That 70's Show -Here's to a new year and a new us

You're on Page 4 of 7
Go to
  • I understand - except I have the opposite problem with the weather - it's SO cold here! I'm still going to do the 5K - but I'm walking - so the Jello shaking isn't so bad I haven't walked outside in 2 weeks because of the weather - I'm going to get out a few times this week though - since the weather's warmed up some.

And you're right - it's WAY past bedtime - but I just got done trying to catch up on some stuff from work since I missed 2 days... yuck! Oh well - Over time's nice
  • The Scale Gods are back in Full Swing!!! Weighed in at 184 this morning! I know, i weigh myself too much, but seriously...it works for me. I'm glad I'm getting off this plateau...I think my cooking light chicken noodle soup must have been the big helper...either that or all the miles I ran at the gym last night...whooo...that whipped my butt...over 6 miles

As for my jello wiggle butt...it can't be completely bad...2 guys started talking about it at the gym last night...I know...kinda rude, but it still felt good

Hope everyone is having a great day...I'm going to try my best to get some cleaning done around here!
  • Good morning ladies!!! Where is everyone? How is everyone doing? I don't have much to say...just a different day Hope everyone is doing well...
    Amanda
  • gator! - WTG on getting back in the scale God's good graces! Also - even if it is rude to talk about others back sides - it feels really good when it's a positive comment about yours!

Yesterday at work - I was wearing a pair of Khaki corderoys - and one of the girls in the office pulled on the back of them towards the top of my thigh and said "you're looking ****ing Great!" - yes it probably crossed some line somewhere - do i care - not really. I'm pretty open - touchy/feely wise.
  • Hi everyone, I'm here in body but not in mind... lol. We closed on our new house and began moving stuff yesterday afternoon. It snowed a good 4 inches the night before and as I was helping DH move our headboard up the driveway, I slipped on the ice and fell flat on my back. My back is killing me this morning! I'm hoping it's just a minor pull...ouch!

Well it's halfway through the week... I hope everyone is doing well! Amanda, way to go on breaking the plateau!! You should be very proud of yourself!
  • Getting over the old w/i hump is wonderful!

I have not a whole lot to add either. Just eatting lean, excersiceing more. Have a wonderful day everyone!
  • Good morning girls - I guess since none if us have a lot to add that we're all doing pretty good huh? This week is going good for me. I was finally able to do an actual work out yesterday.. it was nice. i'm going to ad in my ab video tonight... I'm feeling really squishy in the middle right now

I may actually walk outside today - it's not too cold - a lot depends on time - I get out of work at 3:30 - home by 4 - and then have to get dinner and DD to drum lessons at 6. maybe after if it's not too dark.

I've gotten SEVERAL compliments today on the suit that I'mwearing. A friend had given it to me a month or so ago and I now fit into it w/ out it being too tight! and it's a 16!! I'm SO EXCITED!!!

Ok I'm off to actually accomplish something at work now here's some for the rest of the day!
  • Eny - Congrats on the nice suit & the compliments it brings!!! Fabulous! Glad you are on track and everything is going well!

Flower - we are all talked out this month heh? Ha! I know, we are in a chitty chat slump!!!

2fat - Congrats on your new home!!! I know better than many - I sell homes for a living...so it is an amazing feeling - I love when I get someone into a new home....especially first time home buyers - it's great! Oh..the falling part and moving during winter kinda suck though I heard people up north don't really move at this time of year???

Well...I found a new pasta - Hungry Girl sent me the info this morning - as you all know, I am a fiber freak....so I have checked out online reviews and (3fc even has one about it) www.fibergourmet.com - 18-20 grams of fiber per 2oz. serving - only 130 calories and 1 gram of fat - and comes in different flavors and apparently...this is a bit tough to believe - but tastes just like real pasta - so great with a light alfredo sauce or tomato sauce...yum yum! I'm getting my order ready - so many rave reviews on non-whole wheat pasta are amazing (I try to eat whole wheat, but it just tastes like dirt to me!)

What else...not much to report...having a good work out week. Ewww...Started TOM today...but that is okay as I usally see a drop after TOM is done...sweet Who knew one could love TOM so much?

