The Worldly Chicks Are Demented in December

You're on Page 17 of 21
Go to
  • Happy
    welcome home

Ruth
    Take care of yourself. Snuggle with Hershey tonight.

Mel
    I had heard that the BL had a marathon today. Haven't really had a chance to watch much tv. Like your goals for January.

Hello to every one else.

Was called into work this morning. I was barely awake when the phone rang at 6.40 a.m. this morning. My co worker had some very sad news, his 13 year old granddaughter was killed in a traffic accident. I'll work tomorrow also but will have Saturday and Sunday off.

It's cold here today. There's no prediction of snow but it certainlylooks like it could.
  • Cee
    Hello, hope you are doing well. Such very sad news about the persons granddaughter. Will pray for the strength that is needed to get thru times like this for everyone. I try not to think about what could happen when my children aren't safe at home. Would drive me crazy if I did.

Ok, I have put this in secret code so CARLA can't read it lol. We got me a brand new scale since the other one he bought didn't have BMI on it. Going to give the other one to his mother. Anyway, I weighed right before I went to the docs office this evening and it read 159.2 ( like I am going to worry about .2, heck that could be the clothes I have on or how I stood on the thing ), while we were at the docs office I did a weight in 159. Pretty darn happy to know the scale is on, now I don't have to worry about going out in the cold to do a weigh in every couple of weeks. Will also be nice to have since the Biggest loser challenge is starting up again on the 13th I think and we are suppose to do a weigh in every week

Now CARLA means we must be sisters lol. I have always said the weight never really leaves my house, someone always seems to get it when I lose it lol. I made sure I wore a shirt and pair of pants that really showed off how great I am doing on the weight loss front. Hubby was mad and talked about his insensitive family all the way home. That made up for them not noticing lol.
  • Reenie
    Congratulations on the pounds lost. I've decided to stick with Bob Greene and notdo the bl. This is the only thing that I have stuck with for more than two days.
  • Cee
    Doesn't seem like you are doing bad. I really don't have that much I stick to lol. Might be one of the reasons I am loseing so slowly. But, that is ok I also don't feel bad when I don't stick to a plan or stick to a this or that lol. Everything I do is very general. I tend to do more and eat less than I allow myself which makes up for the 3,000 calorie days lol.
  • What? You mean we shouldn't be eating 3000 calories every day??? Who knew?? lol
  • Carla
    I remember looking at the weight formula I found here on the site. I was pretty surprised ( because I didn't believe something like that could work ) when I filled out the formula it was saying I should eat just about exactly what I eat ( the lower end ). I was also happy to find one of the reasons ( has nothing to do with mountain dew and green olives lol ) I am only losing 1lb a week is because I would have to eat under 700 calories a day to lose 2lbs a week. Think I will stick with the 1lb loss a week. I like food to much to go for the 2lb loss a week lol.
  • Rennie, 1 pound a week isn't slow in my books - it's actually considered about ideal, especially for anyone with a lot to lose. And I do in fact know how to get the weight off: no more wine or sweets or excess carbs. As simple as that. In the past, even when I've binged on grapes or cherries or veg or meat, the weight would still come off. Add in wine and crackers and chocolate and I ballooned back up. Time to go buy a big bag of fruit to nibble on whenever I have the urge to overeat.

Well, Mel, I skipped spinning tonight. Something tells me I'll be rebounding frantically at midnight... But so far there has been no wine or sweets, so I guess did do something for myself today!
  • Carla
    Think I am glad I don't drink lol. I would have to give up food to fit in the alcohol and not sure I would be able to do that lol. 39lbs left to lose. WOW that sounds so much better than 78lbs to lose lol.
  • Hey chicks,

This will be "fun" trying to catch up... won't be able to say much because after all I am getting old and I probably am on the "down side" of years left. At least I hope so. Don't plan on living to 100

Carla - each time we fall it's harder to climb up on the wagon. So yay for you for starting with the clean eating today. And thanks for holding back the bad weather when I was up north. I got just a taste when there were 50 mile per hour plus wind gusts and temps in the teens. Brrrrr. I know you guys did that just so I'd have a true "Canadian experience". Shiver me timbers, you lot are WAYYYYYYYYYY more hearty than the weather wimp I have become and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Glad you survived the evil SM over Christmas, you are a good woman. And to your remark about my mom's perfect solution is to have ME move back - in the apartment upstairs no doubt - had me in stitches! You are SO right on!!!

