Stay at Home Mom's #26

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Hi again!
    Yes Ginny I will do a final weigh in before the wedding. I'll post it sometimes friday. probably that afternoon since i weigh in the mornings. I'll be past my period too so it will be more accurate. Yes I am on a more balanced eating pattern lately. I'm not trying to lose that 9 lbs anymore. I'm just trying to lose 2. To get me to 135. I'll be happy with that for the wedding. And I think I'll lose those easily. Today went good. I had 10 glasses of water (plus one Diet Dr. Pepper with dinner) That's alot of liquid!! So I'm staying close to the bathroom. I'm at about 600 calories for today. I'll probably have a light snack before bed and that should put me with in a safe limit for the day. But I feel really good. These past two days have been really encouraging to me. My husband promised me to not let me eat over 1000 calories before this wedding. he's getting on the support band wagon. It's about time!!
    I hope you get to feeling better Ginny!! It seems like when you aredieting the cold hits harder. I take about 4000 to 8000 mg of Vit C everyday. I don't want to be sick ever again!! Plus you can never have too much Vit C. If your body doesn't need it it washes it out. No harm done. plus it is a natural diuretic and keeps the water retention down. I'm sure as a mother its hard to see your little girl have a "boyfriend" I cringe at the thought my 2 year old will someday be swapping spit with some *guy*. I think my husband already has plans to lock her until she's 18!!! How do you deal with it? She's so young!
    Well, I hope everyone else is having a nice evening. I know I am. Dinner is over with and now I think I will relax with a good book while the kids destroy what work I've put into this house today But it's worth it!!
  • Did anyone miss me?
    I lost this forum for a couple days, and I can see that it will take me a week to read up on all the happenings over the past 4 days. Yikes, that'll teach me to be computer illiterate

There's plenty of action on this site, and thought that I would re-introduce myself.... Janeane 47yo, 2 sons (11 & 9) and happily married, homeschool, live in the pacific northwest.

I'm heading back and reading all the old postings now, so that I can catch up on the news
  • Hello everybody!! Where has everyone been? the forum was down one day and now it seems nobody is posting. I hope everyone is doing ok.
    yesterday went well. I ended the day at about 890 calories and 12 glasses of water!! (plus one glass of Diet Dr. Pepper with dinner) So needless to say I was floating. But I weighed this morning. Even though I try not to the week before my period because I know the scale will go up with the water I retain. But curiosity got the best of me. So I weighed and I'm at 137. Which is great to see. because I am retaining alot of water so that means in a few days I will easily be at 135 or less!! When my system finally flushes the water out due to TOM. So I'm excited.
    Other than that all is calm on the homefront. The kids are being good this morning and I've already completed cleaning the house. All I have left to do today is some laundry and that's it. So it's going to be a nice leisurely day for me.
    I hope everyone else is doing great today and hope to hear from you guys soon!!
  • Hi!!
    I am going to be brief here........again this site is screwy, and I think it has lost 2 or 3 of my posts!!! (you are sick of me rambling on and on anyway!!!! ).

Spryng!!!!!!!!- Congrats!!!! I am so happy for you- getting down to 135 (ok, I am banking on that 2# of water weight!) What an inspiration for all of us. Great that Dh is assisting you with your eating (mine notices a change in my eating, but considers most of it inedible because it is low fat, well, lets just see whose cholesterol is lower in late February when we get our annual blood check!!!!!!!) Glad that the kids are behaving, it makes life so much easier. Hope that the rest of your weekend goes well!

Janeane- of course we missed you and remember you!!!!!! This thread was so slow in mid December- and it has picked up so much! I would expect that it will slow down a bit, so many get inspired by January 1- and well, then life catches up with them.
    But we are thankful for each and everyone of you and glad to see you back. BTW, this site has been down for a while- and posting was impossible, so you could not have posted even if you wanted to!!! How is dieting going? I forgot, how are you going about trying to lose?

As for me, today was a pretty good day, staying "op". (its about time!) Breakfast was kind of rocky but I finished up well. I got a walk in (both Dd's came with me, so my speed was not all there, but I guess any walk is better than none).

