Hormel Chili Legal?

• I noticed that Hormel makes a turkey-based chili with beans and vegetarian chili with beans that are both 98% fat free?

Could these be legal in Phase 1?

I'm missing my soup
  • What are the ingredients? The nutritional info is OK except for supplying 50% of the RDA for sodium.

Why not make your own? Check out our recipe section.
  • Rubberduck, they aren't legal in Phase 1, as far as I remember. I just looked at the turkey one last night and it has some ingredients in it that make me think it would only work in Phase 3.

You can, however, make amazing chili at home! I absolutely ADORE the White Chicken Chili in the recipe forum. There's also a complete section dedicated to Soups and Stews--Phase 1. Don't quote me on it, but I think you can also have Progresso's Lentil soup in Phase 1...but check the ingredients first, please, to make sure, okay?
  • I was just looking at soups in the commissary the other day, and granted we don't have *that* big of a selection, but I literally found NONE that were Phase 1 legal. They all had either potatoes or carrots. Even the vegetable BROTH and bullion cubes had sugar and carrots in them! (I didn't check the beef or chicken broth since I'm a vegetarian.) I did, however, just discover a new use for the water that bakes out of my eggplant dishes - I'm going to use it as homemade vegetable broth! Perfect!

Kara