Full Bar???

You're on Page 11 of 24
Go to
  • Quote: Protein will not make you gain weight. Excess calories will make you gain weight.

Although I rarely eat bars (usually when I'm hiking), there are many bars that are made for non body builders. There are weight gainer formulas but your standard bar isn't a weight gainer formula. Those are generally things that are in excess of 300 calories per serving.
    Thank you for this - I totally agree with you. Calories, no matter where they come from, all count towards our body's needs to be successful. I personally balance my meals on including that bar for the day - I rather like them Plus I trick myself by saying, its a candy bar lolz...hey whatever works. So I don't feel deprived, and when I'm done, I feel like I did something good for my body.
  • Quote: Purplesky, you said "save your receipts--I always get the $5 off $25 dollar purchase".
    Please explain to me what that means. (I've never shopped at CVS)

Thanks,

Ruth
    Ruth,

I think this only works if there is a CVS near you--you just get a member card (free), and when you shop there they always give you a long receipt with assorted coupons on it. Usually there is a coupon that states "spend $25, get 5$ off). CVS sells the Full Bars for $1.99, so you can just buy a lot and get the money off.

BTW, I'm giving up all these bars, both South Beach and Full Bar, they don't really seem to fill me up, and what's worse, they trigger a sweet/sugar craving in me.
  • Full bar works
    Full bar does give me a full feeling but I also drink 2 glasses of water with it. 30 minutes later, I'm not as hungry. I got mine at Costco for under $15. a box of 24 bars. Cocoa chip tastes okay not great. I'm going to try Glucomannan to make a comparison. I'll report back.
  • Its true
    It really taste like puffed wheat cereal! It does fill you up. Gotta drink 8 ozs of water. In the last post, FGOOCH says she drinks 2 glasses of water. I think that helps a lot more.
    The first time I tried it though, (i work second shift) I hadn`t had anything to eat since 8:00pm the day before. On my way to work at 1:00 when I brought my first bar (actually 10 bars), I was starving. So don`t wait a long time between meals before you eat a bar.
    Have a wedding July 16th. Gotta lose 40 lbs!!!!!!!!! Husbands` first wife will be there Wish me luck!
  • The recipe that oea has posted has fewer calories ,147, than the actual bar 170. How has it worked for you oea? As far as curbing your hunger? Its on page 10.
  • Giving it a try ...
    O.K. I'm going to give it a try. I've read this entire thread - very interesting to say the least. I, too, like another person wonder sometimes if the positive posts are just another person working for fullbar. However, the positive posts sound sincere enough to be believable. I can also say that there are obviously different lifestyles that fullbar will work for and others that it will not. For those willing to spend the time making their own - great - but I don't want to take that time. For those, as one poster stated, that can just grit their teeth and withstand the hunger - great - I'm not one of those. For those who can spend extra time shopping and supplying their cupboards with lots of alternative "pre-meal" foods and mixes - great - I'm not one of those.

I'm one of those that loves to eat. If I sit down to eat pizza, I won't be one taking much home - I can eat whatever is on our table. If I go out to eat with my family and my daughter and/or wife can't clean their plate: no problem, I can. I have a very busy schedule and don't want to take any more time shopping or cooking - yuk. My hope is that the Full Bar will do what it claims: just fill me up so that I will have two pieces of pizza rather than two pizzas (I'm exaggerating just a tad here - lol).

I've been somewhat disappointed by some of the posters who started off great and then were never to be heard from again. I'll try not to do that. I just ordered the "three-month" supply, 144 bars for $1.22 each. I'll record my weight tomorrow morning and we'll see what happens. Stay tuned ...
  • new here but decided to try and make the full bar recipe. I did one for myself with added chocolate chips and cranberrys and one for my hubby with chocolate chips and nuts. I tried mine and it was pretty good. See if it works. Have a great holiday.
  • Well they sure fill you up. My hubby is picky with food but he is eating his? So all is good so far.
  • Day One
    Well, I got my Full Bars yesterday, May 26th. I ate a cocoa chip bar and a quart of water about 45 minutes before a pizza dinner. I liked the taste of the bar: it was like eating Kellogg's Sugar Smacks cereal with a little chocolate over them - lol. I can't say that I felt full from the bar/water, though. On the good side, I only ate two pieces of pizza where normally I would have eaten six or more. Today, I took plenty to my office and will be eating one before lunch, and another immediately before I go home (that's when we usually eat). I'll keep you posted
  • I'm gonna try it
    Okay, boys and girls... I went from seeing this product advertised on TV to checking it out online to finding it discussed in this forum. After I read what everyone had to say on this thread, I've decided to go for the fullbar. I'm going to try that first and then try duplicating the product through my own recipe. I can tell you that filling up on soup, fruit (fruit by itself just makes me hungrier), FiberOne, protein shakes or anything else hasn't help. There seems to be a ring of truth to the people who say that they tried it, drank at least a glass of water, waited, then ate their meal. I know that a lot of my overeating is emotional and I don't feel secure until I'm satiated. This may help me address that challenge. So, here I go. I'm hoping that the people I believed are not really employees or spokespeople for fullbar... don't want it to turn into foolbar... or fubar... or... well, you get the picture.

