CALLING all tall girls

You're on Page 4 of 37
Go to
  • a hugeeeee and loud applause to tall girls because we carry our weight less obvious than shortys lol. im only 5'8 but im glad im tall, makes me look like i weigh less.
  • Flats are great for tall people, I love the ballerinas with a thicker sole. And also kitten heels are sexy without having a tall heel. At 5'9 I don't do heels, other then maybe 2", I love clogs and they are taller then I think. I don't see how Nicole Kidman does it, runs around in heels towering over men she's with, I just CAN'T. Yes here's to tall women who don't show the fat as much, but as the nutritionist said it's also a curse as when the weight goes up it can be gradually but we might not "catch on" until it's A LOT!
  • I'm about 5'10 and wear a size 9, I guess I got lucky. I wear heels when I go out, but if I'm running errands I wear flats. I wore 4 inch boots the other night and I was taller than most people at the bar, I don't care though. My cousin is 6'1, 150 lbs and is a size 8, she's goregous too.
  • Well at 5'7 I wear a size 7, the shoe saleman at payless was amazed and said that I had small feet for a girl of my size
  • The famous Jackie O was a size 11, did you know that, at 5'6 or 5'7... and she is to this day considered the most eloquent fashionable woman in the world with those big feet.
  • Quote: I'm about 5'10 and wear a size 9, I guess I got lucky..
    I think you did too

arrrg...I am so jealous of girls with "normal" sized feet
  • im 5'7 & 1/2 and I weigh 180 last time i checked. I don't think I look it but being tall has its benefits besides the obvious, being able to reach that top self without a stool. Our weight seems to flow evenly throughout our bodies so we don't appear to be "overweight". Which can be a double edged sword as well be cuase the weight can also sneek up n you faster, and is harder to get off~ so i am finding out~
  • Well, I do feel better after reading this thread. I'm 5'10" and just lost 20 pounds and no one but ME can even tell.... sigh... must be the height......
  • Yeah, being tall can put us in denial sometimes. And when I lose 20 pounds, I feel like it's around 5... (but... with extra weight comes extra bigger bras! LOL!)

I wear a size 10 shoe at 5'10" and feel pretty normal. I always wanted to be 6' tall, so I wear heals all the time! My hubby is ~6'8", so I can wear whatever I want!

It's hard to believe I used to be 125 lbs. at this height... ah, but I was young then... Anyway, I am working towards being packed with muscle, so I think being tall and having muscle will be awesome! Amazon Aymster!
  • Hey tall ones! I am 5' 3" and I wear a size 9 dress shoe and a size 8-1/2 running shoe. So, go figure!

Jay
  • Another tall girl here I am 5'10", 173 lbs., size 12 clothes, size 10 shoes. Like many of you have said, my height is both a blessing and a curse. I have to lose at least 15 lbs. to go down a dress size. I shop at New York and Company alot because they have a good assortment of tall pants (and the price is pretty good!)
  • ^^Thanks for the shopping tip!

And Jay... WOW! But when I was 5'3" (in third grade, ahem, cough.... LOL!) I wore a women's size 7 and I've heard that some women go up a shoe size after they've had children...

But ya know, I never look at the size of a woman's feet no matter what the height. My sister-in-law is 6'5.5" (yep, she's almost my husband's height) and she only wears a 13 and she's got about 8 inches on me! So, in relation to that, I don't think your feet are too big at all!
  • Hey Aymster!

No children, so that's not it. I wore a size 7-1/2 from the time I was 18. heh.

I figure my feet are exactly the size they are supposed to be.

Jay
  • Hi Jay! Yes, I agree! We are exactly where we are meant to be... Nothing wrong with that!

Oh, and fyi ladies, I just bought some workout pants at Target made by Champion for women 5'9" and taller and they're actually too long! Whodathunk? Better tell my sister-in-law!
  • REALLY at Target? Are they marked TALL? I heard about these Champion pants but I didn't know one could go to a live local store and buy them...