30 Something Chat Friday Nov 9

• Good Morning!!!
    Lauren--I am soo sorry for your loss..I logged in last night for the first time in over a month and read your post. Hope your grandfather is doing ok..

Hello to everyone..I think I am back into reality now!!!!
    RR
  • welcome back rr..hope things are going well.

I'm exhausted..did not want to drag my self out of bed. Oh well...hope everyone is good. Off to work i go....one more day and then i get to have a weekend off...yeah!!!
  • Morning All!!

Sounds like everyone had a busy yesterday. Tough for some good for others. HOpe today is a better day for all!!

Joan, sounds like you do some really great activities with your kiddos. What a fun mom you must be!!

Hanna, hope they get to the bottom of what's going on with Sean. GG had a good idea, did he have any Aqua Dots??? Boy that would be an easy solution, huh??

Lauren, sorry your day was so tough. I'll bet you & your family shared some good memories, though. *hug*

Mo, you sound like a lot of fun! I'm with you on the enhancements...wanted to get a lift after nursing 2 kids, but DH said the scars would freak him out (more scarring than just implants). So for now I'm holding off on that. But you go, girl!! YOu'd be surprised how many "average" people do that. I can name four moms just from DD's preschool, and those are just the ones who have told me, there may be more!

JOhn, nice TV!!! Did you wind up going with the 42"? HD is incredible, isn't it??

Karen, hope you have fun at the tournament. I took Tae Kwon Do when I was a teenager, got two belts away from my black belt then we had to move. I love the tournaments, they were so much fun!

Alicia, hope your pup feels better. Did they say if it is allergies? How old is she??

Well, got my Firm workout in this AM...had a girls night out on Wed., so no exercise yesterday, but back on the ball today Have a few errands to run today. OOOHHHH...I'm so excited cause yesterday I found the TRansformers that my son wants for Christmas...couldn't believe it, they are going on ebay for 60.00 +!!! I have been looking for them for a few weeks, and Toys R us had the exact ones he wanted, and only two of each~~~WOOO HOOO!! Believe it or not, I'm almost done shopping for my kids, now I have to do DH & the rest of the family - nieces, nephews, grandparents, etc. SO EXCITED!!

Hope you all have a super weekend!! Not much going on here, lots of stuff around the house...nice & relaxing, though!

Later all!
    Pam
  • Mornin',

So today is get back to normal day. I am happy to report that I am down .8 this AM. I have been weighing myself every AM. I don't normally do that, not sure why I am, but I guess it's giving me motivation, because I'm down almost 10 lbs. Finally seem to be on track. I'm not doing anything in particular, except trying to stay out of the Halloween candy.

This sinus crap is getting old. I'm sick of the stupid post nasal drip cough constantly. Today my throat is scratchy and I'm really schnotty.

RR, good to see you...hope everything has been OK for you!

I'll check in later...have a great day all!
  • Morning all. The baby was up for HOURS last night. I finally got to bed at 3. Guess who was up for the day at 7. Oh yes, the same child that was up all night. I've tried twice to get her to nap and she's just not interested. I, on the other hand, could totally crawl back in the bed and SLEEP!

Here's how distractable I am today. The doorbell rang while I was typing this post so I left the computer on and ran upstairs. Got a package, cleaned the bathroom, vaccuumed the floor and cleaned off the table. Then I remembered I was in the middle of a post on here! LOL. Thank goodness someone will be in the car with me when I am driving this afternoon!

RR: Hope things are going well for you.

Lauren: Hope you are feeling better soon and WAY TO GO!! on the loss. Good for you.

GG: Just make it through the day! Then a whole weekend off, Wow!

Pam: Wahoo! Almost done with the Christmas shopping, yay! I've got most of the adult stuff done and just have the kids to go. I found out about a cool store that I want to check out for the ladies on my list. It's called LUSH. Has anyone heard of it? I can't wait to go check it out. I have to wait until I have someone to help with the kids before I go. It's all bath/skin stuff that is handmade. I can just see my kids attacking the stuff!

Have a great day everyone!!
  • good morning all

lauren: sorry for your loss...i hope your grandfather is doing well

gg: im with you...one more day then its the WEEKEND!...try to have a great friday

rr: nice to see you!

pam: i still want to check out the firm videos...im still on my treadmill which is fine but i am becoming lazy with it...i need something new...i got a jumprope..but i suck at it...i got a trampoline but not sure why i dont like it..i got a dance video but the one i got i cant stand...i need something new

hanna: how is sean?...

mo: im with you...i want some too...i told mario and asked if he would "buy" them for me...you know what he said?......he doesnt want to be responsible if something happened...uuuggghhhh...i think it was his way of saying **** no in a nice way

alicia: drive safe sweetie!

sheila: where are you...how are you doing?

john: great tv...enjoy it!

rx: where are you?....

ok hi to everyone: kerri/kerry/joan and all i missed...have a great day!
  • Hi RR WB

Pam- Yes I got the 42 its was only 100.00 more. With HD its like I'm sitting right there. I like watching football in HD better then actually being there lol.

GG- most people post pics of thier kids or pets. I have neither so its my TV, Car and PC LOL.

Wish I could be like pam and have most of my Xmas shopping done. On the news they are talking about Gas going to 4 dollars a gal. If that happens Xmas going to be tight for a lot of people.

