Where is the rewind button?

• Staples has an Easy Button. Doesn't dieting?

If life could be rewound, I would be holding it down and undoing the last 2 days. Depression was a fantastic diet for the first two weeks. Now it's becoming the bane of my existence. I have regained the last 4 lbs I so proudly lost. The last 4 lbs that put me at my first goal. I have so quickly waved goodbye to the numbers I had not seen in about 6 years.

I know I can re-lose them. I will. I'm just so angry with myself for letting them come back in the first place.

My plan to get this under control is to not let "easy food" be the answer. I'm sad and lethargic, but fast, easy food isn't going to help me feel any better. My plan for tonight specifically is to be the DD for my friend's 21st b-day. No alcohol = saving money + better food choices. Not that it's hard, since I'm not a big drinker. But still.
  • Toni,
    Hang in there girl. It IS hard!!! But you are right! And I applaud your realizing it after only 4 lbs. You are back on track so quickly - while dealing with a MAJOR life change - that is incredibly brave and inspiring!!!!

I will continue to keep you on my prayer list - enjoy the party! And continue to look for other mood elevators besides food. A bubble bath, a good book, a walk, good music, whatever works for you!!!!
  • In losing weight, it's not a "Rewind Button", it's a "Learn from it" button. I've pressed it once for just about every pound I've lost and will lose. It's still there grinning at me.
  • Sorry things are so tough right now, but for getting back on track!! you can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    cheryl
  • If you find it, I'll split the cost with you!

You've got so much going on right now, Toni, try not to let this get to you. Often when we gain large amounts in a short period of time (i.e. days) like this, it's a lot easier to get off than it was the first time. It's not all fat. It's water gain too. So just breathe deeply, and make your next decision a good one. Then the next one. Then the next one...
  • ummmmm as long as you have the rewind button pressed, you mind hanging on to it and go back to...oh...say 1980?? heheh I'd like to tell the 14 year old me that I'm fine, so what if your sister is tinier, do not start dieting!!!
  • Toni - I'm sorry you're disappointed and sad right now. Here's a big ol' "cyber hug" ((((Toni)))). There, now pick yourself back up and get going, girl! Make this just a stumble, not a road block.
  • (((HUGS))) I know how tough it can be. Im struggling right now too.
  • I wouldnt change a thing in my journey to this point. Even if it looks like I haven't traveled very far, I have learned so much!

It is SO HARD to remember that it's the journey and not the destination that is important!
  • Dont ever give up, that is what I keep telling myself. Although I put on 6 lbs this weekend, I am determined to move forward. We must not give up, ever!
  • Depression is a wonderful diet, isn't it? I lost 20 lbs in two and a half weeks following my break up with my ex about two years ago. And then, well, I discovered the joys of being single and then the joys of finding someone great, and HELLO 40 lb gain.

I can relate. I'm in the process of losing those 40 lbs plus more. If I can do it, anyone can do it lol. You're doing fine if it's just 4 lbs and not the 40 I gained back.