Momentum/Flex bios

You're on Page 3 of 6
Go to
  • Name: Brandie

General location: Troy, Michigan

Birthday: 7/27/85

Marital status: engaged !!!!!!

Children/grandchildren: None

How much weight do you hope to lose: I am staring with 70lbs. when get there I will see how I look it may need to be adjusted

What do you do for exercise: Gym, walking

Why do you think you'll be successful this time: I am ready I belive when your really ready you will know it!!! Oh and i need to fit in my wedding dress

What is the biggest obstacle between you and success: McDonalds I am like a crack addict I know it's bad for me but I still want it. But you will be proud to know I am 1 week and 3 days McDonalds free (stupid sausage biscuit)

How will/did you overcome this obstacle: Stay as far away as possible the longer I go with out it the less I want it

What do you like to do for fun: Read, movies, music and talk

What type of music do you like best? I love all music but I believe i was meant to be a country girl!

If you were on a deserted island for a month, by yourself, what 3 (only 3) items (not people) would you want with you? Safe to drink Water, My Janet Evanovich books, and my toy under the bed.
  • Name: Erynn Smith

General location: Hutchinson, Kansas

Birthday: October 10, 1980

Marital status: Married

Children/grandchildren: 2 kiddos - 9 year old girl, 5 year old boy

How long have you been on WW/Flex: 4 days now!!!

How much weight do you hope to lose: 60 lbs

What do you do for exercise: Elliptical mostly, I also add in a 12 minute ab video. I also like to go on walks outside with a friend when it's not too cold.

What foods help you stay OP: Lots of fruits & veggies

Why do you think you'll be successful this time: I have had a lot of things happen lately that showed me how overweight I truly am, maybe before I was just kidding myself, but I didn't really see how bad of shape I am in.

What is the biggest obstacle between you and success: My schedule, I work nights so it's a challenge to figure out how to handle it with my odd sleep.

How will/did you overcome this obstacle: I am trying to plan my meals/snacks a day in advance, I'm also trying to eat a small snack every 3 hours or so.

What do you like to do for fun: I love hanging with my family, gardening, crafting, etc.

What type of music do you like best? Anything but oldies, or jazz.

If you were on a deserted island for a month, by yourself, what 3 (only 3) items (not people) would you want with you? Soft bed, toothbrush & cell phone

Other comments: I'm super excited to have found this site & appreciate all the great info you have all posted over the years. I can't wait to start sharing my accomplishments with you all!!!
  • Name: Lissa

General location: North New Jersey

Birthday: June 29, 1991

Marital status: Single. I've been single for more than 17 years.

Children/grandchildren: Again...single...17 years. I don't date and I most certainly do not have sex outside of marriage. Ask me again after I'm out of college and married.

How long have you been on WW/Flex: I started on Wednesday (first meeting was Tuesday), but I've attempted to follow the plan on my own before.

How much weight do you hope to lose: about 60 lbs from my highest weight which is about 180-181. I was 176 at the weigh-in on Tuesday.

What do you do for exercise: Wii Fit! I usually try to do half an hour of Wii Fit aerobics minimum a day. My friend and I also dance around in the local grocery store ("Jazzercising").

What foods help you stay OP: I'm new to the program, so I'm still learning. One of the things I'm learning right now is how good fat-free Italian dressing tastes, how much I HATE losing points to liquids (especially milk and OIL), and how grapes are the best 1 point sweet treat next to Hostess 100 calorie cupcakes. Yum!

Why do you think you'll be successful this time: My friend is paying for my membership to weight watchers as a Christmas gift. Plus we'll be doing it together so we will both be able to stick to it.

What is the biggest obstacle between you and success: I'm lazy. I hate measuring things out, but with my family sticking to "core" is just not an option. Plus there are other challenges like cravings...or my sister's grand idea to get dinner with our grandparents later this month at MACARONI GRILL! (which is probably the worst place for anybody who is trying to lose weight.)

How will/did you overcome this obstacle: My friend and I are following the plan together, plus the idea of having him pay for meetings and me not following the program seems like a waste. I also have rewards planned out for meeting goals. Ultimately I'm going to get new clothes, but I also want my "senior" portraits taken since I didn't get that done (skipped over my senior year of high school...and I don't care that these pictures won't be taken until my sophomore year of college haha)

What do you like to do for fun: I spend most of my time online, hanging out with my friends, or at church. I'm a writer and an aspiring violinist. I just need to get new strings for my violin so I can learn how to play. I'm not trying to become a professional...just want to be able to play it because it's such a beautiful instrument.