Anywho...I have a lunch date with a banker...at a mexican rest....so let's see how good I do...Mexican is my fave...so we are talking major holding back will have to take place...oh...and this banker hasn't seen me since the first week of November - when I was 208...sweet (cause I went to HS with her so she remembers the old me!) so I'm sure it will be a fun lunch

I'll let you all know how it goes!
  • Good luck at lunch Amanda! Eny, congrats on the suit! Anna...moving is fun, but stressful. Breathe!

Hubby and I worked out together Tuesday night. I am still in pain! I need to get lundges and squats back into my regular workouts. Once in a blue moon doesn't cut it! I will give my legs one more day rest (walking doesn't count, uses different muscle groups) and do an upper body workout and hubby is off tomorrow so he can torture me again.

Food is fine here. Yesterday was a eating day {healthy, within alloted points} probably as I am getting in 2 workouts a day lately. It is catching up with me. Trying to stay off scale til Monday. We will see if I can.
  • I can never stay off the scale! I weigh everyday - but don't bum on the flexuations of day-to-day. I only change the ticker on Sundays though... which is still hard for me when i have a loss in the middle of the week

My BF said last night that he wants to lose #45 - that's be awesome to have him doing this with me - but I know he's not quite ready to go for it yet... he's still in the talking phase.

Gator - have a great lunch! It's exciting to see people that haven't seen the "new you' yet.

Anna - on the house - that's SO COOL!!! I have moving and packing and trying to settle in - but in about 6 months you'll be all set again.
  • Lunch was good - I got grilled chicken breast that was delish and it came with rice & beans that I didn't touch! Yay me! I'm sure there was plenty of sodium in it, but hey...I drank a ton of water today...

Went to the gym tonight & attended my first class - Cardio Kickboxing - 1 hour - more like "Cardio Kick Amanda's Arse" should be the name of it. It was fun...I'm absolutely the worst coordinated person in the world...but I think I'll go again - I even saw 2 different people that I haven't see in about 10 years in there. Amazing I followed up Kickboxing with my normal gym routine...not bad...but I'm tired now...

Long day at the vet's office tomorrow (I work there part time) the receptionist called today to tell me that we have 3 emergency surgeries to do after our appointments...so who knows how long I will be there...guess a nap tomorrow afternoon isn't in my future...oh well

Eny - I'm like you with the scale - I actually like to watch the fluctuations...I usually don't get too depressed...until I have my once monthly 10-day plateau the week before TOM..which arrived so I should be seeing some loss this weekend...let's keep our fingers crossed!

I'll check in tomorrow btwn. appointments!
    ~Amanda
  • No, I am the most uncordinated person in the world. Good for you for getting to the class! Grilled chicken sounds yummy. I hate Spanish/Mexican rice. wouldn't tempt me in the least. The beans, I can take them or leave them.

I have cleaning and scrapbooking planned for the weekend. Getting in daily workouts as well.
  • Flower - you lose on being the lease coordinated. I now have 2 broken toes (my small ones on my right foot) courtesy of my bedroom door frame last night. They are bad and painful and the black and blue goes into my foot...not good...but not much a doc could do...so I'll just tape them up and let them heal...probably no running for a bit...but at least I can do weights and maybe some walking. Hurts sooooo bad right now!!!

On another note, I signed up for the Kmart challenge - I found out about it this morning on 3FC and went after work...today was the only day to sign up - but lots of prizes and you weigh in every 2 weeks. A little bit of motivation there! I'll let y'all know how it goes - they only require that you lose 2lbs every 2 weeks...so I should be okay! Especially since I weighed today and TOM is here...sooo..I'm pretty sure I'll be a bit lighter next weigh in.

Oh well, I'm tired and hurt...hope everyone is doing well...cold front coming here tomorrow - yay!
  • I'm an emotional TRAIN WRECK this weekend.. TOM's here - work is a complete stressful MESS!!! BF and I started fighting last night and it hasn't stopped yet. I'm praying that things will have calmed down by the time he gets home from work tonight.

It's just stupid stuff - nothing important - just me being overly emotional and I know it. UGH

I weigh in tomorrow for the "official" I have been very bad the last 2 days. I still think I'll be down from last week - but not as much as I could have been. I can't wait for this week (TOM) to end!
  • I'm with you Eny - my life has been a mess as well - constant fighting, tom, the toes....yuck! Wishing you luck!