The Worldly Chicks Are Demented in December

You're on Page 16 of 21
Go to
  • Rennie,
    He was in hospital until 2 hours before the plane was due to leave. The op was supposed to be the day before, then the night before, then finally got done lunch time on Christmas Eve. He never told anyone until we noticed the finger. What a dope!!! At one time on Christmas night he said - my finger hurts!!! and you can't kiss it to make it better. That is the only time I heard him whinging about the pain. What a hero - just like your significant other half.

Just spoke to Carla on the phone. Terrible line, sounded like Canada was under water - but we'll do it again when I get back from WA and can yak on my home phone. Great to hear from you Carla
  • Shad
    I DID NOT call mine a hero. I called him wolfbain breath and yelled a lot lol.
  • WHILE RENNIE IS YELLING AT WOLFBAIN BREATH TO TAKE OFF THE TAZ SLIPPERS(MOST UNFAIR OF RENNIE TOO)....I WILL SAY HELLO TO MY SOUTHERN MOST SISTER SHADDIE
    SHAD I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE DS!!! HE IS UNBELIEVABLE WITH THESE ACCIDENTS. I AM BEGINNING TO THINK HE IS LIKE A RUBBER BALL....FOREVER BOUNCING OFF THINGS AND HAVING THINGS BOUNCE OF HIM AS WELL SURE HOPE THE FINGER HEALS. I HAD A SMASHED ONE AND CAN TELL FROM EXPERIENCE THAT FINGERS AND TOES ARE PAINFUL!! OUCH POOR GUY AND ON CHRISTMAS TOO!! FUNNY YOU SHOULD TALK ABOUT THE
    DS1...I THINK RICHIE WOULD LIKE JEN TO GROW AWAY FROM THE "FAMILY" AND SHE HAS SHOWN NO SIGNS OF IT AT ALL. BUT THEN HE IS NOT "RESPONSIBLE" ENOUGH FOR JEN TO LEAN TOWARDS EITHER.
    GLAD THE HOLIDAY WENT WELL AND I DON'T WANT TO SHOP ANY MORE EITHER!! I HAVE HAD IT WITH CROWDS AND SCREAMING CHILDREN. GLAD YOU HOOKED UP WITH CARLA IN THE FROZEN NORTH. JUST CANNOT FIND THE ODD NUMBERS HERE. EVERYTHING MUST HAVE GONE INTO THE SHREDDER EXCEPT MY PHONE BOOK THANK GOD!!! I COULD ALMOST FEEL THE HEAT YOU'RE SENDING THIS WAY... I AM LAUGHING CAUSE WE'RE IN THE 30'S AND 40'S ALSO BUT A VERY DIFFERENT SET OF NUMBERS THAN YOURS
    I BETTER GET OFF HERE...I AM BEGINNING TO WRITE A LETTER INSTEAD OF A POST!!! TTFN

NOTHING NEW SINCE LAST NIGHT. HOPING THE CHICKS ARE ALL WELL AND ACCOUNTED FOR. I WAS LAUGHING WITH A FRIEND ON THE PHOJNE. SHE IS "DIETING" ALSO. WE ARE BEGINNING TO THINK WEIGHT WILL ALWAYS BE A PROBLEM WITH US TWO BECAUSE WE ARE PROBLEM EATERS LOVING THAT PASTA!
    HAPPY THURSDAY!!!
  • Good morning. I'm feeling pretty tired lately and not too chatty. Too much company, I think. I hate to admit it but I'm glad my tonight visitors canceled - I'm sorry they have flu but still need a break. I may not even answer the phone today.

Have a lovely third day of Christmas. I hope those damned calling birds keep quiet!
  • Good morning chicks,

I am back again (I know --- darn!)

Had to go back about 5 pages trying to catch up with y'all. Everyone sounds festive - well maybe except for Mel's flaming eyes and Shad's DS' finger. Glad everyone had a good Christmas.

We had the most horrid fog driving up - the stuff where you expect monsters to pop out of the side of the road Drive back was much better - we left at 3:30am to avoid the traffic in the city. The drive is still boring anyway.

Everyone said it didn't feel much like Christmas this year. Not sure exactly why but it didn't. It turned bugger cold Christmas eve. The car doors almost froze shut. Got some very, very light snow. I did have a wonderful visit with my mom tho. Talked to her yesterday to let her know we got home ok and she said she missed us already. The house is way too quiet and she finally admitted she gets lonely. I do wish she'd give up the house and come live with us. The house is in need of repairs and it's just not worth chunking alot of money into it at this point. Anyway... I have to get to work so it's off vacation road and back on the hamster wheel of life.

