That 70's Show -Here's to a new year and a new us

You're on Page 2 of 7
Go to
  • Flower - That is awesome about 189 ! Woo Hoo for you !!!

Amanda - you look FANTASTIC !!!!! Be glad your binge is over. I'm also avoiding the scale, I have no idea what type of damage I did over the holidays.

Biggest Loser - anyone watching the new COUPLES edition? I heard one of the trainers say something interesting last night. "Never drink your calories".
    I said that over and over to myself several times. They also took the contestents to a hospital and it was enough to jump start "again" with new found motivation.
    I know people have questioned before, and I don't remember the answer - do they truly weigh in ONCE a week ?
  • Quote: I heard one of the trainers say something interesting last night. "Never drink your calories".
    I need to keep that in mind as I give up soda... again!
  • Flower - congrats on 189 and the kind words...not sure I am even in the 180s right now - hopefully it is just sodium kicking my butt....I'm aiming for 10-12 servings of water today. Gotta get this outta me!!!! Argh!

2BThin - Thanks for the compliments! The yuck part of my binge is that it wasn't even for the holidays...seriously...I just kept saying yes when people asked me to eat out!!! Seriously!??!? I know it won't happen as bad as it did this time again...but dang...how depressing! I'm working hard this morning...having a SlimFast now and planning on a big bowl of fruit in a bit.

Biggest Loser - nope, I only get to see it whenever it is on at the gym - I cancelled my cable about 6-7 months ago because I decided I was wasting my life in front of it ...now I can't say...oooh..I can't go to the gym because such and such is on tv....I DO NOT MISS IT!!! The only calories I drink are my slimfast which I have for breakfast almost every single day...and I consider it a meal as it does keep me full (I know this is not the case for everyone!)...other than that, everything else that I drink is calorie free...I mostly drink Water (I prefer Dasani over tap), hot tea (spiced or vanilla chai, green, or any other interesting flavor), diet coke (the more tea I drink the less I want this these days), Arizone Diet Green Peach Tea...yummy!
  • Hello ladies! I'm here! the party can now start!

Actually - I'm not doing much partying - i've had a killer cold since Thursday.. the only good thing about being sick is weight loss. I haven't worked out since THursday - and I'm feeling weak because of it. I tried to do some yoga last night - but when I was in the Downward facing dog pose my nose started to drip... EWWW!!!

My good news - My official weigh in for the week (Sunday 30th) was #187 - my official weigh in for the New Year (1/1) was #185.2 - only #.3 away from my New Years challenge goal!

My goal for this month is to get out of the #180's completely... my plan is to drop into the next 10's every month - If I can do that I'll make my ultimate goal by June - but i'm giving myself until Christmas of this year. I wrote a blog about it if you'd like to read it.
  • What is it with the holidays and being sick? It isn't like I did very much either.

I walked for an hour. It was wonderful to get away from my monsters for a little while! I feel recharged.
  • ENY!!! I was wondering where you were! You are right, the party can now start!!! Anywho...sorry to hear you are sick...but glad to hear you are hitting your New Years Goal!!! I'm with you...I'd like to just get down into the next 10's every month....it just makes you feel good to say...I'm never going to be 190 again!!! I can't wait to say that about 180!

Went shopping yesterday and got a few items...it was nice and an amazing feeling that everything I picked out to try on fit...seriously...that hasn't been the case in a few years...clothes just weren't made to fit me very well at my start weight....I kinda love it right now...shopping that is...but I can't do too much because it is just a waste of time considering I'm still shrinking!

Well, I'm eating well today and am putting that binge behind me. Lesson well learned...just making me feel poopy for 2 days afterwards is just not worth it!

Glad you got your exercise in Flower - I don't go until about 7:30pm...when I get to workout with the same group of folks (especially since within that group there are some nice looking men that keep me working hard...I know, lame...but they do keep me coming there!!!)

Well, I need to clean bathrooms...joy! Put away most of Christmas last night - tree is still here but ornaments are off it. Wish I could stand to keep it all out longer...but I'm just tired of the clutter...so sad that Christmas feels like clutter to me this year...oh well!

~Amanda
    P.S. I signed up for thedailyplate.com - I had tried Fitday.com but didn't like it so never went back...really enjoying the daily plate...hopefully it helps to give me a boost this month!
  • Hi Eny !! Hope you feel better soon!

Amanda - do you really like the slim fast? I have figured out my lunch and dinner, but I am working on my calories for breakfast and keep thinking about Slim Fast. I never heard of the daily plate, I need to check that out.