What type of music do you like best? I only really listen to Christian music if I can help it. I love most Christian music, but my favorite artist is Barlow Girl. I'm also a fan of the electric violin...especially paired up with electric guitars, bass, drums, and everything. Yay!

If you were on a deserted island for a month, by yourself, what 3 (only 3) items (not people) would you want with you? I'm pretty good as long as I have my computer and internet access.

Other comments: Um...not sure really...
  • All About Me...
    My name is Grace, I live in the Toronto area. I am a legal assistant at a law firm in downtown Toronto. I just turned 29 on January 14. I am married and have a gorgeous son who is almost 14 months. I just joined weight watchers today. I hope to lose 70 pounds. I don't have a workout regime in tact yet but am looking to buy a machine to be able to workout at home. I am very motivated this time as everyone around me is doing weight watchers and it is a very simple program to follow. This is the beginning of my success story. Let the journey begin.

Good Luck to all
  • Name: Heather

General location:Grand Rapids MI

Birthday:7/20/1980

Marital status: single

Children/grandchildren:

How long have you been on WW/Flex: about 4 months

How much weight do you hope to lose: 111lbs

What do you do for exercise: I joined the YMCA with my sister and I mostly do the bike or the elyptical

What foods help you stay OP: Chicken, fish and 1pt muffins

Why do you think you'll be successful this time: I have the support of my family, but my biggest help is that my sister is doing it with me (we live together)

What is the biggest obstacle between you and success: willpower

How will/did you overcome this obstacle: My sister and I have started to tape notes around the house with little insperational sayings

What do you like to do for fun:I love to read watch tv and spend time with family and friends

What type of music do you like best? I really like all types of music, or at least I will give them all a try

If you were on a deserted island for a month, by yourself, what 3 (only 3) items (not people) would you want with you? my ipod, a good book and a hammock

Other comments: I am trying to do this right this time and I hope that being on this site will help me. I know the power that support can bring and I hope to meet people that can help me and that I can help
  • Name: Carrie

General location: Eastern South Dakota (brrr)

Birthday: January 23

Marital status: Widowed a year

Children/grandchildren: 2 year old daughter Madylyn

How long have you been on WW/Flex: Off and on since 2001

How much weight do you hope to lose: 100 pounds...Really I just don't want to weigh what I weigh now or tomorrow...I want to keep making progress each and every day and eventually I will get there

What do you do for exercise: Walk/ Elliptical Machine/ Wii Fit

What foods help you stay OP: FRUIT!!!

Why do you think you'll be successful this time: I don't want to waste anymore time...turning 30 and still struggling with weight is a slap in the face

What is the biggest obstacle between you and success: afternoon cravings

How will/did you overcome this obstacle: Gum and thinking it through

What do you like to do for fun: travel and scrapbook

What type of music do you like best? Contemporary Christian...Jeremy Camp

If you were on a deserted island for a month, by yourself, what 3 (only 3) items (not people) would you want with you? my laptop; bible; cell phone

Other comments: I know I can do this...thank you all for your support...I know I can do it!
  • Name: Heather

General location: Indiana

Marital status: M

Children/grandchildren: 3 children

How long have you been on WW/Flex: this is day 4!

How much weight do you hope to lose: 94lbs (100 total, I lost six before starting)

What do you do for exercise: usually gym - treadmill or bike or elliptical, then weight machines. sometimes walking in the neighborhood.

What foods help you stay OP: raw veggies, precut and put in little baggies

Why do you think you'll be successful this time: big even coming up in six months and i want to look good... and, my kids are older so i have more time/energy for me

What is the biggest obstacle between you and success: negative self-talk

How will/did you overcome this obstacle: support network (online and IRL), lots of planning ahead, forgiving myself
  • Name: Marianne

General location: Vancouver, BC

Marital status: engaged to be married in October!

Children/grandchildren: none

How long have you been on WW/Flex: Today was the start of week 2.

How much weight do you hope to lose: My GW is 175lbs(ish), which would put me around a 40lb loss.

What do you do for exercise: The gym, walks. Hoping to get some yoga going soon too!

What foods help you stay OP: Fruit! Especially as we head into summer, fruit is my favourite thing. Also, making sure I eat enough protein.

Why do you think you'll be successful this time: I just... feel different this time. Like I'm ready, I'm prepared, I'm being truthful with myself.

What is the biggest obstacle between you and success: Sheer laziness and a very busy lifestyle.

