Jillian's Girls Exercise Journal

You're on Page 9 of 14
Go to
  • Sirak - congratulations on the amazing progress you have made over the last year! You have done a phenomenal job. What a difference a year can make.

I am still hanging in. My weekend eating wasn't anything to brag about either. But, I am getting there. Exercise is going great. Two full weeks and I am feeling better every day.

http://skwigg.tripod.com/blog/index....to-is-psychic/

That address there might disappear, but I found it inspirational. I can't figure out how to make that more subtle link.
  • Thanks Ledom - I needed that kick in the rear! Tom Venuto is a wise man when it comes to a lot of that stuff, and I'd all but forgotten all the stuff I learned from him. I did buy his e-book and had joined the Inner Circle last year (or the year before), but then I just stopped paying attention to it all.

Right now I'm in the catagory of thinking "my fitness situation is out of control" still, and to his point, that thinking won't get me anywhere.

I've been eating pretty well since the beginning of the year, following my YOU: On a Diet guidelines, but my weight hasn't budged.

Of course, I *know* that I never lose weight without exercising, but I'm in the pity party stage about that - yes, it is unfair, and I wish it were not the case, but the fact is I do know this, and yet I still am whining about it....

I think I'll print out that TV list of 20 predictions and put it all over around my house as a reminder to myself that I need to make this happen if I want it!
    Cindy
  • I just had to go read it again Cindy. I am going to remember to look at it often this year.
  • Morning ladies - I have stuck w/ my exercise plan for 3 weeks now. I am very happy w/ my workouts and the last couple days I have felt particularly in the groove (did not wait until last possible moment to get started.) Food, better but I am not there yet. I need to reread my diet. I think I need to read it every day until I start feeling more in the groove with that.

Have a good weekend.
  • ledom!! 3 weeks = new habit in my book.

sirak - @ "real good except for the Guinness" that sounds like me. At least you didn't waste calories on crap beer.

cindy - not to say exercise isn't required...but I think it's something like 80% diet, 20% exercise that makes me lose weight. So....if ya gotta pick one - be hardcore on the food plan. Baby steps on the exercise.

Same ol same ol from here...still jogging and not working out much. It seems kind of pointless if I can't really do upper body. I've talked to a couple people who have have tennis elbow and it's a sloooooowww healing thing. One guy needed surgery to fix it.
  • Back on the wagon today after a bumpy fall. Feeling better already.

Sorry you are still having problems with your arm chick. I feel creaky and for the first time ever my fingers feel arthritic. It is coming for me. I think kayaking and weight lifting have contributed to it.

I have been thinking about this issue in conjunction with the workouts I have been doing. Mostly body weight. I am really loving it and loving how I feel my muscles developing. For one thing it is a good change, but I liked what DD said. That it would give me a dancers muscles because that is how dancers workout with body weight. I like the sound of that.
  • Well today is my moment of truth. Remember that Drs. appt. I canceled last month - well today is my rescheduled appt. I don't feel any better about getting on that scale today than I did last month. I haven't weighed in a while, guess I'll just let it be a surprise. I know he'll say something to me about gaining weight. I am just like a high school girl, I dread it. I don't want to go. I don't want to know. Gotta suck it up I guess.

I have had my eating under control this week but I haven't exercise at all. Last weekend I think I realized exactly how exhausted I was. I went to a birthday party and just plopped myself down on my friends couch and think I would have fallen asleep if I hadn't just made myself not be such a wet blanket. This week I have come home from work and zoned out in front of the TV. Not much on and one night I watched about 5 episodes of Reba in a row. Yikes, maybe that's how I know I am exhausted, that that was all I could muster. That is NOT the way I want to spend my time.

I have been taking both mother and daughter to Dr. appts. (DD's depression has flared up again.) Sometimes I feel my little family just eats up everything I got. Even more than the physical strain sometimes is the emotional upheaval. And yet it could be ever so much worse. I am sure you have heard of all the horrible tornados that hit my state this week. So sad.

Anyway, one day at a time. Have any of you read the Power of Now, or any of those type books. I was reading excerpts last night about living in the present. I think I'll try to pick that book up soon. I did just finish reading "Eat, Pray, Love", I really enjoyed that book a lot. The author has many wise insights to pass along. Those kinds of inspirational books are helpful to me. I am not so much into the self-help genre of literature but occasionally it is just the thing to help me move forward.

I am basically good, just in a time of my life where there is a lot of caretaking.

