Coffee can make you fat????

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Interesting info about making teeth whiter
    What is it in the green tea that does that??? I'm curious.

thanks
  • coffee vs tea
    I don't know if I could give up my coffee, but maybe I could cut back. If anyone switches from coffee to tea and sees a weight loss that they can't attribute to anything else, I'd sure like to know about it. It would give me just the incentive I need to turn off the all day coffee pot I have going at work.
  • Interesting discussion about coffee vs. tea - I think all the studies support the healthful effects of green tea - particuarly with respect to fighting cancers, etc. I think one of the earlier posts referred to what goes IN the coffee - I think that's one point ... also the connection between coffee and food ... bottom line is I think everything in moderation ...

I have a girlfriend who is so addicted to Tim Horton's coffee she actually gives it up for Lent!! She ALWAYS loses at least 5 lbs over the 40 days - but on the other hand, she takes it double double!

I'm really interested to hear that green tea has an effect on your teeth - another incentive to try it - whiter teeth! One of my tricks when I am on track is to only drink GOOD coffee - no more coffee shops, Tim Horton's or whatever but I either bring some really good coffee and use a bodum at work or an espresso maker at home - find that way I enjoy my coffee but because of the time involved in brewing it - really cut down!
  • White teeth from?
    You're not getting the white teeth from drinking green tea, you're getting the whiter teeth from NOT drinking coffee which stains teeth (as does regular tea... the tannins in the tea, and the coffee stain actually stain the teeth. Tannic acid is used in leather production, also.)

So the whiter teeth is not from any substance in the green tea, but from the absense of the staining stuff in coffee and regular black teas (or orange pekoe, or earl grey, or whatever regular teas) you were drinking.

E