How will/did you overcome this obstacle: Planning, honesty, forgiveness, and the support of my family/friends/3FC!
  • Name: Robyn

General location:Colorado Springs

Birthday:2/1/71

Marital status: Married 5 1/2 wonderful years

Children/grandchildren 2, one daughter and one son

How long have you been on WW/Flex: 6 weeks

How much weight do you hope to lose: 1st goal is 50 lbs, and then from there who knows

What do you do for exercise: walking, I bought a step and a beginner's step dvd (I need motivation!!!)

What foods help you stay OP:I enjoy making healthy fajitas, lots of peppers, and chicken and multi grain tortillas

Why do you think you'll be successful this time:I am taking a more mature approach to food and my health now.

What is the biggest obstacle between you and success:My biggest downfall is excercise.

How will/did you overcome this obstacle:walking alone is the pits, I am trying to find someone to walk with me.

What do you like to do for fun:reading, shopping, gardening

What type of music do you like best?Top 20, hip hop, dance

If you were on a deserted island for a month, by yourself, what 3 (only 3) items (not people) would you want?: water, laptop, cell phone
  • Name: natalie

General location: northern california

Birthday: june 5th (just turned 19!! yeeee)

Marital status: obscenely single

Children/grandchildren: none

How long have you been on WW/Flex: i was on WW from sep. 07-feb 08 and lost about 40 lbs. then lost another 10 on my own. then lost another 10 on the SBD, and gained like 6 of those back. so i'm going back to what i know works haha. i'm starting today but signing up for meetings this week.

How much weight do you hope to lose: roughly 45 pounds.

What do you do for exercise: go to the gym usually. i'm gonna try to go for walks and i'm definitely going to be getting out of the house more this summer (six flags, biking, etc etc) so that'll help.

What foods help you stay OP: sugar free jello (cos every diet needs a little wiggle room), crystal lite, and WW friendly mac n cheese recipes. om nom nom.

Why do you think you'll be successful this time: because i spent the past two years building my confidence from the ground up. i actually have friends now, i actually have a life, i actually believe in myself, i actually have a fantastic support system, and i actually think i'm OK looking for the first time in my life. i'm just a little overweight. i'm so close to being there i can taste it... i'm ready to be thin for the first time in my life. also, i have my eye on a few really awesome boys haha sooo, that's definitely a little motivation.

What is the biggest obstacle between you and success: losing my mojo. i'm a lazy lazy girl and get distracted a lot, and procrastinate A LOT.

How will/did you overcome this obstacle: journaling, and making this a HUGE PRIORITY. instead of constantly thinking "i look fat" i'm going to think "you've lost X pounds so far, don't eff this up natalie". also talking to people about my successes/failures daily instead of just screwing up and mentally kicking myself over it.

What do you like to do for fun: drive around, hang out with friends, baking/cooking, crafting/sewing, reading, learning, watching movies, rotting my brain on the internet, shopping.

What type of music do you like best? classic rock, ska, some rap, and various pop hits from the 50's till now.

If you were on a deserted island for a month, by yourself, what 3 (only 3) items (not people) would you want with you? a laptop, unlimited water, and twinkies.

Other comments: south beach diet totally didn't work for me, i lost motivation when my boyfriend broke up with me and it went aaaaaaaaaaall bad. i'm ready to climb over this hump with your guys' help!
  • Name: Christina

General location: Wisconsin

Birthday: June 1

Marital status: Married for almost five years

Children/grandchildren: One two-year-old son

How long have you been on WW/Flex: I am a WW newbie! I just joined this week.

How much weight do you hope to lose: 30-35 pounds

What do you do for exercise: I have a selection of videos (a lot of Walk Away the Pounds) that I generally use. Also now the weather is nice, we go walking outside. I also recently joined Gold's Gym and will be taking advantage of the equipment and classes there.

What foods help you stay OP: Sugar free Jello puddings, chicken, spinach, mushrooms, broccoli

Why do you think you'll be successful this time: I feel like I have more motivation to get healthy and be a good example to my family. I have a great support system with my friends and my new WW group. I really want it more than I ever had!!

What is the biggest obstacle between you and success: Temptation! At work we have a fantastic cafeteria that offers lots of BAD (but delicious) options and this is part of the reason my weight gain started to get out of control. Also, my husband is a BIG snacker at home and I'm always wanting to join in.

How will/did you overcome this obstacle: Having lots of healthy alternatives available, taking my lunch to work, tracking my points very carefully.