So, Sirak, you mentioned a date a few posts back. I meant to comment on that, but somehow didn't. How are things going for you now? I bet you would love that book, Eat, Pray, Love if you haven't read it yet. It has a lot to do with relationships.

Chic, yeah I like it spelled like that, just saw your updated photos. Wowza, you lookin' good Mama.

Cindy, how are the kittys? Pearl is scheduled for her spaying on Monday. I have never let a cat go into heat before, but I let this one slip me by. Gotta take action fast! I have an unneutered male cat in the house. He's so weird. He is basically feral even though he's a house cat. I am slipping, I always have taken care of these little surgeries in the past. He somehow seemed so damaged that I never had him done. I am thinking I probably still need to get him fixed as well, but will spread it out, he can go next month.
  • Hey gals!

Sorry I've been AWOL - work has been he!! and I've not been able to stay focused on any sort of food or workout plan. But, I'm into the habit of getting up at 6am right now, so I plan to get back into the gym habit this week - really, I mean it!

The kitties are good - wild and crazy. I will be happy once they get a little older and settle down some! Buoy is only 1.5 and is a terror most of the time! He gets the other 2 younger ones all riled up.

Just wanted to say hi - hope to get some stuff done this weekend!
    Cindy
  • Happy Saturday!

Work has been heavy duty for me, too. I've been trying to get a new job with the client i'm working with...it's finally starting to look like it might happen sometime this millenium.

I have pretty much just been in cardio mode - my arm has still not gone back to normal. I miss my bike. It's all dusty... (And NO - dusting it is not an option ) Jogging is getting more fun as I go along tho. I even got back on an elliptical the other day and it actually made me sore.

ledom - how did your doctor's appointment go? Hopefully some time opens up after handling all you family responsibilities that is just for you. Spring is coming..your kayak is calling you.

Cindy - One new habit down. Riled kitties racing around the house brings back good memories. The house is pretty quiet now that we are just down to 1 old dawg. Well...until someone touches the leash or food dish.

sirak -
  • Hope you all are doing good. Gina, I am joining you as a walking wounded. My knee!!! I haven't been to the Dr. yet, I don't think I was convinced until yesterday that it wouldn't just go away. I did not ever feel when it was injured but it is definitely not right. All of a sudden I am hyper aware that maybe gaining weight back could be part of it, not exercising. It's like now I am worried about being able to exercise I really want to exercise. It'll be a week before I even have time to schedule an appt. because, darn it, this is the busiest, most physically demanding week at work. Hanging the student show which consists of moving around about 150 pieces of art work and hanging a about a third of that after it is selected by the juror who comes today. Thank god for my student helper. I hope he rested up last night.
  • Hey Guys-

I am among the living and my leg feels tons better. How is everyone doing?

Spring is trying to break out here. Having trouble, but trying.

Hope you are all well and can see Spring on your horizon.
  • Hey ledom!
    I'm still trying to rest the arm. I have an appointment to get a cortisone shot but not until the 14th. I never was very patient...but I swear all the definition in my arms is GONE. Shoulda took pics.

Sorry to be such a downer.

So glad your leg is feeling better!! Spring has pretty much already sprung over here - I even mowed the lawn one handed a couple days ago.
  • I'm definitely in a funk - my weight keeps creeping up and up, and I've not done much to stop it. I'm a terrible stress eater, and my new job is WAY more stressful than the old one was. I know I need to start exercising, but I don't even think I have any shorts that will fit me!

Gina - lawn mowed already! We are shoveling snow this morning - got about 5" on Wednesday, and another 3" this morning!

Hey Ledom - glad your leg is feeling better.

Hi Sirak

We are going to Naple, FL for a long weekend - March 14 - 18th - I have an Aunt and Uncle there, and my sister is flying in from Ireland to spend a week with them at that time. I keep telling myself that just 2 weeks on the treadmill before then will make me feel so much better about myself - especially since they have a pool, and it's been 85 degrees down there! No clue what I'll wear in terms of shorts or capris....

I really need to shake this, but just can't seem to....
    Cindy
  • Cindy - pretty much in the same boat here. I have hit most of my work hurdles, though not quite at the home stretch yet, but the funk I got.

Gina - I am so sorry your arm is still bothering you. My leg totally got my attention. I know the recent weight gain did not help matters and is probably the very best reason I can think of to get out of the funk I am in.

I did a short kayak trip today. The sun was shining - it was good to get some vitamin C.

Sirak
  • Worked out this a.m.