Gotta go, kids are self destructing. BTW- Dd (the older one) has been a bit better, kind of subdued after that nonsense the other nite. I know that we are in for a week of it with her, as we refused to drive her to the mall tonite to see her BF (they are back together). But I will take one day at a time...........
    Have a great weekend! Drink that water!
    Ginny
  • Opps........
    I forgot, I want to keep logging in my weight to keep my inspiration up!!!!!! And remember the Valentines Day challenge!!!!!!! (take 5 pounds off by then)

178 (0nce 183 )/159/135 (maybe 130)
    thanks for putting up with me.
    Ginny
  • Ginny we don't "put up with you"!! We like you and love to hear how your day went whether you rant or not. I love it. It's nice that your daughters went for a walk with you. I can't wait until my kids are older and can do that too. My DH works crazy hours these days so I'm on my own and that never gets me out and walking. But I did get in a little strength training in this morning. I have 5 lb dumbells that I worked with. I'm focusing on my arms and back right now. It really wore me out so I'm sure ti burned a few calories.
    Guess what?!? I actually made a low cal dinner for the entire family tonight and was able to eat with them!! I made a turkey breast and some rice a roni and some green beans. I had 4 oz of turkey, 3/4 cup of the rice (mmmm...I forgot how good rice a roni is) and 1 cup of green beans. All together it was 380 calories. Not bad huh?? I was so excited and it was so much better than a frozen meal. Not that I don't like healthy choice because I do. I love their pizza and a few other dishes but nothing beats a home cooked meal. I'm going to try to do it more often.
    I got my water in today. 10 glasses. I found that if I drink 4 glasses after breakfast with my multi-vitamin and vit C then getting the rest in is a breeze. I usually hit 8 before dinner. So whatever I have with dinner is extra. That's how I've been drinking 10-12 glasses a day lately. It's making me feel really good.
    Thanks for the congrats ginny. I know the scale doesn't say 135 yet but it will in a few more days. I just know it. So thank you!! Actually since I've been so good these last four days it may say something even lower. I'll let everyone know on friday. That will be my final weigh before the wedding.
    Well, I did it again. rambled on and on. Sometimes I just never want to end these posts I love it here. I know what you guys are thinking. Get a life. or a hobby. But the internet is my hobby for now!! Talk to you guys tomorrow. Another day down. A lifetime more to go.
  • Still going strong
    I weighed in this am and lost 4 more pounds, yea, yea, yea!!!! I'm down 14%, pretty cool.

Ginny; I'm on Adkins, it works well for me, I am pre-diabetic and want to keep it that way..... probably caused by all those years of yo-yo dieting (so says the doctor). Anyway, I'm never hungry, and at this point don't have food cravings, plus I have more energy that I have had in months.

Spryng; you go girl, the day is close at hand and you deserve a big pat on the back for your success.

It's snowing up on the passes, and they expect for it to be coming down in buckets in town in the early morning yikes, that's super news.

I'm still on for the Valentine's challenge.

