Hello from Texas!

• Hi everyone,

Glad I found this site, everyone's success stories are very motivational.

I am a 25 yr old British girl. I married a Texan last year and emigrated to the States. I also put on 30lbs on arrival (think it has something to do with the super-super-sized portions!).

We're wanting to start a family but I would really like to shift some of the unwanted weight.

I started last week at 181lbs and am now on 176lbs (most of this was water weight I'm sure!). I've started watching my calorie and fat intake, trying to increase my protein intake and keeping my carbs balanced.

I work out 3 times a week with weights and cardio. I also do martial arts twice a week and am about to start belly dancing again. So hopefully I'll be able to get on track (and into my skinny clothes again!) ... perhaps a little more toned than last time too.

I just need to stick with it! And try and avoid the candy dish as much as possible!

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Best wishes,
    Vicki
  • Welcome and Good luck Vicki!!!

What part of Texas r u n?
  • I'm in West Texas between Midland and Abilene. Big change from the UK! LOL
  • Got family out in Abilene, good luck to you, this site and the ladies (and gents) on here are wonderful!
  • Hello! I'm new here also....DFW area.
  • Hi Jazzy,

Whereabouts in the DFW area are you?

I'm heading to FW today to the Central Market to see a celtic band play
  • austinchild, sorry I didn't check the board earlier today. I live in south Mesquite.
  • Hi there! Just wanted to add my hello from Texas as well. I from Central Texas near Austin and am also new to the site. Hoping this site leads me to some great tips on living healthy.
  • Hi, what part of the UK are you from? I am a Texan (well, kinda--I only moved here 7 years ago) that married a Brit...and I too am trying to lose the weight to get ready to have a baby! Good luck to you, I really hope you reach your goal!
  • I just moved from DFW
    I just moved from Mesquite to Belton in central Texas, and am new on this site. I need help to figure out how to do the signature and the ticker thing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
  • Welcome, AugustChild!

LOL, from the UK to Texas? Oh, that's gotta be a big adjustment!

You are so right about our super-duper size portions! I keep reading that a "normal" portion of food is about the size of a fist. (!!!)

Lots of friendly people here & good info. Good luck!
  • Quote: I just moved from Mesquite to Belton in central Texas, and am new on this site. I need help to figure out how to do the signature and the ticker thing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    Hi HeadChick!

Welcome to you, too!

To make yourself a ticker, go to the top of the page, click "Quick Links". Scroll about 1/2 way down, then click on Signature Weight Ticker!

Just post if you need more help :-)
  • Waves from the old country
  • Quote: Hi, what part of the UK are you from? I am a Texan (well, kinda--I only moved here 7 years ago) that married a Brit...and I too am trying to lose the weight to get ready to have a baby! Good luck to you, I really hope you reach your goal!
    I was born and raised in the south east of England about 80 miles nw of London.

Good luck on your weightloss/baby making journey!!