can not understand why

• I have been on la weight loss for 6 wks and I only lost 4 pounds. I can't understand why and I am tired of trying and trying and nothing can help. Has anyone have this problem. I am on the gold plan. Thanks for any help or answer I receive d
  • D>

Please take a few mintues to post your food logs for at least the past week. Include ALL diet soda, tea, water, etc that you consumed so that we can take a look at it. What is your COD saying? Anything?

Also, you don't show your stats: HOw much are you wanting to lose, what is your height and weight. If you are going this on your own, it may be that you started with to low of a plan. THose are just someof my thoughts. We will try to help.
  • OK Here goes. I usually have 1/2 em with butter on it for breakfast, or 1 egg with 1 slice of bread,

snack is always a la lite bar,

lunch usually is a salad with cuc and tomatoes (I am not a salad lady but I am trying) or a sand with turkey, cheese and mustard.

Summer usually a hamburger, chicken and vegetables with yogurt.

Snack is usually la lite and a piece of fruit.

I usually have everything I need. Sometimes I do go over. I am on thyriod meds so I know that slows you down. I am just hoping one day to show up and lose about 5 pounds in one week. I can't figure out how to do all that cool stuff that everyone has on themself so that is why I don't have anything. I started at 158 and now I usually go for 153 to 154. I would love to see 135 again but the way I am going it looks like it isn't going to happen.
  • D, Do you know if you started on L.A. Express? If so, on express red meats are not allowed, also are you using low fat margarine, lite wheat bread, low-fat low-sodium turkey, and what kind of dressing and cheeses are you using? It really does help to be specific. Its easier for you to memorize exactly what you need and its easier for us to help and your COD to know exactly what to do for you.
  • I wanted to stop by and let you know that most people who see really large losses, are having the large losses in the beginning because they are starting out much larger than you are.

The closer you are to your goal weight, the slower the weight loss.

The reason why this is so, is because the more you weigh, the more calories your body uses doing everyday activities. Basically, if you started out at 158, like you stated, and the woman next to you started out at 258, she is going to lose faster than you, because she is 100 pounds larger and is carrying around 100 pounds of resistance with her with every step, through the entire day.

Most women with a lot to lose commonly WILL lose 5 pounds a week for the first couple weeks...then it slows to 3-4...and after they lose the first 10-20 pounds, it will start being more like 1-2 pounds per week.

Since you are starting out pretty small already (your starting weight is many people's goal weight) then your weight loss is going to be slower. You aren't doing anything wrong.

Actually, a healthy rate of weight loss is 1-2 pounds per week. Many people see larger losses in the very beginning if they are large to begin with...but it doesn't stay that way for the entire ride. That is why people really struggle with the last 10 pounds. When you get near goal, you really have to work for every pound, and it comes off slower.

Are you exercising at all? This will help, because you will be burning more calories off.
  • I have a question about your food diary - What is 1/2 em with butter on it?
    I was on gold and now I am on plan 2. I am about near your weight now. I am very much on plan and I am losing less than 1 pound a week at this point in my weight loss journey. I like to tell myself that I am "ouncing down". Not pounds, ounces. You have to continue to believe....even though the process is slow. We are in it for the long run. I exercise 45 minutes a day; 5 days a week at least. Don't get discouraged. That is the most important thing. You are doing this plan for the best of reasons and you will be better off because you are doing the plan and losing the weight.... Take care.
    P.S. I just looked back at your food diary and noticed the cheese. I have taken myself off of cheese because I cannot find hard cheese (cheddar, colby) that meets the new guidelines for cheese which is 3 grams of fat or less per ounce (LA weightloss franchise numbered plans).

199/155/?
  • I assumed em was english muffin...
  • Hi
    I have lost 13 in 14.5 weeks - yes, I think it is slow but I too am on medication and that makes a difference. What keeps me going? My clothes fit better, I have more energy and I feel so much better about myself!
    Have to concentrate on other things besides what the number on the scale says! If you are doing this program...you will lose weight, your body has no choice....Attitude will make a difference!