Wednesday Warblings

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • SCHATZI! What's hopping in your neck of the woods? I haven't seen you in forever (but I've been missing for a bit myself).

Barbara, I'm glad you had a nice time at the gym. Exercise and cleaning are the only two ways I know to instantly calm myself down. Must be something about those endorphins...

Ruth, have a great trip!

Laurie, I hope you get permission to share that pumpkin dessert. I'm curious now!

Have a fun dinner, Gonnabe!

I'm sorry you're hung up at work, Stephanie. I love checking things off The List and it irks me to no end when something doesn't finish up when I expected it to! Hope it gets pushed through soon for you!

Linda, good luck with your holiday cooking and cleaning! Our commissary has been packed the last couple days, too!

LC, you have the best stock of cartoons I have ever seen! Thanks for sharing!

Cat, have fun cooking today!

Thinagain, way to kick that pound in the butt!

Thinby, have a great day walking all over the airport! It'll be fun to people-watch on such a busy travel day!

Hi to everyone else!

I just checked everything off my list for today and now I am going to attack the bathroom and kitchen/living area floor. It's past midnight, but I'll sleep better not thinking about how I have to get up in the morning and get it done. Tomorrow's just a bunch of prep plus doing the stuffing (nothing like waking up Thanksgiving morning to sauteeing onions and mushrooms!).

Have a great day!

Kara
  • Just a quick pop in to say Good Morning. I've got to leave in an hour and go to get hair done. DD and family will be here when I return. Going to pick roasted chickens to have for dinner so I don't have to cook anything and throw a salad with it.

LC - I love the little cartoon. How many times I would have liked to shoot my scales.

I don't remember right now who said they were addicted to the scales, but I am right there with you. If I don't weigh, I know I am cheating and probably gaining.

Ruth - You have fun on your trip. We will miss you and look forward to when you can pop in.

Y'all have a great day and don't work too hard today getting ready for tomorrow.
  • SCHNATZOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As I was reading each post, seeing coffee references, I just thought to myself "I miss Schatzi and her cawfee!" Nice to hear from you!!!!

Boy what a day so far. For a minute, I thought we were under attack. Apparently "rain showers" means "thunderstorms." I was on the phone with Wiggles and went "is it thundering????" My dishwasher is going but I could swear I heard more than that. I'm praying that the snow showers hold off. I have to go buy a scraper for my car, as I left mine behind in the move. (Didn't drive ol' Rust Bucket last winter so I didn't have one with her.)

Got a call from a coworker today saying "You know that meeting that was next Thursday? It's next Friday now." The new boss neglected to tell the 3 SD's in Springfield about that change even though he's known about it since last week, so now we have to rearrange our schedules to try to cover Friday (a busy day) instead of Thursday (a not so busy day.) Also, Ryan cancelled his appointment with the spine surgeon for Thursday because we thought we were going to be in St. Louis for the meeting. That poor kid. He has a bulging disc at 21 and do you know how hard it is to get into a spine surgeon?

Grrrrrr. Not a good time of the month to honk me off. I've kept from emailing the new boss so far. I'm afraid it would go something like this: "You moron!!!! Why don't you get up off your fat and do your job???" Probably best not to talk to him today.

My boobs hurt, I'm a bloated whale, I have a zit on the end of my nose that would make Rudolph jealous, and I am VERY impatient with incompetant people today. Thank God my TOM (Sorry Tom) comes tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be back to normal by Saturday.

Ahhhh. That feels better. Amazing how a little rant helps. I just finished my WW english muffin with peanut butter and my mug of green tea. Probably should start getting ready. I have to go to the bank, go to the store to get stuff for tomorrow night, and ummmm..... something else. OH. Buy a scraper for my car. Is loss of memory a symptom of PMS too?

Hope you girlies have a fabulous day! Talk soon.

Lisa
  • Poor Weezle! Sounds like a heck of a day! Sounds like your boss needs a or a (I love smilies!!!) Feel free to vent here anytime!

Okay, chickies, I got permission from wonderful Amanda (also known as Mandalinn82, one of our fearless mods) to post her Pumpkin Cake Recipe. If you don't like pumpkin, she says you can make it with any fruit puree. It's SO good!!! Lots of the mods have been making it lately and really enjoying it, including me (and my DH!). Enjoy!
  • Afternoon chickies! It has hit 80* out there today need to be sitting withmy caban a boy on the beach.

Barb good job atthe gym, exercise can be o relaxing at times. Hope Brian gets to feeling better. Enjoy dinner tomorrow

Schmoodle sorry about the outage they seem to happen at the worst times

Kara good nite & do try to enjoy yourself tomorrow you worked hard for it

Patty hope your hair do turns out perfect

Weezle heres some to ward off TOM

So there was a mix at lunch with the truck getting serviced so I ended up at stein mart and bought 3 very nice jackets they were on sale for 20 each & the best part is I fit into a large
  • GONNA, woooo hoooooo!!!! Great NSV! That's awesome!!!!

Laurie, thanks for the hug. And that cake looks FANTASTIC! Too many dessert recipes, too little time!
  • Thanks weezel

I did get some exercise in - I did a 27 min brisk walk up & down the hills by my job (we got off early)

and heres to staying as close to OP as possible