Thursday Chatters for November

You're on Page 4 of 6
Go to
  • I wanted to pop in, too.
    It's been a crazy, busy day.
    I'll catch up later. Just wanted to say hello to everyone.
  • Cathy, I am not ready for snow, and I am definitely not ready for a power failure! I'm impressed about you wrapping Christmas presents. I really need to write down names and what I'm thinking about getting for people.

Dori, I no longer attend meetings. I have been doing it on my own. It seems like I don't do any better when I attend meetings, so I might as well save the money. Aren't faculty meetings fun??? I do not miss those at all. Retirement is wonderful!!

Hi Tina! Hope your crazy, busy day wasn't too bad.

Water aerobics was a hoot tonight! We have two men in the class, and they are hilarious! It has always been fun, but these two guys make it even more so.
  • My weigh-in day/meeting day is on Tuesday. Is it ok if I join you all anyway, or is there a Tuesday chatters thread? I am so off track, I can't seem to get myself back in the right direction with my WW program even though I am still going to Meetings. I thought maybe if I started coming here, it would encourage me to try harder. With the Holidays right around the corner, it's going to be even tougher. I wonder if I'll even be able to "get" back on track right now, but I really do not want to wait til Jan or Feb. I feel like I really need this "now". Thanks for listening.
    ~tink
  • I just saw the Tuesday weigh-in thread. Oops!
  • Hi All,

Had a good day at school. ALL of my kids were good.

Pat is a good guy. He always says "I'm the most spoiled woman on the planet." I remind him "he made me that way." He says I came that way, guess Daddy started me off that way.

I've not been great about drinking my water either. I need to focus on that.
  • Hi All,
    weigh in is tomorrow. I must say:"I ate better, walked, drank water and had only "2" gum drops all week
    Well if I don't loose any weight, I know I had a better week.
    Will check back tomorrow after the meeting.
    You all take care, and try your best for "You".
    Love CAthy
  • Hi,
    I've been so busy. But, I'm OP and hoping for a loss tomorrow.

Cathy, how was your weigh-in today? Be sure to post on that thread.

Maureen, you've been so quiet for a couple of days. I miss you. What's up??

Susan, Pat really fixed you up with that IPhone.

Tammy, how was Bob's appointment about his throat? How is Tim doing?

Our weather has been warm again. But, it should get down into the 40's tomorrow night. We might have a cool Thanksgiving.

Is everyone cooking turkey this year? I have a little Butterball breast for us. We all go to my sister's where her husband fixes a big bird.
    I'm going to stay OP. I had an appt. with my gyn today and told him that I planned on losing 7 pounds. He thought that was a wise amount.
    So, I'm ready to do it!!!!!

• ya, I lost 3 and3/4 pounds...feeling great, now to loose next week, will tell you more tomorrow, I had a crazy day. I left the house at 8:30am returned at 11pm, early day tomorrow, and another long one, so all for now,
    Love Cathy
  • Cathy, that is a great loss!!!!! Congratulations!
    Be sure to post on the Thursday Weigh-In Results thread, too.
  • Hi,
    Hope everyone is doing well.

My doctor's appointment was good. She is changing my thyroid medicine and also put me on iron. She is decreasing the Lexapro too. So maybe I'll start having some energy soon.

Off to San Antonio tomorrow. So it might be a day or so before I write again.
  • Susan, I didn't realize tomorrow was your day to go. My goodness, time is flying by. I'm glad you are getting different meds, plus iron. That should help you.
    Have a great time.
  • Greetings!
    It's Friday and that means it's time to head to the grocery stores, with everyone else, to buy that turkey and everything else.

If you look at my tracker, you'll see that my fish has moved one! I just had to weigh this morning. I'm so proud.

Dori and Maureen, y'all have been quiet for a few days. What's up?
    Tammy, are you rested up? Have you been to your water areobics lately?
    Susan, is probably on her way to SA. I know she'll have fun there.
  • Susan, being spoiled sounds nice! I'm sure you'll feel better once the medicine gets straightened out.

Tim and his new friend are leaving after his noon class today to go visit her mother. It's about a 2 hour drive.

We're going to my aunt's for Thanksgiving. SHe's doing a turkey breast, and she's also having fried chicken for those who like it better. I just hope Bob can find something to eat without choking. I'm making my regulars: green bean casserole, deviled eggs, and taking rolls.

Cathy, awesome loss!

Tina, this week hasn't been a good one. Tuesday with the football game that night, and Wednesday with Bob going in for that procedure, really wore me out. It is colder, and we've had rain and some snow. Not good for the arthritis and fibro. I spent quite a bit of time yesterday sleeping. I was up early this morning, and then I went back to bed. Bob isn't sleeping at night again, but I think it's because he is sleeping during the day more.

I need to focus on me. I get started, and then I fall apart. I don't like it.

I think I might jump in the shower and just go away for a while. There's a Christian book store that opened near here over the summer. I haven't been there, so maybe today will be a good day for it. If I stay home, I know I'm going to be in bed again.
  • Morning all,
    Just thought I would drop a note to say I am still here, I have been having some troubles with this week...came home on Thursday to the corner of my house broken where someone ran into it, no one has clamed the accident? So now it is going to cost around $1500.00 DOLLARS TO FIX IT.
    Eating different and feeling good about this.
    Well to all of you, stay with it, you can do it, Yes you can...
    Love Cathy
  • Hi,
    Cathy, that's horrible about your house. What will you have done to it? I'm so sorry. It's not a good time of year to have to spend money.
    (I know because we just had to spend money for a new water heater.)
    I am glad you are eating right.
    Keep us informed.

Dori and Maureen, please sign in.

Tammy, I'm sorry it's been a bad week. But, you are very strong and can get through all this!

I gave in and ate Chinese for lunch today. Only used 4 pts. for breakfast so maybe I'll be okay for the day---after homemade hamburgers tonight.