Hope I can get back tonight to catch up with you guys. Glad to hear you are all doing well...
  • I hear ya', Happy! I had to go back about 5 or 6 pages to catch up with everyone!

Glad to hear everyone had a great Christmas! Mine was very nice. Christmas eve was just me, DH and the dogs. And Christmas Day was spent with DH's aunt, uncle and cousins. It was a very nice time! I've been spending my holiday time off getting stuff done around the house and have to get back to de-cluttering/de-junking the upstairs office.

This afternoon, I will get my steroid shot in my back, which should make it feel much better. Now DH's back is hurting worse than his very painful knee....from moving computers and monitors at his work....and from shoveling. We're supposed to get 5" of snow tomorrow - the wet, heavy stuff. Yuck! I really hope we don't get that much. DH can hardly move. Hopefully, he'll get better soon.

Well, I'd better get back to the de-cluttering. I'll check in again later today or tomorrow.
  • Jeeze no support at all lol.

Happy
    Nice to see you are back with us. Parents can be hard to deal with. They want to stay put which can be a good thing but we want them near to keep an eye on them too.
  • WHY AM I BACK SO SOON YOU ASK????
    BECAUSE OUR HAPPY HAS RETURNED ALSO TODAY!
    WELCOME BACK MISS HAPPY AND GLAD THE VACA WENT WELL. WE HAD SPOOKY FOG HERE TOO. ONE DAY WAS 57 DEGREES AND WITH IT CAME FOG OF THE OUTER LIMITS VARIETY AND A BUNCH OF STRANGE LITTLE GREEN MEN!!

WISH MOM WOULD GO BY YOU ALSO. TELL HER IF SHE DOESN'T HURRY THEN I WILL MOVE IN!! THREATS USUALLY WORK

RENNIE YOU POOR THING OF COURSE HUBBY SHOULD TAKE OFF THOSE NASTY WARM AND FUZZY COMFORTABLE MOOD ELEVATING SLIPPERS OF HIS!! WE SUPPORT YOU...OF COURSE WE DO........

DIYANA~ HOPE YOU AND HUBBY FEEL BETTER SOON. GOOD LUCK WITH THE SHOT. WISHING A PAIN FREE NEW YEAR!!!
  • Will We Be Justly Jubilant In January?
    Juxtaposed?

Will We Be Jabbering?
    Jailed?

Eating Jam And Jiff?

Not Jinxed I Hope!!

Jibberish?
    Dancing The Jig?

Drinking Jin(new Spelling Ala 3fc)

Looking For Jose' ?

Joking?
    Jogging?

Wearing Jodphurs?

Will We Jingle?

Be In Juneau?
    Or In Japan With Shad's Friend Chris?

Put Your Thinking Caps On!!
  • Mel, I expect some of us will be our usual jaded selves in January. Will probably still be jinormous and look like jiggly jelly, but would prefer to be jubilantly jogging through January.
    And by the way, thanks for the exchange of emails this week - I really needed to rant to someone who understands firsthand about WSM's... We'll talk soon.

January 1 will be the big weigh-in, and I mean big . No ticker change until then, but it won't be pretty. I think Rennie has actually found a way of having the weight she's lost applied to my poor old bod at night while I sleep. (It can't possibly have anything to do with the constant munching and slurping and couch-sitting...)

By the way, Rennie, how did the people who hadn't seen you since you started losing weight react? Did their jaws drop all the way to the floor? If not, you can bet they noticed but were too jealous to admit it!

A strange chat with Shad last night. (No, Shad wasn't strange, at least not stranger than usual ) We had one of those annoying echoing satellite lines where you miss half of what's said and can barely decipher the rest. But it was nice to catch up a bit, especially since in her case it was on company time. Don't forget to deduct those 12 minutes from your next invoice!! Not.

Good news that Happy has made it back safe and sound from her trip home. I do understand (though not from personal experience ) that you'd like to have your mom with you. But even old people who have few local friends still alive seem to do much better as long as they can stay in their own homes and close to familiar places. I'm pretty sure her idea of the perfect solution would be for you to move back home.

Holly, it's hard to believe your gran is 98. She looks better than my SM at 84! It must be her incredibly flattering haircut...

Today is a much better day. All the stinky clothes either buried deep in the laundry basket or Febrezed half to death, me scrubbed squeaky clean, no need to go anywhere or see anyone. Bliss! Will I go to a spin class tonight or play hookey? We'll see how the spirit moves me. It's snowing out there again, but I have brand new snow tires on, so I don't care. The new budget and diet don't start until the first, so life is good...
  • S**t. I just turned on the TV news - I hadn't yet heard that Be****r Bhutto had been assassinated. She was a brave woman to go back home after 8 years away. And now, more upheaval in an already unstable country. So not such a good day after all.
  • Carla
    It is hard to understand some of the things people do in this world. Be****r Bhutto will be remembered as a great woman. No one said a word. Not one word. I have to admit I was a bit disappointed. They did keep trying to feed me lol. Oh ya blame me, has nothing to do with those ho ho's lol.

