is my scale accurate. is your weight in the morning right?

• I weighed myself yesterday moring and I am 136! I was 142 two days ago so that means i lost 6 pounds. idk i think its accurate. is your weight in the morning really your real weight?
  • Depends, you should always weigh in at the same time of day, wearing the same, and on the same scale! I weigh in the morning after I go to the rest room. That is the weight I go by.
  • I agree - same time is important BUT I also think once a week is enough. There can be so many reasons that your weight fluctuates on a day to day basis. What you have eaten, water retention from salt etc. If you just do it once a week you get a better overall picture of what is going on. I do it every two weeks.
  • I have read that people who weigh themselves every day actually lose weight faster than those that do it every week or every two weeks. I think it has to do with being aware of those little ups and downs, you can react quicker to a few slip ups when you see their impact on the number.
    First and foremost though - Same time, same scale, same clothes(Or Not)...
  • i weigh myself every morning and i lost 6 pounds that morning. im up to like 137 now so i guess it was right
  • Hey Sweetlovin -

I just thought of something I wanted to mention to you (not necessarily related to this thread). I read in a different thread that you are interested in being a fashion model or actress. At your goal weight BMI, you'll be medically excluded from some major modeling markets - a ban on models with a BMI under 18.5 is currently in force in Madrid and Italy, and being considered in NYC.

Thought you might be interested in this, if you are truly interested in going for a modeling career.
  • Quote: I agree - same time is important BUT I also think once a week is enough. There can be so many reasons that your weight fluctuates on a day to day basis. What you have eaten, water retention from salt etc. If you just do it once a week you get a better overall picture of what is going on. I do it every two weeks.
    And oddly, that's exactly why I weigh daily - if I weighed weekly & had eaten a salty meal the day before a weigh-in I might not be getting a true picture of where I really was from the week before.
    The most sensible advice I've ever seen on weighing is to weigh daily, and average weekly. That's where you'll get your best picture of where you really stand. (That was from the Carb Addict's book, by the way.)
    The other thing weighing daily has done is show me what makes me retain water - some things are obvious, like restaurant food & pickles - others were surprising, like ibuprofen.
    But having said all that - the weight I go with is first thing in the morning, after the bathroom, no clothes on.