Royal Procession of the Merry Court towards Winter Solstice and the Festive Season

You're on Page 2 of 11
Go to
  • Hmmm... yesterday the gingerbread house was all glowy and alive-looking but today it's just sitting there.
  • Missing all the missing! The calorie free gingerbread house really appeals to me right now - and I've just had my oatmeal.

Yes, WN, please beware of the fatigue. I think that is my worst enemy. Much cooler here but we had the wind/rain overnight the other night. Leaves colorful and lots down.

A morning of phone calls and appointment setting/resetting. Then hopefully shopping for some buttonfront shirts and bras. 'Tis going to be a tough time for a while. I think DD is also concerned re my surgery. She won't be here for it. DS has honors this time and I think she feels she'd control details better. Probably right but he's good and conscientious (and available albeit w/difficulty, of course) and experienced too. Her MIL had a knee replacement yesterday and will have second next week. DD will not be there taking care of detail either and DSIL is less diligent re same. He'll be away a lot over the course of the next few weeks (usually is anyway), miss a lot of kid things (that I'll be missing too).

We'll survive but I've drawn a line in the sand. Anyway, on with today.............WISH I had a tai chi and a walk in already. I'm just past first cuppa and heading to the shower. Up too much last night - but I did get a few things done in the wee hours so I count that as today's accomplishments.

Hup, hup
  • just wanted to check in and say i am still here and thinking of you, royals. thanks for starting this thread, arabella. i can't believe there is so little time until thanksgiving. glad you put it "in writing," amarantha. it was good for me to see that and be reminded i must get on my royal steed and bump up my food plan in order to achieve some downward motion on the old scale. anagram, sure sounds like you are going through a lot what with upcoming surgery and planning for recovery time from that, stress with dd, etc. i hope things go much more smoothly for you as soon as is possible.

my plan for this stint is to continue with my regular exercise routine, try and stick to around 1300-1400 cals/day, and eat healthy. i will also do more in the way of listening to my meditation cd's. i too have been very restless on and off for a while now, and not as good at remembering "to just breathe" and do what i know has worked in the past to help me relax. well, i am on my way out the door to get some errands done, so must away. wishing everyone a good afternoon. take care, all.
  • Ok, I could not resist borrowin' this, Arabella. I didn't see it yesterday. It is so peaceful and it looks to be glowing on my screen.

Huzzah to Wsw and Anagram this morning. I am going back to bed (it's actually afternoon but I have to work late tonight in mountains).
  • Shoot, just lost my post!

Don't know if I accidentally clicked the big X inst. the little one or what, but it's gone.

And now I have to confess all over! Yesterday I took a dive off the wagon and ate all the leftover chips that I didn't eat at the dinner party last weekend as well as all the chips that everyone else didn't eat. And I've got WI tomorrow Ah well, back on the wagon today and strapped in and hope to minimize damage. Just back from a run and a set of tai chi.

Anagram, good for you drawing line in the sand! Truly must be done from time to time. There's a book on Amazon that looks like it might have some good hints for coping one-handed . Another confession: I was suddenly saddened by the thought that you might not be able to post for a little while. I'm so selfish!

Amarantha, certainly there's plenty of for everyone to enjoy, esp. if we're going to bravely forego the calorically laden one. I could eat one of those today, but i won't :zip:

WSW, yea the days and weeks do sneak up on us. We must be vigilant! Starting here, starting now...

K, Lovelies, must be off again. Shower is required. Let's make this a good one!
  • Thank thee for the link, Arabella. Will check it out. I've been practicing posting with left hand. It's be slow but I'll be here - just not as long winded.

Today's my liquid diet day and I'm already tired of apple juice and jello. And why did I pick today to do the lists for my Thanksgiving dinner shopping and lists of types of foods to have on hand to handle easily after surgery? Well, maybe because I can't go too far from home and I'm tres restless. Zipped through a gob of those little paper type chores one doesn't usually ever get around to.

Bro who had gastric surgery last week seems to be doing well, is touring San Diego until his return visit to surgeon, then willhead home this weekend. I think he said he has seven little bandaid type incisions.

It's a mite gray and quite chilly day. I'm thinking I may just curl up on the sofa for a bit of a read, having been very industrious so far today. Hmmm, read, work, read, work? Seems almost a no brainer.

to wsw and the Empress. What happened to our Edy?
  • Yes, 'tis strange. The gingerbread house was all glowing when I first came on but isn't now. Maybe there's a time limit or something?
  • It is still glowing on my screen. Such a nice little smilie.

I've been hungry and overeating all week, too, Arabella. I'm still hungry and if there were cookies in the house would eat them all.
  • Hi Royals, I"M HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't even know exactly what started the landslide but it just seemed to move faster and faster....

So glad I am here now though!

I quickly scanned this thread and am wishing you lots and lots of good vibes Anagram! ( I think if you are doing liquid diet when you posted that a procedure is today ?? ).....
    You are in my thoughts!

My job is beginning to show some trends that I don't like so I am officially "looking".....The fun has gone and I need to know my options and plan an "emergency exit"..... The extra hours are done for the time being as we are "caught up"..( the quotes are to indicate incredulity)
    I am still going in the same time to avoid traffic ( not as bad as you hear about in CA but still unpredicatable and teeth grinding) and using the gym. Or at least, let's put it this way.... using the treadmill. Right now, 15 minutes at about 2.5 mph makes me sweaty and spent if that gives you any idea how UNFIT I am at this point. But, we have to start somewhere.