Melody
    You don't sound sincere lol.
  • I COULD NOT BELIEVE WHAT I JUST HEARD ON THE CABLE NEWS EITHER. WHAT A TRERRIBLE AND SENSELESS WASTE OF A HUMAN LIFE. SUCH A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN BOTH INSIDE AND OUT. MY ONLY HOPE IS THAT THE MEN WHO HAVE JUST MADE A LOT OF STATEMENTS ON THE TV AND IN TELEGRAMS, MEAN WHAT THEY SAY AND CONTINUE TO FIGHT HER WAR!!

I DID COME HERE FOR ANOTHER REASON THOUGH.
    I AM WATCHING THE BIGGEST LOSER MARATHON AND HEARD THEM SING THEIR TITLE SONG THAT ASKS:
    "What have you done today that makes you feel proud."
    I AM GOING TO USE THIS FOR THE NEW YEAR. IT MADE ME THINK OF ALL KINDS OF THINGS I SHOULD BE DOING FOR MYSELF AND MY HEALTH.
    SO I JUST WANTED TO SHARE THIS
  • Da***t Rennie, would you please stop losing weight!!!! I just felt a big lump of fat attach to what I laughingly call my waistline. Then I come on here and see you've lost another pound, which is proof enough for me that you're the saboteur jinxing me.
    Is it possible the people who 'didn't notice' your weight loss are several years overdue for new glasses and/or cataract surgery??? Or that you were wearing baggy clothes that hid the new you? If not, they were just a bunch of green-eyed scrooges. A thirty pound weight loss always shows.

Mel, a good idea to try applying that theme to our lives. I guess I may have to go to that blankety-blank spin class after all... unless maybe I re-install and actually use the rebounder instead? Yah, right. Actually, I'm proud of myself for posting, and for trying to maintain a more positive attitude. So forget the jinxed and jaded in January idea. How about we add 'Joyously' to your 'Jubilant' instead? Or 'Worldly Chicks EnJoying Hijinks in January'?

Ruth, I hope you and Hershey have a good long rest after such a busy stretch of activities and visitors. You need to build up your strength for your upcoming surgery! Take care of yourself, and consider yourself hugged.

And to those I've neglected, Ceejay, 1day, Roseblush, Painter, Meadow, Madcat:
  • CARLA SOMEHOW I DID NOT SEE YOUR FIRST LONGER POST?? WHAT AM I GOING BLIND?? DON'T ANSWER THAT!!!! ROFLMAO SOMETIMES IT IS GREAT TO TALK TO SOMEONE WHO HAS BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT EVEN WHEN IT'S NOT THE WSM!! I KNOW YOU UNDERSTAND ME EVEN IF YOU HAVE NOT SAT WHERE I AM SITTING NOW! GLAD TOO THAT YOU ARE HOME....I COULD SMELL YOUR CLOTHES FROM HERE!! GOOD THAT YOU ARE SQUEAKY CLEAN NOW!!
    I AM PROUD OF YOU POSTING ALSO. WE'RE BOTH OFF TO A GOOD START!

AND BTW...I AM WITH YOU ON JANUARY 1ST.
    1-GOING TO DO THE WEIGH-IN THING TOO (mainly because my "maintaining" plan fell apart recently)
    2-FIND ONE REASON EVERY DAY THAT MADE ME FEEL PROUD
    3-GET THIS HEALTHY EATING DOWN PAT IF IT KILLS ME
    4- I HAVE OTHER PERSONAL GOASL LIKE MY MEDS, THE COFFEE THING, SKIN DIET ETC THAT NEED TO BE FOLLOWED ALSO

IT'S NOT THAT I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO OR NEED ANY ADVICE. I AM FULLY AWARE OF WHAT MY BODY REQUIRES AND WHAT IS POISON. YET I PLAY THE GAME OF RUSSIAN ROULETTE. PASSIVE SUICIDE SO TO SPEAK. THIS YEAR I INTEND TO GET IT RIGHT AND THOSE DAMN DUCKS IN A ROW. I WILL BE GOING TO THE SUPERMARKET TOMORROW...WILLY CONFIRMED MY PICK-UP TIME
    SO I'LL BE GOOD TO GO. I EVEN DUSTED OFF THE PEDALS AND USED THEM TODAY

SO LET'S GO CARLA....EITHER SPIN OR REBOUND!!