September chatter

You're on Page 1 of 8
Go to
  • Well it's actually September and I always get caught out by equating September with autumn and therefore no sunshine. So we go out on long runs like yesterday and get burned

Although it's not too bad
  • Wow, September huh?

I have started a new diet so am not enjoying my lunch - well I like the beetroot bit but not the cottage cheese with it!!! I am having 3 ryvita dark rye with beetroot and cottage cheese. I am hoping that the beet will mask the yuckness of the cottage cheese!

I have not been on the scales for a long while but I just know that I have put on loads cos I am now officially a size 20! I must do something cos most og mt 18's -even the stretchy waist ones cut me in two whenever I try to put them on.

Oh Happy Days.

I am going for an interview next week and am bricking it! Where I have worked for 16 years I have just 'slid' into jobs here with only very informal interviews. Still, the more I go to the more I will get used to I guess. The Reed people were ringing me all last week but I was not feeling up to going to see them - I felt lousey last week and have been sneezing and seem to have a 'sore head' . I reckon I am run down and possibly getting a cold. EEk.
  • Ooops I posted on August Natterings oh well.

Good Luck Peacock i'm sure that you'll do well

September already i've got two birthdays coming up this month my daughter and my sister I must remember to post their cards early enough. I'm being a real couch potato today can't find the motivation to need to move and do some housework at least

Don't know why but sometimes I have to log in again after i've already posted its weird
  • Can't say I've been the best example of healthiness the past couple of days. We did do a 16 mile run but also ate tons of cakes and pizza at the same time! At least it kept us going!

Yesterday was ok until I got home and was still absolutely exhausted and po'd about my sore knee and had a really healthy dinner, but then topped it up with chocolate, banana chips, cream crackers, etc etc!

Ah well, at least I get to train today! Yesterday would've probably been better if I'd done some exercise, but I'm sure I needed the rest.
  • I hope you don't mean you were running AND eating pizza and cakes at the same time!!!! That would conjour up quite a picture!!!!
  • Just slipping across the ocean to peek in on JenFrus. I miss her. Isn't she great?
  • hey everyone!! Hope u are having a good summer.

Good luckwith the interview pecock!!

My birthday is this friday andd am going to be 20!!! Iam officially not a teen any more ... iam all grown up, exicitng!!! But alos a lil sad, i do like being immature teenager!

But any way i think am going to do a maple syrup detox leading upto my birthday! I have 2 and a half days - so mite lose a pound or something on the way too - but one of my friends did it last weekend and said that she thought it was really good and cleaned out her system! so woth a go even if u have to live on water lemonjuice and maple syrup really! am gonna miss chewing!! lol

ur rite frus... the weather is pretty hot fro sept tember.... but i wann it to stay so till friday it will be nice to have a sunny birthday!

xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Awww! Shmoo will be all grown up on Friday!

Don't worry - I am 47 and there is a teenager inside me trying to get out. It tends to get out when I go to mum's!

By the way - whilst trawling the net I came across 2 sites with recipes on them -

http://www.markcrook.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13

http:http://www.lifestyle-slimming.co.uk/...pe_archive.htm

The second is quite basic recs, the other one has some Slimming World and WW recipes.
  • Shmoo - Happy Birthday for friday. I'm 33 and still a teenager inside!
  • peacock - yes running, then stopping for a pizza or cake break! Although I could probably manage to eat my carbo gels and jelly-babies on the run, I don't think I could run while eating pizza!
  • Happy September everyone.

I feel disgusting, first day back to school and we had so much free food. All kinds of crap which I definitely ate too much of. I have to tutor this afternoon and am planning to go for a run at 5, hopefully I will be mostly digested by then.

My friend and I are applying for a grant next summer to study in London for a couple of weeks, I'll be very excited if it goes through!!!

Shmoo happy early birthday, 20 seems so long ago....well I guess it was 20 years ago.

Chris if you're around, I hope you're enjoying this weather, September is my favorite month to visit the cape, no tourists and great weather.
  • Pizza breaks mid run! Whatever works I suppose well done on getting the mileage in anyway.

New York has FINALLY been officially announced, and I sent off my first sponsorship cheque today so it's definitely on. I'm starting to get rather excited about it now (although the great north run is shaping up to be equally good now I've seen the names of some of the people who are taking part).

I'm ticking over, weight up a bit since Italy (unsurprisingly), and I'm trying to get some consistency back into my running. I didn't do a long run at the weekend because I was doing a relay for my running club (and 11 miles off road no longer counts as a long run...), but hopefully I'll crack 20 on Saturday. My mum left to go back to Spain yesterday, and my dad's arriving for a week on Monday. I'm not sure how much I'll see him mind you, although thinking about it he might be relieved if he manages to avoid eating the type of food I normally cook!

Shmoo - happy birthday. I remember my 20th, hard to believe I'm coming up to 30 now.
  • Happy birthday for friday Schmoo!
    20 seems like a very dim and distant memory to me.
  • Happy birthday Shmoo!!! It's my friends 21st on Saturday the're having a dinner party. Then on Sunday a Back to America themed party. Hmmm this should be fun!! I havent got a clue what to wear.

I'm down 4 pounds this morning!!Nice to see the scales mving again. I really wanna get back in the gym or at leats swimming agen. I'm nursing a cup of lemsip as I type cos i can feel a slight cold comming on. Not now my baby is coming next week!!

YPI-How do you keep yourself motivated? What tips do you have on me tryna get my butt back working out. I was a work out nut before and was working out almost 4 times a week.

I've got a car now so i really have no excuse to not go swimming. I've got my driving test on Sunday. any tips?
  • SlimmingWorldChick - I'm not sure that I am motivated, it's just habit... That and having races in the calendar that I want to do well in and enjoy. So at the moment I train because I know I need to so I can get round Amsterdam and New York. Then after that I'm sure there will be something else to take its place. Also I enjoy it, which helps.