist is down to a 39.5" though! woo hoo, under 40!

I have smashed toes like that, hurts like the dickens!
  • flower! WTG on the smaller waist! Luckily for me - my waist has never been the problem... but the spare tire around my hips is getting smaller Good job on anotherpound gone too!
  • Congrats on the weight loss ladies! Toes are still killing me but I am determined to go to the gym tonight, so will have to see what I can actually do...that should be interesting. I'm dying to see the scale say 179 (not that it moved past 184 this week)....I know it will be at least another week or two...but I can't wait for it to happen.
  • Hi girls!
    sorry I haven't checked in for a while. I can see lots going on! Weight loss, broken toes and moving! Wow, you miss so much in a short time!

I took hydroxycut this morning. Don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing. Also finally picked up some Slim Fast -- the choc kind. Stuck it in the freezer this morning for 45 minutes, and it's not so bad. Like a breakfast shake. I'm still loving my SMART ONES chicken fettucine (sp?). My husband is actually a food scientist and he said his company has been retained to try and find some new formulas so that it doesn't make you feel bloated. It actually doesn't make me feel that way. Less of course my waist is so fat I just can't tell anymore when I'm bloated!

Have a great week everyone!

• Hello, hello! Wanted to check in this morning...feel like I have finally resurfaced and coming back to life after moving all week with the big Move In last Saturday. My back is still hurting...got so bad on Saturday night that I couldn't even stand up. I finally took it easy yesterday and put heat on it all day and took some anti-inflammatory pills...feel halfway back to normal today. I did end up losing 1 lb. last week..MIRACLE! We are finally settled in and can start eating at home again instead of having to eat out. Went to the grocery store with hubby last night and got lots of healthy food.

It was very exciting buying our first home! Though very emotional and stressful, too. I was laughing about the comments about fighting. I think DH and I fought more over the past two months than we did the entire 4 years we've been together. We have been married just over one year and I definitely had the "what did I get myself into?" moment while going through the stressful closing process/moving process. Thankfully it's over and we seem to be back on track. They weren't lying when they said that marriage/relationships take work! It was definitely a test of our marriage but I feel sooo great now that we've weathered the storm!

Amanda - OUCH on the broken toes! I hope you heal quickly!

2B -let me know how you like the SlimFasts. I've been thinking of picking some up for breakfast, since I have a hard time liking breakfast foods in general.

Flower ~ congrats on the weight loss!!

Keep it up, everyone!!! We can do it!
  • 2Fat & 2B - I drink slimfast every morning, put in freezer for hour and they are delicious - even have one in the evenings sometimes if my calories are low.
  • 2B & 2 Fat - Welcome back! I'm working late again tonight - I'm getting very sick of these hours - but the overtime is really nice It's killing my workout schedule - what's a girl to do??? well back to it...
  • Good morning, ladies! Eny, sorry to hear about the late night hours... no fun! I hope you get back to working some regular hours soon.

Amanda, thanks for the Slim Fast tips. I have to stop by the grocery store on the way home from work today so I may pick some up.

Well the house is coming together, though I tried to pick up a large, heavy tub of books last night and aggrivated my back again. It's hurting pretty bad this morning...boo! Other than that, DH and I are back on track with eating healthy at home... yippee! Last night we had baked chicken, brown rice and green beans. It tasted so good, and my scale was very kind to me this morning, as well!
  • 2Fat - S/F canned is cheapest at Walmart in my area - 6pack +2 free for I think $4.98...either there or BJ's wholesale club.

Eny - guess what? okay, you dont' have to guess...but a friend of mine is going to walk the 5k this weekend and she asked me to do it with her...so I am going to...broken toes and all...I was able to do the elliptical for 45 min. last night...so I shouldn't have too much trouble with the 5k...a little sad I wno't be running it, but very happy that I will be in it! Plus, I get a free tshirt designed by the person who it is in memory of's wife (weird sentence, I know) which I can show off at the gym...which might sound lame, but I am excited!

In other news...the scale gods are back in favor as even though TOM is still lingering, scale showed 183 this morning!!! Very exciting for me as with all the bloat the scale was showing 187 at times through the week...can't wait for it to all be gone! I have a love/hate relationship with water weight....but at least I know how to track my own...so it gives me some relief as I know it will go away quickly.

Flower...did you check out the strawberry festival?
  • The strawberry festival is the same time as Bike Week in Daytona. hubby REALLY wants to go do that. We may have to compromise.

I got yelled at today, security thought I was a student at the high school. I will take that as a compliment at age 38.5!

My engine collant light went back on. I just filled it up on Sunday. That means I have a leak. I don't need this, going to WDW on Friday!

I have today to finish cleaning. Parents{dad, step mom} come in at 6, thank goodness they are staying at a hotel but they will still visit.
  • Bike week, strawberries, bike week, strawberries - I'll bet there are nicer looking men at bike week

My weekend is getting filled with fun things to do - y'all are going to start making fun of my festivals...but Saturday (after the 5K) I am going to the Fellsmere Frog Leg Festival - yup - frog legs. Like...people eat them down here...I have before, they taste like chicken...nothing too exciting...not planning on eating them this weekend though...not really my thing, just really in it for the festival. I'm going with my mom - she had the idea - and heck, sometimes it's just nice to get out of town for the day.

Still haven't cleaned my bathrooms...they are getting to be hazardous to my health...ugh!
  • Yippee! Down another lb. this morning! the healthy eating is definitely paying off, plus our new house has stairs and I'm constantly running up and down them... always good to get in a little extra exercise! Last night I made stuffed shells with lowfat ricotta and Mmmm...so yummy. I brought leftovers for lunch today.

What's your survival plan for the weekends? They tend to be the hardest for me...
  • Anna - on the weight loss - the extra exercise - and getting everything organized again! My plan for the weekend - hopefully I'll just sleep and won't have to worry about it! actually As long as I keep my water intake up I usually don't do too bad - it's when I forget the water that everything else falls apart.

gator - I feel ya - I finally broke down and scrub my bathrooms last weekend. I generally keep them tidy - but a full cleaning had been awhile! Now if I could just get the gumption to do the kitchen floor! ugh.

flower for the visit - I always stress whenever my mom comes over too! That's awesome about being mistaken for a student!

Ok girls - off to work - again... I'm down to #180.8 this morning.. hopefully I'll keep this up for Sunday's "official" weigh in! & for all!
  • Looks like we are all working hard and keeping on track of our goals. Weighing in at 181 today...sweet!

Eny - I can't wait to hear what your Sunday weigh-in comes in at! You are kicking your own arse this month!!! Awesome!

I'm headed to the Frog Leg Festival tomorrow and hopefully...keep your fingers crossed everyone...I have time to clean those darn bathrooms on Sunday! Ha! I should be shot for how dirty they are (I mean, they aren't filthy..but they are far from shining!).

Oooh...I spoke with a trainer at my gym tonight...we are going to meet on Sunday to discuss personal training (his price isn't bad...$35/session) and I have talked with him plenty..he's kind of annoying, but not awful...and he works the door almost every night that I come...so...I'll try it out a couple times ....since I am just around the corner from losing 50lbs...I think I need to get harder into toning up...right now I use the machines, but would love to use the big boy weights I haven't told anyone (family) that I am doing this...so we'll just see how it turns out!

Have a great weekend everyone!