I havent weighed myself but am proud to say today begins Day 11 of no sugar.

So, hugs and hellos to all... sorry to have been away so long....

Here's to Friday!

Here's today's thought :

"To swear off mistakes is very easy.
    All you have to do is swear off having ideas."

- Leo Burnett, advertising pioneer

Question of the day:

"Do you have a favorite pen or pencil?"
  • Congratulations on Day 11 of no sugar and your return here, K!!!

15 min on the dreamill be better than no minutes. That's great!

Hope your job search proveth productive!

See ye, ladies, I am off to exercise and then work in a different location than my home office for a change, which doth not pleaseth me, but no help for it.

Huzzah, this is the the THIRTEENETH DAY OUT FROM US THANKSGIVIN' WHEN I WILL BE FAB NOT FLAB!
  • Friday, Friday
    And day o' reckoning. WI has me up 1.2, which is no surprise after eating SO many potato chips on Wednesday (Where's the banging head on desk smilie?). But the good news beith that I did, in fact, go to WI instead of skipping.

In other good news, pants that were tight on me at the first of December last year are now nicely loose. I remember putting them on and thinking they'd be a lot more flattering when they weren't tight. They were a little hard to fasten and snug in the thighs. Now they look pretty much as envisioned. So even if I haven't made huge progress this year, I have made SOME progress. And I'll just keep on keepin' on. Hopefully speeding things up a bit.

Walked, did circuits and a set of tai chi. Had my oat bran and now I'm on to TGIF.

Anagram, sending you good vibes all day today! I know you're probably gone already -- I wasn't sure if it was today or next Friday. Anyway -- :
    Hope you had a nice restful read yesterday!

Kaylets, welcome back! And congrats on the good no-sugar streak. We're gonna do this! Re: QoD -- I am very particular about my pens but don't have a pet right now. Although I'm partial to one that has nice dark green ink... just can't seem to find the perfect pen. I love old-fashioned looking colored ink, though: indigo, dark green, dark brown. And I like a pen with a nice weight to it and attractive form. Might put DH on the hunt for festive giftie...

Amarantha, I think getting OOO (out of office) would be good for me from time to time. I find that I settle into doldrums in the afternoon, even when the mornings start off well. Thinking I should pack laptop and head to a coffee shop or the library from time to time, especially as the winter approacheth and we need fresh new perks to keep us... perky. Have some gingerbread!

Well, Dovies, I'd better plough through some work or my dreams of exiting the office early will go up in smoke. Let's make this a good one!
  • Well, due to a heavy workload in the field on Sunday, Diet Wise Woman asked Diet Maiden Am to conduct the official Ceremony o' the Golden Scale t*a ra ra rah* on Saturday this week and so with no more formality it hath been announced in Amaranthaland that Am be down .10 and now dwelleth in the Halcyon Land o' the 130s where she hath struggled, unless she is mistaken and missed seeing an entry in her Fitday PC software since April, for APPROXIMATELY SEVEN LONG months to be.

Light dawneth in Am's diet maidenly brain when she realized that not only did Am do her first race (in the April heat here) in that month, she took out an order of protection and went to court over it around that time, all of which gave her subconcious the go-ahead to "rest" a lot and eat a lot. She began to gain rapidly ... not a vast amount of pounds but in the Am body they slowed her down, bothered her as she had come so far and felt so real in the 130s AND showed, evidently, because all during the past two weeks when she's been inchin' down a little more, people have been commenting that she has lost a tremendous amount of weight.

The loss seemed so unreal that Am weighed her clothes, got dressed and then weighed in again. The scale added the exact weight of the clothes. So it is not some scale demon messin' with Am's head ... she's really down .10, not a lot to some but in plateau of seven months bustin' terms, MAJOR!

Now she moveth on to her stalk o' the wild 120s, specifically 125 aka ULTRA GOAL *ta da* !!!

Sorry for the me-me-ness o' this postie. It's been a long trek over a never-ending plateau but joy cometh in the morning ... or cameth in the morning, more specifically.

• Saturday in the Palace
    Cold enough to snow here and tomorrow it might just do that. We had a practice for the Remembrance Day contest this a.m. and the concert's tomorrow evening. Reminds me... better check out my clothes for the concert and make sure everything's good to go. DH and I walked around the harbour and to practice and thence to the Lebanese restaurant I used to work at for falafels with salad and a beer They were good! Afterwards we strolled around to look at a new art exhibit.

I need to practice some more today but that might be it for productivity for the day

Anagram, hope you're recovering nicely from the procedure yesterday and that it wasn't too awful.

for all! O dear... now I'm thinking hot chocolate would be very nice with that. K, shall only have virtuous virtual varieties.

Love to all. Let's make this a good one!
  • Amarantha, we simulposted! Huzzah, huzzah, huzzah for your victorious arrival in the 130s!

Dost thou see Eydie in thine travels? We miss her already!
  • amarantha-congrats!!!!! woohoo!!

anagram-hope your procedure went well.

--and hi to all our royals. i sure have not been the model of dainty eating yesterday and today. didn't go wild, but definitely off the moderate eating trolley. tomorrow, back to small portions for me. has been very chilly here, but supposed to warm up this coming week, which i look forward to. i definitely do better in moderate temps.