Congrats on hitting your Christmas goal Rennie. Enjoy those slippers. I got lots of sleep socks this year as gifts. I find those things are great while sitting on the couch watching a movie but too warm otherwise. One of the girls at work bought her son a pair of lion's head slippers. The things are so pretty you could almost mount them on the wall as decorations Not sure you could say the same for Taz - he would be insulted to be called pretty

Ceejay - funny you should mention the cold. I guess the temperature dropped today from this morning. People came in at lunch and were COMPLAINING about how cold it was. Damp, yes, chilly, well yes. But COLD? It was quite foggy this morning. I am amazed that people don't have the common sense to turn their car lights on in the fog. By now I would have thought most cars have daytime running lights anyway. I hope you can stick with the Bob Greene thing. I always thought he was the most sensible of all. Sorry all you fans but I think Biggest Loser is a big gimmick. I was very disappointed to hear how the contestants dehydrate themselves and use "tricks". Perhaps good for a one season contest but not good for true, long lasting weight loss. You just do what you can stick with. Perhaps we can do something here to support one another and keep each other in check. BTW, I beeped the horn and waved somewhere around noon when we drove through your town. I always think of you when I see the signs.

Mel - I'm so PROUD you got those pedals out again!!!! I'm holding you accountable to set a good example for your younger "sis" this January by keeping us both on track and away from temptations. It's for both of our own good And I'm all for the Chicks of the World Jabbering in January. Although if we are all serious about getting back on track again - perhaps we should dedicate each month to one good habit - Like January is healthy eating, February is Exercise, March is Drink Up that Water and so on and so forth. Sometimes it helps when we're reminded of our goals. We also seem to have lost many of our "worldly chicks". Except for Shad who's holding the title of "worldly chick" together, we have wittled down to the North American lassies. And although we got a lot of good milage out of Igor - dare we spend an entire month on Jose whomever he might be?

Diyana - I'm glad you made it back here. Ouch sorry to hear about the back pain. Hope you get some fast relief! And that you didn't get 5 more inches of snow. Where are you in Wisconsin? I lived in Chicago up until 3 years ago. My sister in law is still in Milwaukee and my cousin just moved up to the northern stretches about an hour and a half north of Hayward.

Shad - sorry to hear about one of the DS' sort of pulling away from the family traditions. Now is about the time they realize what they missed and come back again. Perhaps he's a late bloomer I did get properly squeemish when reading about the sledgehammer accident Hope he will heal up ok. I can't even fathom the idea of Christmas at over 100 degrees! You in a sarong and blinking green and red earrings Did you at least get a bit of rest and relaxing in? I know you're not the type for retail therapy.

Nice to hear that you had a nice Christmas this year Holly. Good going on Gram for being 98. That is amazing!

Aha Madcat - you mentioned the fog. So THAT'S where it came from That's great that you got to hang with the boy and have some "daylight time" with him - wow you HAVE been working too hard! Hope you had a merry Christmas too!

Ruth - hope you enjoyed the company and a break from it all too. Sometimes it's nice to just hang at the front door and listen to the snow fall at night.

Good heavens Rennie - I never realized Leslie put out quite that many exercise videos. Guess there is more than one way to walk away the pounds. Which are better than others?

Hi Patty - hope you had a nice Christmas with the family.

Thanks for the card Meadow - wish you'd pop in more often. We miss you.

Peace and blessings to you too Nae.

I guess this pretty much catches me up. Apologies if I forgot anyone/anything.

Kinda sleepy now anyway. I think it's time for bed. Nighty night... sweet dreams.
  • happy
    Nice to have you back, I missed you.

I am going to dig a hole and put those Taz slippers in it if he walks up behind me, puts his arms around me, nuzles my neck and then whispers very low and sexy into my ear " Dear, I will let you wear my slipper if you want " one more time lol.

Since my lungs still won't let me do over a 2 mile vidoe not sure if I am the best to judge which are the best. I happen to like Walking away the lbs 1 mile, Leslie Sansone Miracle Mile Walk, Walk Away The Pounds For The Abs, Walk Away The Pounds Heart Healthy Walking, Leslie Sansone Walk Away Your Waistline and my favorite Getting fit with faith.
  • Good morning chicks,

Woke up this morning to thunderboomers. First thought was... what day is it? Looked over and the alarm clock was set so I knew it was a work day Was also hoping to see something like 3:36 on the clock because those pillows and blankets sure were comfy and I didn't want to leave them but it was 6:13, 2 minutes before the alarm would have gone off. So out of bed I go. Must be a sleepy day. DH is still sawing wood. Cat is all curled up too. Even Mr. Feral cat has decided that the cat bed we set up for him on the porch is way more comfortable than sleeping in the rain puddles. But hey, someone has to get up and make the coffee, don't they?

I told myself my usual Friday motivation - tomorrow I can sleep in so get up lazy bones

Rennie - I have the original set of Leslie's WATP - 1, 2 and I think 4 miles. Have some other one that is a speed walk I think but I never opened it. Got one that you use some weighted balls with (ok Mel, calm yourself down I can just HEAR the comments ) Anyway I was just wondering if the various videos were much different from one another. I liked the original set, it's a good kick start.

Ok, time to jump in the shower although I don't know why. The way it's raining out my hair will be hanging and I'll probably get a little wet running back and forth from the car.

