NSV of a different kind

• This isn't really my NSV, except indirectly, but I thought I'd share it anyway:

I walk back and forth to work every day. It's only a 12-15 minute walk, albeit all uphill on the way in, so it's not a huge deal. Still, if DH is out running errands in the afternoon, he often offers to pick me up on the way home. Unless it's pouring rain, the new me says something like, "no thanks, I could use the exercise."

Last week, my 5-year old was visiting me at my office. When it was time for him to go, I asked him whether he wanted DH to walk over to pick him up or pick him up in the car. He said, very casually, "let's walk so that we can get the exercise." He was clearly just repeating what he had heard me say, but even so he made a great choice.

Sometimes it seems like kids only pick up bad habits from their parents and peers, but the truth of the matter is that they'll pick up the good ones, too. And if that isn't a NSV, I'm not sure what is!

Kim
  • That's great. You should feel proud that you're teaching your son such a good way of thinking.
  • Not only is he learning good health habits, but that is just so sweet. He wants to be with you and do what you do. Love it!