What do you like to do for fun: Cooking, writing, reading, walking (when the weather is nice), watching TV/movies, playing with my son

What type of music do you like best? Christian contemporary

If you were on a deserted island for a month, by yourself, what 3 (only 3) items (not people) would you want with you? Laptop, a huge beach umbrella (or maybe a tent), phone

Other comments: this is my first time on Weight Watchers and I'm excited to be here!
  • Name: Jessica

General location: British Columbia

Birthday: December 8

Marital status: In a relationship

Children/grandchildren: Nope, just a kitten

How long have you been on WW/Flex: 3 months

How much weight do you hope to lose: in total...20-25 lbs

What do you do for exercise: walks, jog/walks, bikeriding, and rollerblading

What foods help you stay OP: yogurt, fruit, carbs of some kind like a bagel for breakfast or a veggie wrap for lunch

Why do you think you'll be successful this time: Because I like the results I am seeing

What is the biggest obstacle between you and success: A skinny boyfriend who can eat whatever he wants and working in a coffee shop amongst lots of good food and pasteries and muffins!!!!!!!!! ahhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

How will/did you overcome this obstacle: try to talk myself out of it

What do you like to do for fun: spend time with my boyfriend and/or our kitten, cooking

What type of music do you like best? country

If you were on a deserted island for a month, by yourself, what 3 (only 3) items (not people) would you want with you? hair conditioner, toothpaste and toothbrush

Other comments:
  • Name: Helene

General location: New Jersey USA

Birthday: Feb 16

Marital status: Single

Children/grandchildren: 1 son

How long have you been on WW/Flex: 2 weeks

How much weight do you hope to lose: 75 to 100 lbs

What do you do for exercise: walking for now.

What foods help you stay OP: yogurt and fruit mostly.

Why do you think you'll be successful this time: Because I see my son starting to make poor choices and I need to be a better role model for him.

What is the biggest obstacle between you and success: My deep dislike of excercise!

How will/did you overcome this obstacle: Try to do it in short intervals instead of a 1/2 hour, do 2 15 minute walks. Maybe on our break time at work.

What do you like to do for fun: spend time with my son, read, watch movies.

What type of music do you like best? rock

If you were on a deserted island for a month, by yourself, what 3 (only 3) items (not people) would you want with you? a tent, a crate-full of books I haven't read yet and a water pitcher with filter.

Other comments:
  • Name: Tammy

General location: Western Mountains in Maine

Birthday: October 30

Marital status: Married 10 years to a wonderful man (we've been together for 29 years though)

Children/grandchildren: 19 year old son

How long have you been on WW/Flex: Just started today

How much weight do you hope to lose: 25 lbs

What do you do for exercise: Walking

What foods help you stay OP: Veggies

Why do you think you'll be successful this time: Because I'm sick and tired of feeling sick and tired and I feel I'm ready to do this this time!

What is the biggest obstacle between you and success: Me and having a tendency to not follow through, but this time I'M GOING TO!!!

How will/did you overcome this obstacle: Stay focused

What do you like to do for fun: Anything with family; ride my Harley

What type of music do you like best? Country

If you were on a deserted island for a month, by yourself, what 3 (only 3) items (not people) would you want with you? My Harley, my dog Hunter and my cell phone (not that I would be able to use it!!!)

Other comments: I'm glad to be a part of this website and hope to get a lot of suggestions from fellow members..
  • Name: Ellen

General location: Westchester County, NY

Occupation: Weight Watchers Leader (see page 56 in this month's magazine)

Birthday: August -- a full blooded Leo.

Marital status: Married -- 2nd time. 16 years.

Children/grandchildren: none. <that I know of !>

How long have you been on WW/Flex: since 1998

How much weight do you hope to lose: I lost and have kept off 63 pounds

What do you do for exercise: walk walk walk -- and the gym once a week.

What foods help you stay OP: Pot cheese (similar to cottage but a dry curd); oatmeal is a staple but not daily breakfast, and fish.)

Why do you think you'll be successful this time: I've kept it off for 10 years. I think I"m pretty good at it now.

What is the biggest obstacle between you and success: Originally, my obstacle was fear -- what if I don't do it? what if <I hate the way I look?>; what if... you know.

How will/did you overcome this obstacle: I took my time and removed the concept of "calendar" from weight loss. This time around (my 4th) was all about, "I'll get there, WHEN I get there."

What do you like to do for fun: I'm an avid reader -- including food labels!; music, and

What type of music do you like best? 60's rock. IT's the soundtrack of my childhood.

If you were on a deserted island for a month, by yourself, what 3 (only 3) items (not people) would you want with you? dental floss; a hammer; SPF100!

Other comments: I just love this site, and commend and congratulate everyone here who's trying so hard to make this work. Good luck everyone, and may you only know the joys associated with being at a good weight. I'm a breast cancer survivor -- and if I can say one thing -- it would be, "If I knew then that obesity/overweight were linked to b.c., I'd never have waited so long to lose the weight."
    Be well, and take care of yourself.