Hope everyone has a great Friday
  • Christina still enjoying your job?

Lauren, hope you feel better soon (the sinus')

Pam, every year I say "I'm gonna start early this year" Every year I don't. Good for you and what a relief. I may just wind up buying for the kids this year. With the move and all right at the holidays.... Oh and my dog is 10 years old, he didn't say it was allergies he just said it was dry skin.

Karen, I have some q's about Occupational Therapy. Well about what type of Degree you need. Is it a Bachelors plus Masters or I've also seen "technical" schools or nursing schools offer it. I almost have my Bachelors so wasn't sure what path. Don't know if you can answer but I saw that you were one soo... Thanks! Hope you get some sleep soon.

John, men with kids like to show pics of their toys too. DH loves to post pics of his car, motorcycle and his projector television thingy ma gigy.

I think my dog is feeling worse that before I took her to the vet. Hasn't eaten a bite today. Oh and she was in the same spot when I got home as when I left for work. I really don't think she moved all day. Not sure if I should give her the meds if she is not eating.

Well I'm packing up. Looking forward to the trip as it is raining and cold here and there it is sunny and a bit warmer.

Hope everyone has a Great weekend.
    Alicia
  • Lois, I know you won't see this, but drive safely.

Lauren, try Puffs Plus with Vicks. I swear it really helps with the sinus problems. We have an old family remedy where we put Vicks on a Q-tip and stick it all the way up into our sinus' ~ even though it says right on the container not too. It does work I promise.

Well today is my day off and I work all weekend. Big sale days now through (oh probably) New Years.

RR, glad to see you back. I was just thinking about you this morning actually. I was still up at 5am and logged on to read the posts ~ thinking thats the time you usually started them. I was way too tired to type though.

Lisa
  • Lisa, The visual!! Actually, I use Vicks every night, love the stuff. I do put it on the inside of my nose, but I don't shove any qtips up there! I have to get some refills of the saline powder stuff that you mix with water and shoot up your nose and out the other side. Tonight I will be putting the humidifier on though, along with the vicks, and maybe some nighttime cough stuff.
  • hey all..work was nice and quiet today..**** i even took a 1.5 hr lunch break...wooohooo. So TGIF its the freaking weekend baby. Getting ready to see my sis and my pony...yeah pony rides. Hope everyone is well
    lois - what meds did he put the dog on. A lot of dry skin is secondary to allergies...is your dog chewing a lot? I highly recommned essential fatty acids caps for dry skin and allergies for dogs. Get them from you vet..they work well (but take about 30 - 40 days for the improvment). Also there's a food i love for dry skin (and mild allergies) i love..its by royal canine...called skin support. Great food, kinda of pricey but works great. Good luck with it. If your dog isn't feeling better...may be the meds..try with holding med for 12 hrs if feeld better after with holdning meds.. then give again..if dog feels crappy..the meds are making him sick..what meds do you have him on?
  • hi everyone!
    RR great to see you! have things been just crazy???

Lisa you are pretty funny! I have to agree w/Lauren

Lauren how are ya doing? how is the family? can I ask you what kind of scale do you have, mine is not too good and it is old, it only weights in 1/2 Lbs.

Pam that is great to have all your shopping done, we don't do Christmas at my house, we do Hanukkah and Michael has this crazy notion that Sean gets a gift every night he light candles, 7 nighs, so we do 6 small gifts (for the most part) and the last night we do a big thing. I have not even thought of what I am going to get this year, not a clue! it has been kind of crazy around here to think of those things, LOL.

John you are a good guy, it is OK to post pics. of your favorite things, I thing!

Melinda where are ya today? it is good to see you!

Hi Christina! good to see you! Sean is doing Ok, DH and I are the once having a hard time with all the stuff that has been going on for so loooonnnngggg...

Alicia drive safely! I do hope to get some answers we see the neurologist the day before thanks giving. What is happening w/DH job and the move?

ROO where are you? do we need to come get you again???

GG that is great you are going to see your sis, that means grampas is still hanging on? how difficult it must be, enjoy your horse, sorry your work is so busy, sounds to me chaotic!

Well I am still not rested, I feel like I was hit by a truck, my whole body hurts but I think is just because we are all so tired here. Today it was a crazy morning I had an appointment at 9 and I didn't get out of bed till 8:45 talk about rushing! then I went to the knitting shop for a little while, I didn't want to stay long. Michael called to say hi and to tell me they were talking about the sale at Nordstrom's, he said if I wanted to go to be easy, I was shocked he even mentioned it to me , so of course I had to go pay a visit to Nordstrom's, got some really cute tops, a pair of jeans, a couple of sweaters and 3 pairs of shoes, I also bought a couple of eye shadows and a perfume (not on sale)

I am going to try to go to bed early tonight, I can't tell you how tired I am.
    Michael is home all weekend!!!! we have not plans, which is just fine and dandy w/me!

Have a good weekend everyone!

Hanna
  • hannah - LMAO i think we need to send you to shopaholics anomynous.
  • Hannah, be careful ~ it sounds like you are close to going into a fiber fog. Those can be really bad. Every once in a while when my mom really overdoes herself one comes on. She cant even think or move. It is not fun at all. Remember to take care of yourself (not by shopping), and get plenty of rest.

Lisa