I conquered it!

• I went to battle with the Chinese buffet, and I did not let it defeat me!

After I get out of class today, I get this call from my boss and he wants to know if I can come in to work since someone else didn't show up...again. I agree, and I go in.

Lunch time rolls around, and I'm starving. I'm thinking about heading home on my lunch break and having some zucchini and chicken, and in walks yet another client.

So 2 PM rolls around, and I'm still starving. My boss offers to "treat" me to lunch, and I stupidly agree without even asking where we're going. And the next thing I know, we're in the parking of the Chinese buffet, my weakness.

I had a HUGE plate of fresh fruit, some chicken stir-fry, and a small amount of egg drop soup. I honestly wasn't even tempted by much else!

If I could say no to my weakness, despite the fact that I was starving, I can do this! I really think I can do this!
  • Yes you CAN Sara!!!!

Jay
  • Way to go Sara! I had the same battle last night. I think you did better than me though - I had the soup, stir fried garlic green beans and a couple of teriyaki chicken skewers. Those buffets are killer.
  • WTG You made a great decision! And you can do it again ^^
  • WTG Sara, you did good!
  • woah! you da man! i mean WOman you know what i mean

I'm too much of a scare-dy-cat to try the buffett!! I'd put my chair in front of the orange chicken and noodles and not leave til closing hehehehe
  • Yeah, well, I'm not going to lie. The orange chicken almost killed me.

But I made myself eat what I already had, and then reasoned that if I was still hungry, I could have a small portion. And you know what? Never happened. I wasn't hungry, and after I thought about it, I didn't want it.

Being thin and healthy and free tastes a **** of a lot better than orange chicken.
  • WTG! You can do this
  • OMG, the dreaded Chineese Buffett! My absolute favorite food ever! Ya know what....there was one time since I started my "new lifestyle" that I was feeling sorry for myself and could not get the thought of just stuffing myself at the chineese buffet out of my head. I went and had the buffett, but to tell you the truth, after eating all healthy and low fat foods for so long, the buffett food was not as good tasting as I thought it would be. It was loaded down with grease that you could clearly taste, and just not that good.

Way to go!!! I guess if we can learn to do that more often it proves we are changing our way of life and not depriving ourselves really. Keep up the good work, I enjoy reading your posts!!!
  • Congratulations!!

Chinese food - especially a buffet - can be so hard to navigate, and it sounds like you did a fantastic job!

My experience is similar to MugCanDoIt - once, after making the changes I've now made to the way I eat (no fried foods, minimal processing, mainly fresh fruits, veg, lean poultry, whole grains), we were invited to a dinner where they served take-out Chinese. I had one piece of sesame chicken (breaded and fried like the orange), and couldn't have another even if I had wanted to - it was SO greasy tasting!! Starchy, bread-y, and gross. It's really amazing how our bodies respond when we cut out the really crappy stuff - you probably saved yourself a lot of discomfort!

Good for you!!
  • Woohoo, Sara! That's fantabulous stuff - go you!
  • Strong work, girl!!