Weekly Chat Sept 24 - Sept 30

You're on Page 7 of 7
Go to
  • carmezz and misschriss _ Congrats on both your losses !! that is awesome!

amber - I well def check in with you after the game. dont beat yourself up though honey, TOM can cause Major water weight gain! If you don't mind the suggestion, I'd try drinking a TON of water today (add lemon if you can - diructic (i need to find out how to spell that word) and being "on plan" and weigh yourself again tomorrow. I bet you will see a difference. As for the ball game - I think you are right to try to skip everything - ballpark food is the devil! haha BUT maybe you can sneak in a fun snack for yourself or treat yourself to one after? (ie fresh popped pop corn? etc)

TGIF ladies! I am weighing sun to see if I made it to 136... fingers crossed!
  • we had our date tonight and it was great and if all goes well it wont be over just yet lol
    oh and i need to do a ticker update i'm so stoked lol
  • Good morning everyone!

I am kinda freaking out right now. I had my first exam in my anatomy & physiology due last night at midnight. (It's an online course and the tests are administered online through special software called CourseCompass.) Well, my computer has been acting weird for a couple of weeks, I actually called Dell about it three days ago. Internet Explorer will just randomly shut down with an error every 5 or 10 or 15 minutes. The test is set up so that if you shut the browser during the test, you fail... and you only have one chance to take the test. Once you open it, that's it. Well I didn't want to open the test, knowing that IE would just shut it down within 15 minutes. I emailed my professor several times to tell her of the problem. She is very strict about late assignments though, and I'm worried she won't give me an extension of a day or two to get the comp problems figured out. I couldn't sleep at all last night. I just really want to get an A in this class. I love biology! She hasn't responded to my emails yet so I still don't know if I will still be allowed to take the test even though it was due yesterday. If she doesn't allow it, I won't be able to get anything higher than a B in the course, and that's if I do excellent on everything else in the course. I am just the type of person who always strives for an A when I know I am capable of it. I am so nervous and scared.

I'm trying to calm myself down, after all a B is not a bad grade, esp. in a course like A&P which is very difficult by nature. I am just very anxious (I have anxiety probs anyways) and can't stop obsessing about it.
  • Well ladies my eating was not good yesterday! But I did find a good place to take dancing lessons!!! I'm so excited I can't wait for my first lesson!

I've got to get me eating 2gether, I really need to do a juice fast because I feel like I'm full of 'you kno what.' My bowels have not been what they should be. 2 days of nothing but apple juice will surely clean me out.

I hope u ladies have a wonderful weekend, I've got to work all weekend!!

Good Luck wih ur eating!!!
  • omg i went out last night like i havent gone out in a while... made smart drink choices (wine and champ) as opposed to vodka tonics or something else higher cals... BUT forgot to factor in drunk munchies and made a grilled cheese last night (250) so im sure i prob had over the amount of cals i should have for losing ... BUT that being said i think i prob had around 2,000 so ill call it a maintenance day and think how much better i did than normal going out nights (which might entail 4-5 vodka tonics (250*5) plus some drunk food like 2 slices pizza (600) etc.

anyways im feeling good - had fun and it was worth going a little crazy.

haha got my halloween costume and im going to look like a marshan but whatever it will be fun - its not "sexy" like in the pic but oh well!

anyways hope everyone is well... have a great saturday!
  • Oh man- I went out hard core last night too. Stuck to vodka sodas last night but unfortunately lost track of how many I had... Bad bad bad. Also made a late night Taco Bell run! Gotta let it go. At least I burned some of it off shaking my groove thang
  • Well, I was so busy yesterday I didn't have time to eat dinner before going to the Sox game. *sigh* I had only eaten just under 400 calories on the day before I left (I was that busy), so I was pretty hungry when I got the park. I had nachos first. Then I had a slice of pizza. Then I had a churro. And I drowned it all with a miller light.

~ 1500 calories on the day I'm hoping. So, all is not lost. But the fat calories!!!!!!!
  • Well, sometimes the weekend calls for a little indulgence. I personally drink very rarely but that is because I have a kind of a history of binge drinking (in college), and I don't want to get into that again. It caused me to gain a LOT of weight! (Not to mention other probs.)

Annnnyways, I have some sorta-good news.. My A&P prof let me take the test last night. And I got an 82, which is not that great but not too bad either. The thing is, she is deducting 10 pts from my grade as a result of it being late. So I really got a 72. The upside to this is, I had 20 extra credit points from earlier in the course, so they can get added to my grade. So in the end, it's REALLY a 92. LOL.
  • thats great on your test grade
  • Well the scale was at 191 this morning which is good because I slipped up bad last night (burger king).

Good News: My dance classes start on Wednesday! I am so excited! I can't wait! I've been e-mailing the studio owner and she is actually starting a free class this month that is a mixture of modern/jazz/lyrical dance, it's called Mojazical! It sounds great! I'm going to also take a hip-hop class on Wed the Mojazical class is on Thurs.

Thank you ladies for encouraging me not to stop looking!
  • misschris- good job on your test- glad it worked out!

jusj - that class sounds fun!

and me... I weighed in at 136.5! ill take it! anyways having a good weekend... hope everyone else is!
  • Down 2 more pounds Did well Friday with only a few Amstel Lights. Mmmmm...Amstel Lights.

Carmezz-Depending on what you get, Taco Bell can actually be an okay choice for a diet. Beans, soft tortilla--not many calories

Jana- woohoo! Dance class! I'm anxiously awaiting my Bollywood workout Dvd in the mail. I'll let you all know how it is.

Amber--could have been a lot worse. You did good, hon! I frequent the park, so I feel ya.

Off to enjoy this beautiful weather. Tata!