My goal for the following week is to exercise 5 times a week and to eat nourishing complete meals daily, plus drink 1/2 my body weight in water.
  • Hello
    Hi everyone.
    I too had some trouble getting in the last few days. Glad to be back.
    Wow, it must be so great to be so close to your goal weight. I keep feeling if I could just see some kind of "result" that I would then be motivated to really keep watching my diet and exercising. wish I could get past this "diet" mentalety (sp?) and stop looking for fast results. I know it will take time but it is just so defeating sometimes. For those of you who dont know I am 27 and 5'7 and weight 220. I was once under 140 and that body is in here somewhere ha ha. I too feel that this time it is "for real" I really have no more excuses no matter how long it takes I have got to get this weight off. There is a lady I have been talking with at the Y who sells Herbalife. Does anyone know anything about it?? I would love some feed back on it from someone who does not SELL it. You know what I mean? She is nice enough and she has lost 100 lbs using it but I would like to hear some success stories from people who dont wanna make money off of me. Maybe it really is good. I have tried everything else why not try it??
    Well on a "stressful" note - my hubby and I have found a new place to live and signed the contract to buy a new house closing the 31st of Jan. I am trying to not let myself get too "frazzled" because then I just eat and eat with our even thinking. Seems like if anything is on my mind - the first thing I put on the back burner is my diet. I have to remember that life brings stress and I must deal with it and still live my life.
    Night.
  • Hi Everyone!! How is your day? Mine is going pretty good. My DH is home and that usually means eating alot. It's hard for me to eat low cal with him around. But I'm doing ok. I had some left over rice for lunch and that's all so far. I'm heading to a friends house to practice makeup and hair for the wedding this saturday so as long as their isn't junk food around I'll do good today.
    cdm- I've heard of herbalife but never looked into it. You might try epionions.com and look it up there. It is a site for people to write their opinion on products and services. But the one thing I do know about diet pills even "natural" ones is that they don't work. I have yet to find one that does. I tried a few before dieting and nothing worked for me. I even tried a berry one that "guarenteed" results for 60 dollars a bottle and I just gained weight. Plus if you happen to find one that works you have to take it forever. if you quit the pills you gain the weight back. So in the end you have to focus on what you are eating. Dieting. But maybe this one is different. Let us know.
    skimom- that is so great!! You have already lost 10 lbs in less than a month! That's the great thing about atkins. You lose fast. Did you ever check out that site I gave you www.atkinsfriends.com It's a great site for atkins dieters. I use to live there. How much water is 1/2 your weight??? That sounds like alot of water. Many find that if they drink more than 120 oz they may retain it instead of flushing it out. And that made some stall in their weight loss. So even too much water can be bad for you. So don't drown in it!!
    I hope everyone else is doing good too. I'll check back in tonight. Bye!!
  • Hi! Just a quick hello and a quick read to see how everyone is doing. Janeane, Spryng and CDM- glad that you had time to post and say hello.
    Gotta go- I am thinking about all of you and hope to check again later tonite. Have a great evening!
    Ginny
  • Hi everyone!!
    How is everyone's day going? These last two days for me has been stressful but I haven't vented by eating. (even though I really wanted to) My mom and I aren't getting along right now and I'm not sure why. She sulks for awhile until she tells me what I did. (which I'm sure isn't anything worth getting upset about.) And then I did the final fitting of the dress. The good news is it fits great. The bad news is....it's so ugly. I hadn't seen it completely finished and now I have. I was really upset by it. She is going for a fairytale theme and my dress is suppose to be a princess dress. Well I look like I should be trick or treating not a matron of honor. But it's her wedding. I'm there to support her on her big day. So I'm putting my personal feelings behind and just not dwelling on it. Because when I do it makes me very upset. It's just a dress right? Clothes don't make a person.
    But I haven't went over 1000 cal in 5 days now. I'm very proud of myself. But I think I'm at a stall!!!! I'm still 137!! if you guys can tell me how to break a stall I'm all for it. I'm drinking 10-12 glasses of water a day and eating right. I just don't understand how I could not be losing any weight. Please help!!
  • This post better show up!

Hi!

I'm here & have been but it seems as though my posts don't stay around too long! I spent over an hour on 2 posts & neither stuck around long enough to have everyone read them!
    So.....I'll just make this simple. I'm reading your posts(at least the ones that show up) & I'm still part of the 5# Valentine's Day Challenge. I did get brave this a.m. & hopped on the scale. I'm sure I've lost a few of the 5#, but I guess I'll have to take todays weight as my starting weight. If I keep doing what I have been doing, I'm sure I'll make it even if I use today as my starting weight. I re-joined the "Y" on Friday & by Sunday, I felt like an old Granny! I did the whole circuit of weight training & then went home & rode my recumbent bike for an hour. Today was my 2nd day back to the "Y" & did my full circuit & when I got home, I cleaned the snow from our long.......driveway, along with clearing a path to our mailbox & did the sidewalks. It took me an hour, so this is my exercise for today. I'm too pooped to get on the bike! Well, it's time for me to pick up DD from school. I'll try & post more later, that is if this post shows up. See yah all later.

**Jackie**
  • Hi jackie. Did you know that stay at home moms 27 has been started?? I didn't know until I went out to the support forum. So I guess we need to post there now.
    You have been getting in alot of exercise!! You'll have that 5 lbs off with no problem. I'm doing the challenge too. I just have forgot to mention it. My starting weight is 137. Where I am presently stuck!! What diet are you on? You probably told everyone but I've forgotton.