Well, sort of good news here. I braved the scales. I only gained 3.5 over the holidays. By my defination that is Dec 24 thru Jan 1. My DH gained 8 pounds! LOL I thought for sure I'd be up in the 220's if not 230's.
    I'm still in the 2-teens. Hee hee.
    My goal is also 10 pounds a month.

TTFN
  • I love The Daily Plate, too! I use it now. I've used fit day and spark people in the past, but daily plate has the most food (including fast food) I think. I was surprised to even find Great Value chicken breasts in their list of food (the wal-mart brand of chicken breasts). Plus it's nice to see a number of how many calories you have left to eat that day instead of trying to subtract it... nice for those lazy math people like myself.

So far today has been great. It's off to the gym when I go home!
  • 2Fat - glad you agree with me on the daily plate - definitely much nicer than the others...also, in FL we have a grocery store that most people up north don't have..and today they had my deli meat in the system when I searched for it - love it!

2Bthin - I love SlimFast - I usually have one for breakfast at 8:30am (I buy the rich chocolate royale in the cans, not the powder) and I keep them in the fridge regularly, but put them in the freezer for an hour before I am going to drink them...that makes them really like a milkshake. For some, they take getting used to...but they provide a lot of good nutrition...5 grams of fiber, low cal, low fat, lots of vitamins...and they keep me full for about 3-4 hours...I usually follow up about 3 hours later with either a Fiber One bar or an all bran snack...just to keep me full until lunch at 2pm.
  • Had a wonderful workout ladies!!! 3.7 miles on the elliptical, followed up by some upper body and ab exercises, then 2.5 miles on the treadmill...I do interval training - ended up with 1.5 miles of pure running, 1 mile of fast paced walk...wish I could do 2.5 miles straight running, but I'm just not there yet....oooh..the cute guy was 2 treadmills over from me!!! Yum! Made me work a bit harder

Oh...got on the scale once I got home, read 187.8...so not as bad as I thought...but I'm sure the flushing of the system the past 2 days has been a help...since I drink a ton of water at the gym, I am hoping the scale god will lower me down a bit in the morning...hey, a girl can dream right???

Night night!
  • gator - I'm starting to get scared by the scale gods! I weigh myself every day - and write it down - but only count the official on Sunday - well since I've been sick this is what's happened:
    Sun - 12/30 - #187
    Mon - 12/31 - #186.8
    Tue - 1/1 - #185.2
    Wed - 1/2 - #184.8
    Thur - 1/3 - #182.8

That's almost 5 pounds in 4 days - not too healthy...
    I even had my dd get on the scale the last few mornings to make sure that my new scale isn't broken! but every day she weighs between #39.6 and #40.2 (she's almost 6)

I'm still eating at least 1100 cals a day - but this illness is kicking my *** and I'm feeling weaker and weeaker from it. I did manage to do about 10 mins. of pilates last night - but then I couldn't take it anymore - my head felt like it was going to explode!
  • Good morning everyone! Well I faired very well on my official first day back on the diet...even got to the gym for half an hour...not as quite as long as I'd like, but it's better than nothing!

Anyone else get a sugar craving right after dinner? I think this is partially due to lately eating a lot of sweets over the holidays, but also because I think I was raised so that we always had dessert after dinner. I notice my dad does the same thing whenever we're at home. Last night I did just fine - had two reduced fat oreos and I felt satisfied.
  • Oh yes, I desire the sweets after dinner! It is a hard habit to break.

Scale said 188.5 today. I only count Mondays W/I as official though. I don't get on every day but if I am in the kitchen first thing I will.

Eny...I was hungrier during my illness. What is up with that?
  • Eny - don't stress about the weight loss...it happened when I was sick last month as well...I dropped like 5lbs. in one week...I don't think any of them came back...if they did, they weren't memorable...just think...even though you are sick...the scale gods are in your favor! Don't overwork yourself..you won't get better any faster that way!

2Fat - I don't normally get sugar cravings after dinner...not too much of a sweet person - however, I did find out about Breyer's Double Churn Fat Free Ice Cream and spotted some this week at Walmart - Cappuccino Chocolate Chunk...all I have to say is OH MY!!! Bestill my heart. It was fabulous, I tried it last night for the first time (only the 1/2 cup serving size too!) and it was absolutely amazing...yum yum yum! I might have a new weakness!
  • Amanda - thanks for the slim fast tip. I will pick some up. Congrats on the 3.7 miles !

Eny - I do hope you feel better, though I know it's not the best way to lose weight, I'd take it any way I can. But stay healthy!

2Fat - OMG, I have always craved something chocolate after every meal my entire life !