Questions about Phase 1 redo

• So I'm back on Phase 1 to try to get myself in control after the summer at home in the States and then Thanksgiving seem to have thrown me completely off-kilter. For anyone who has redone Phase 1 before, I have a few questions.

1. Did you find it easier to do Phase 1 the subsequent time(s)? I feel like my body is saying, "Oh, right, this is *so* much better! I remember this now!!!" I had a headache for a couple hours on Day 2 but since that I've felt outstanding, and I'm so excited!

2. Did you gradually add things back in as you re-started Phase 2 or did you just go by what you knew from the first time you made the transition from Phase 1 to Phase 2?

3. Did you stay on Phase 1 the entire two weeks? I think I will for principle's sake, but I was wondering if it's possible to detox quicker the second time around.

Thanks for any input!

Kara
  • Hi Kara-
    Well I'm just a rookie but the second time around seemed alot easier. I also had a headache and a case of the grouchies, but that may have just been a dumb people at work thing, on day 2. I was wondering the same thing about the two weeks but then yesterday I couldn't shake the feeling that I wanted a milkshake (I didn't cave) so 2 weeks it is. My plan is to add back slowly like the first time.
  • Thanks, Dawn!

Kara
  • Kara I had to redo phase 1 about a month ago and it was easier almost as if my body loved that feeling. I did the whole two weeks and went slowly back into phase 2. Good luck!
  • I dont usually do the full 2 weeks, 3 days minimum is all that is necessary if it has been a short deviation. I run too much to stay on phase 1.

The recommendation is that you stay on it long enough to lose any weight you regained 3 days min, 2 weeks max.
  • Hey, Kara!

You're doing the right thing.

I've redone P1 several times, usually after a planned week of cheating abroad. Even though I haven't regretted my gastronomic adventures, I'm usually dying for P1 by the time I get home. I just want to feel healthy and normal again! I usually do a week, but my willpower gives out around Saturday. My cravings are gone by Thursday morning, but I think the extra days help me to pay attention to what I'm eating and feeling and get me back on track.

I always go back to what I was eating on Phase 2 unless it was something I ate during P2 that triggered the cravings. Usually I just "go back to normal."

Hope that helps! for your journey!
  • I too restarted ph2 after a summer of fast food and sugar and an added 16 lbs. This friday will be two weeks for me on PH 1. I did remember alot of do's and don't s. That doesn't mean that I did not cheat. I had a couple of moments. I also ate fruit, maybe 5 corn chips and a sweet. I also eat low-carb wraps. Last night and tonight I had brown rice.

Even with the 'mess ups' I am eating alot more healthy foods and by energy level is up. I do feel lots better than before. I'll wiegh in after friday and see if the 'mess ups' hindered me much. If they did I'll just continue on for awhile longer.
  • Ennay, do you find you have a problem having enough energy to run while you're on Phase 1? I did a six mile run on Monday and another today and I really had to push through today. Now, four hours later, I'm totally drained. Have you had the same experience?

Kara