~golden Girls~ October

You're on Page 5 of 21
Go to
  • Hello Everone,
    I thought that I would post these pictures that Tim took of me at the Dinasaur Museum in Woodland Park yesterday. I really thought that these would be good pets but can't figure out what to feed them!!! Also the Palm Trees really look great when there is about 2 feet of snow on the ground!!! Just thought that I would share
  • Morning everyone..i have been up for hrs this am..just couldnt sleep anymore..not my dh problem tho as he's still snoring away,as far as the dr's scale.. i just cant beleive they weighed me right..20#'s is a big diff.. i had my dd weigh on mine and she said it weighs her what her scale at home is so im going with my scale as thats the one i use all the time..i know i have lost but dont feel like the mysterious 20# is a real loss..i can just tell by my clothes etc..its just to good to be true..nothing planned for the weekend;thats not to say there is plenty i should be doing just feel a bit lazy..hoping u all have a great weekend rosey
  • Just to let you know . . . I turned the October Challenge Thread into a STICKY so it wouldn't get lost . . . just in case.
  • Hi GOLDEN GIRLS I am back after a week away from computers. Actually there was one at the lodge but I avoided it and spent my time reading and communing with nature. Two exciting things first due to an error our Orca watching trip was cancelled so I cancelled my spa day and decided instead to join my sweetie on the grizzly tour -- so glad I did. It was the most spectacular day -- we took a boat up the coast (about 2 and a half hours), we saw bald eagles, porpoises, seals and tons of other sea life. We then were taken with guides up country by van to several safe sites to hopefully catch site of Grizzly bears while they were feeding on the salmon -- we were incredibly lucky and at one point even had one about 20 feet away from us -- I stayed close to the guide with the shotgun LOL. Actually it felt very safe -- the bears were not interested in us at all. I will send pictures if anyone is interested.

But the most exciting news was that my dear sweetheart booked two extra days for our vacation as a surprise. Part of the surprise was an afternoon at the spa -- the Romantic Touch couple's package. While we were relaxing on our own in the private suite - -just before our side by side massage he asked me to marry him. Somehow he had snuck the ring box up in his robe. It was so sweet and so romantic and he made me so very very happy. It was cool -- so now at the fabulous age of 52 I am preparing to be a bride again -- I personally think there should be another term for mature brides but not bridezilla LOL.

Hope to catch up with everyone soon -- I need to get back on track -- I have put on too much weight and need to shed more for my trip and then for my wedding -- my wedding -- YAY
  • Good Morning everyone!

This will be short as I'm going to get readyfor church.
    Jayjay...Congratulations on your engagement, your guy must be very romantic~Please share your photos, especially the grizzy bears!

Bobbi

• Good Morning from Nova Scotia too . . .

Absolutely fantastic news JOANNE. . . . . . this is definitely a vacation you will not foget. From now on Thanksgiving Weekend will always be extra special for you. Have you set a date, yet?

Sun is shining right now, but the prediction is for rain starting this afternoon and continuing into tomorrow -- seems to always happen when it's a long weekend, doesn't it?

MY most exciting plan for the day -- heavy on the turkey and veggies; light on the potatoes, gravy, dressing ; pass on the pumpkin pie altogether -- easier said than done of course.

Have a good day, Golden Girls . . . see you all later.
  • Congratulations JayJay on your engagement.
  • Joanne...............I am so happy for you, how romantic!!!! I actually have tears in my eyes what a beautiful bride you will be.

I would love to see the photos of the bears, hey maybe one of the ring and your sweetheart?

We saw the Orcas on a boat day trip from Seattle to Canada....it was amazing to see them in the wild.

Phyllis
  • Hi everyone

Joanne, congratulations on your engagement! What wonderful news.

This is just a fly by just to say "Hi!" I'm having a great time with my gf and we're off to St Petersburg in a little while.
    Hope everyone had a good week and is having a good weekend.

BFN, Ali
  • Good Morning Ladies,
    Congratulations Joanne!! How exciting!! And yes we would all love to see pictures of the vacation, your finace' and of course your ring!! How do you all find such romantic guys???

Meowee-- you are making me so hungry for turkey and all the trimmings!! And we still have to wait until next month! I do have a big pot of beef stew cooking for supper tonight (it ws 25 degrees here this morning!) We are up to 32 now!! Anyway, you have a and enjoy that turkey!

Hope everyone has a good Sunday and I'll be back later.
  • Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian girl friends!

TWAS THE NIGHT OF THANKSGIVING,BUT I JUST COULDN'T SLEEP
    I TRIED COUNTING BACKWARDS, I TRIED COUNTING SHEEP.
    THE LEFTOVERS BECKONED - THE DARK MEAT AND WHITE
    BUT I FOUGHT THE TEMPTATION WITH ALL OF MY MIGHT

TOSSING AND TURNING WITH ANTICIPATION
    THE THOUGHT OF A SNACK BECAME INFATUATION.
    SO, I RACED TO THE KITCHEN, FLUNG OPEN THE DOOR
    AND GAZED AT THE FRIDGE, FULL OF GOODIES GALORE.

I GOBBLED UP TURKEY AND BUTTERED POTATOES,
    PICKLES AND CARROTS, BEANS AND TOMATOES.
    I FELT MYSELF SWELLING SO PLUMP AND SO ROUND,
    'TIL ALL OF A SUDDEN, I ROSE OFF THE GROUND.

I CRASHED THROUGH THE CEILING, FLOATING INTO THE SKY
    WITH A MOUTHFUL OF PUDDING AND A HANDFUL OF PIE.
    BUT, I MANAGED TO YELL AS I SOARED PAST THE TREES....
    HAPPY EATING TO ALL PASS THE CRANBERRIES, PLEASE.

MAY YOUR STUFFING BE TASTY, MAY YOUR TURKEY BE PLUMP.
    MAY YOUR POTATOES 'N GRAVY HAVE NARY A LUMP,
    MAY YOUR YAMS BE DELICIOUS MAY YOUR PIES TAKE THE PRIZE,
    MAY YOUR THANKSGIVING DINNER STAY OFF OF YOUR THIGHS.

HAVE A WONDERFUL THANKSGIVING!

• Congratulations and Happy T-day too
    Oh Joanne - How romantic. Congratulations on you engagement.
    And to all my Canadian GGs - Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy the bounty - (then take a long walk)

Lyn
  • Hi everyone.. just got back from the grocery store..NEVER shop when u have a hungry husband with u at any rate he cant say that idont have any munchies fit for a guy around any more..glad that chore is done.. i think that the scale is jinxed or embarassed from what the dr scale said as i have stayed the same weight all weekits frustrating for me but i keep doing what i know works for me..Joann how exciting for you congratulations..where was this lodge that u saw all these critters? and Happpy Turkey day to all the canadians..ttfn (((hugs))) rosey
  • Jayjay - Congratulations! I'm so excited for you. Please post pictures.
  • Joanne how wonderful! Your fiance sounds thoughtful AND romantic! I'm thinking you're lucky to have each other. Relish each moment & absolutely share all the pics of the bears... each other, the ring... anything!

Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian friends! Hard to get in the spirit here when the temp is still 92 but I have to have faith that cooler weather is coming.

Hope all is well for everyone. Will write more later. Been busy & now it's time to hit the sack. Think hugs to all & take care!

Marylynn