I want to thank each and every one of you who took the time to write in. Everybody seemed to be sincere and helpful in their own way... even Dr. Snyder!

Okay, here goes...
  • I prefer foods...
  • I'm trying it!
    I'm pretty good about staving off cravings although after about 2 weeks it gets Really hard. I read all 11 pages after seeing the ad on tv this morning and I decided to go ahead and try it. So I've ordered 24 bars (flavor package) from the website and I'll keep everyone updated as I go along. They really freaking Get You on the shipping! It adds up in the end! Total for 24 bars was about $75!!!!! I can see why everyone is trying to find a cheaper alternative.

I was looking at the posters who said that they tried it and that it worked miracles or whatever and that they're mostly new posters so that makes me skeptical like the other person said about them working for fullbar. I know that's one way to promote and usually the most effective way on forums like this but I'm pretty good at calorie cutting as it is and I'll probably replace breakfast and lunch with the bars and then have a normal - Healthy- dinner. I'm trying to eat more fish now because your body's "full- trigger" is set off a lot faster with fish.

I've lost 5lbs in the past 2 weeks by eating smaller portions, cutting out a lot of extra sodium, drinking lots of water and ... kind of exercising... meaning gym once a week (I'm busy!! ) and boxing with a trainer 1x the first week and none the second. I have a job that keeps me glued to my office chair and I work overtime A LOT so unless I get into good habits now, I'm going to be a mess later on in my life.

I'll keep everyone updated! I also ordered 1 bottle of form pills. A little scary but they seem to be alright. I'll try one and see how it is and let everyone know.
  • Brand new member here.

I'm here because I saw the Fullbar add on tv and looked it up to see what all the hype was..... this is the forum I found in a google search.

I am also trying to lose some weight and my problem is snacking.

I'm a big guy and I try and eat fairly healthy. 330 lbs, 6'3", very solid, but I do have a belly which I would love to lose.

I exercise, cardio and weights about twice a week.

My biggest issue with losing weight is the convenience of food in the vending machines at work, and I eat when I'm bored, I also tend to eat everything in front of me until I'm stuffed.

So for me these Fullbars seem like a very good option. I have been looking to find something that would decrease my appetite so I would eat less, and I'd like to find something to help me curb my snack cravings. From what I've been reading these might do the trick.

I've joined this forum and I will keep you all posted. I'm going to go buy some of these from a local CVS or somewhere.

330 right now, I'd like to get to 275, with my muscle mass and build that would be a very comfortable weight for me. I've only been close to that once in the past ten years and that was by doing the Atkins diet.....too hard to stick to though......

BDH
  • Water is good :)
    Easy for me to stick on the plan of a bar and water before each meal. Unlike many in this thread, I don't get the "full" feeling. However, it might be helping me eat less when I sit down - not sure yet.

I wanted to add a couple things to my posts so far:

1) I'm not always good at drinking plenty of water during the day. So, knowing that I'm supposed to drink 8 oz of water with each FullBar, I, of course, drink a quart with each bar. More is better, right? A quart should fill my stomach more than 8oz, right? lol So, my point is: a side benefit, that honestly is probably worth the price of the FullBars by itself, is getting me to drink a lot more water on a daily basis - a really good thing.

2) I just wanted to add: there may be some out there that read my posts and wonder if I exercise or not - a critical key to good health and weight control in my opinion. Well: I walk back and forth to my office - a 2-mile round-trip every day. Sometimes, I'll walk back to my house at lunch time just for the extra burn. So: yes, I exercise.

The course goes on ...
  • Day 2 of the Full Bar
    I finally made it to my GNC and checked out the product. I was very happy to find that GNC was selling the box of 24 for 24.95. Haven't checked online, but I figure that this is a fairly competitive price without the added shipping. The first day, I used the product before lunch and dinner. Thank goodness I liked the taste and consistency. It really does help to sip water with it. The first day I waited an hour before the meal. It did help... but Ididn't get that full feeling everyone else was talking about. Well, it kicked in today. I had a bar with water, took my dogs for a 30 minute walk, and then was ready for breakfast. This morning, breakfast was a protein and fruit meal replacement... hey, I was getting ready for work! I could barely finish the shake. Then I was good until I was headed home for my break at noon. So I've just had the second bar for the day and I feel stuffed. Now the challenge for me is to not over-do this evening. I have very little willpower when it comes to food for some reason. It's frustrating, but at least I otherwise eat healthy. At least it's all quality stuff! Have a great weekend, ya'll!