That 70's Show -Here's to a new year and a new us

You're on Page 3 of 7
Go to
  • Another night, another good workout. I ate really well again today...tons of fruit, 2 Slimfast shakes as I was out of the house and only like to eat real meals sitting down at home....I know, weird...packed in 31 grams of fiber for my day and stayed below the rec. sodium allowance. I like that! Switched from American to Colby Jack cheese and cut my sodium in half!!! Woo hoo!

Still freezing in FL! Yuck! Ready for bed - will check in tomorrow - hope all is well!
    P.S. I am really enjoying the daily plate....really gives me a good perspective on what I am eating and what not.

P.S.S. Some of you have noticed, but I did start blogging on 3fc...soooo...maybe an update tomorrow on how I feel.

P.S.S. I'm about to upload another sweet shot I took of myself into my profile...love my face in this shot...besides my fatty cheeks, I'm starting to remember this face!
  • I woke up to a raging headache and my period. Lovely! At least I know where my rotton mood came from yesterday. I made cookies yesterday (I always bake when mad) and I only had 1! And when baby wanted one, I broke one in half and stuck the other half in the cookie jar. Normally I eat his half. Major accomplishment!
  • Love that picture Amanda!
  • isn't TOM so lovely? doesn't make a quiet arrival huh? I'm still feeling crappy... stayed home from work again today. At least my boss understands. I love my job, but it's going to be killer to try to catch up next week. Ugh.

I've taken your advice and I'm not worrying about the weight loss. I think I'll just revamp my goals come Sunday - nothing like a little extra boost to get my butt in gear this new years!

Amanda - I like the new pic! I think I may follow suit when I'm feeling better and take one too. especially now that I'm down about #15 from the first one - like to be able to compare the 2.
  • Got a hour walk in. Gotta modivate myself to clean some and then plan a shopping list out. Want to make the boys muffins this week from scratch.
  • Scale still isn't moving this week....but I am logging in everything at thedailyplate and I am staying very well on track. I figure it's just gonna be one of those *praying/hoping* short plateaus and it will start moving shortly. It's kind of annoying...but I'm living with it.

Went to farmers market this morning and stocked up on all sorts of fresh fruits. Forgot to get a couple items, but that is nothing new! Strawberries are just coming into season (All Hail the Plant City Strawberry Festival...can't wait to go!! - Flower are you going???) and I bought a pint and they just smell delicious...can't wait to eat some tonight.

Anywho...working out is going well, I just wish my gym was open later on Sat/Sun...I'd go more on those days if it were...but still plan to fit it in tomorrow....was lazy afternoon for me...which reminds me...I need to clean as well...boo hoo...I have just put it off for far too long!

Off to go burn some cals with cleaning!
  • I have never heard of that festival. When? where? I LOVE strawberries!

My old town was flooded in a levee break. {fernley NV} I was mesmerized by the photos and videos on the web yesterday. I got nothing accomplished in the afternoon. Good thing I had already done my walk!

W/I is in the morning. I gotta stay away from salt today and drink more water so I can get the best results possible.
  • Flower - I should've got that advice last night! I'm at #184.4 this morning for the official weigh in. I knew that I should have stayed away from the pizza last night... late night binge w/ lots of salt and not nearly enough water yesterday.

I'm going to keep my goals the same instead of changing them. I still can't do a full work out - I'm still not 100%. I need to not push myself right now.

I'm still well on schedule to be out of the #180's by Kickoff of the Super Bowl - I just need to stick with it, take things slowly. and start building back up - I have the Frozen Blueberry walk in 3 weeks!!!
  • Ugh. I feel like I got nowhere this week. I was on plan...exercised...but didn't lose any. The scale did hit 186 a couple times, but I don't feel like I justifiably lost that weight as it has also said 187. Oh well, I hope I get out of this rut real quick...I guess I'm just used to losing more quickly...and although it doesn't sound that way...I have mentally prepared myself to be patient when times like these arrive...they usually last about 10 days for me...but this one feels like forever. Anywho...just a little "poor me" rant...hope everyone had a great weekend.

Flower - the strawberry festival is in plant city...just google it, they have a good site...has a fair and all the different strawberries that you could ever want to eat. It is in February...lots of concerts...if you like country music.
  • Last Monday was 190.5 dressed, today dressed I am 188! Woo hoo! After 3 weeks of no change, FINALLY!
  • Flower - WTG on the loss - it must be great to be out of the rut!

Gator - hang in there - it's a small plateau - just stick with plan hon - it'll change. Are you still training for the 5K?
  • Hey everyone! You're all doing so great...and you are such great motivators and so inspiring! Congrats on the weight loss, flower!!

DH and I close on our new house tomorrow afternoon..ack! So the past week has been spent packing and cleaning..ugh... and then moving, unpacking and cleaning and organizing starts Wednesday at the new... no fun. But I'm so happy about our new home!

Something I realized this weekend... we have basically been living out of boxes for the past few days and things are obviously very hectic with getting everything in order and buying a home... so I have not been able to exercise as nearly as much as I like. Anyway, I was falling back into that "well we're moving and I don't have time to exercise/eat healthy" blah blah same old excuse... well just because I'm busy doesn't mean that I have to go off the deep end with eating, which is what I typically do.

I don't know about anyone else but when I eat poorly for a few days-week, I physically FEEL it. I feel sluggish, my stomach hurts, I'm tired all the time. I started "detoxing" i.e. EATING CLEAN (no processed foods/no fried foods/no more soda/etc.) and I already feel so much better. My stomach is finally saying THANK YOU for feeding me wholesome food!
  • Oh, also!!!! I am so excited I just had to share.

We are expanding our building at work and taking over the office building next door. Well as of Feb 1 the new building and all the construction will be complete... WITH A GYM! I am SO excited!! I get in way earlier than everyone (6 a.m.) and I can have the gym all to myself for the first hour I am at work! Of course I will have to work later, but that's ok.. I am just SO excited that we are finally getting a gym at my office!!! No excuses for me now!
  • Anna - That's awesome a new house and a gym at work! WOO HOO!!!
  • Okay - think I am getting back on track...I'm officially accepting 186 into my weight loss...it has been there all day today...even after coming home from the gym at 10pm...so I'm taking it and running with it!

Made some good low cal/low fat/low sodium chicken noodle soup and had that around 4pm for lunch/dinner....was too busy today to eat a true meal before then...just snacked.

Had a good workout...enjoyed it at least.

Eny - I'm not training for the 5k...I honestly don't think I am ready and would prefer to run in it....I can run inside on the treadmill or elliptical easily for that distance...but outside is another story...especially in the land of hot where we live in FL....but I am not forgetting it, I am just going to wait for another one after I drop 10-15 more lbs...I think I would be better then...you know, when my arse isn't shaking like jello!

Anywho..I'm tired and it's past bedtime...see you ladies in the morning!
    ~A