Stay warm and dry and have a good one chicks...
  • RENNIE~ GETTING FIT WITH FAITH? I LAUGH EVERYTIME I SEE THESE COMPANIES DRAG GOD INTO EVERYTHING. VERY CONVENIENT FOR BOOSTING SALES USING A RELIGIOUS BENT

CARLA~ I CAN'T FIND THE POST WITH YOUR JANUARY TITLE...I'LL HAVE TO GO AN LOOK. I WAS LAUGHING LAST NIGHT WHEN I GOT IN BED AND THEN LAUGHED EVEN HARDER WHEN I COULDN'T REMEMBER WHAT YOU SAID!!!
    HOPE THE REBOUNDING GOT DONE!!! GOOD FOR YOU WITH THE EATING AND NON-DRINKING!!!

HAPPY~ I SEEMS LIKE THE END OF THE YEAR I ALWAYS LET THINGS SLIDE. LIKE A VACATION! YEP LIL SIS GET READY FOR JANUARY. MAYBE WE SHOULD MAKE WATCHING THE BIGGEST LOSER HOMEWORK. IT'S GOOD FOR MOTIVATION BUT DOESN'T REALLY GIVE ANY ADVICE ON DIET ETC. BUT THEN WE ALL KNOW WHAT WE NEED TO DO! I LIKE THAT IDEA OF SOMETHING TO DO EACH MONTH. IN OUR BUSY LIVES WE COULD MAKE SOME THINGS A HABIT IF WE TACKLE THEM ONE AT A TIME.
    ALTHOUGH I AM RETIRING A BIT MORE THIS YEAR TOO.
    BUT DON'T TELL SHAD CAUSE SHE'LL GO HYSTERICAL LAUGHING AND NOT GET HER PROJECT FINISHED ON TIME

CEEJAY~ I REALLY LIKE TO RE-READ PARTS OF BOB GREENE'S BOOK. HE IS VERY MOTIVATIONAL. AND HE SEEMS TO BE A GENTLE SOUL. I TOO AM FOR WHATEVER WORKS!

CHANGE IN PLANS TODDAY....THE BUS IS NOT GOING TO THE STORE I WANT UNTIL WEDNESDAY NEXT WEEK. SO I'LL JUST GET THE NECESSITIES DOWN THE STREET. I MISUNDERSTOOD THE CONVERSATION ON THE 2-WAY RADIO. SIGH
    I CAN FEEL THE SORENESS OF PEDALS & STRETCHING. I LOST TRACK OF TIME WATCHING THOSE GUNG HO PEOPLE ON THE SHOW. FELT LIKE I HAD MY OWN TRAINER EVERY TIME HE SPOKE!!
    THE KITCHEN IS CLEAN AND LOOKS BEREFT WITHOUT ALL IT'S HOLIDAY FARE SCATTERED AROUND. THE SENIORS ARE HAPPY WITH THE "DONATIONS". THOSE THAT GO DOWN GET A SNACK NOW WHEN THEY GET THEIR COFFEE IN THE MORNING. THE SUN IS SHINING AND THE TEMPS ARE MILDISH....CAN'T ASK FOR MORE. THE MEN ARE GOING HAMMER AND TONGS BUILDING THE FOUNDATION FOR THE NEW BUILDING BEHIND ME. THEY WERE HAVING DRAINAGE PROBLEMS AND IT HALTED EVERYTHING. SOME KIND OF WATER LINE WAS HIDDEN IN THEIR PROPERTY. NOW THEY SOLVED THE PROBLEM THE NOISE BEGINS!! WISH IT WAS SUMMER WITH THE A/C ON TO COVER IT ALL!!
    I AM JUST RAMBLING TODAY SO I BETTER GET GOING.
    HAPPY FRIDAY!!
  • WEIGHTED BALLS HAPPY? NEVER HEARD OF THEM BUT I HAVE WAITED FOR A FEW BALLS IN MY NOT SO MORAL LIFETIME!!
    GOOD MORNING WHEN I JUST POSTED THERE WAS YOUR HAPPY NEW YEAR AVATAR!!! MADE ME LAUGH OUT LOUD!!! HAPPY FRIDAY LAZYBONES!! YES YOU MAY SLEEP IN TOMORROW
  • Happy New Year Everyone, Where are our friends from over the Atlantic I do hope they are all well.... we miss hearing from you! My trip to Boise to be with Chad and Brittany was great. I met little Rylee Mae and we had a great time. So nice when you see your sons going up and being responsible...yeah! I had a surprise visit when I got home yesterday from Mom and Andy.... they are traveling south to AZ and I didnt expect them. They won't be home til April so it was a treat...... don't think MOm slept too well so they aren't up yet. I am headed up to Montana for the weekend. Lots of people to see and more miles to put on my car........
    Hope everyone is well and have a terrific new year. We will reach new goals all together next year or at least encourage one another...
    Blessings and Health to all ....
    Love,
    Nae
  • Things are crazy with company canceling and then re-booking. I will be delighted to see sunset on January 5th when I can take down the whole decor thing. This house is just dripping with Christmas!

I'll try to pop in when I can. We will be getting the usual post-Christmas influx of newbies (plus Spammers) so will be busy!

Hugs and be well.