Name Changes/New Plans/ Rebates!?!?!?

• I have been searching and getting really a lot of mixed info so I am throwing it out there again. My center changed its name to Pure Weight Loss. Fine. Things at my center seem the same. There was no requirement to buy lites or slimdowns. They have a new rebate system where you can earn pure bucks. They brought out the glycemic index info and new plans that are still on the color coded system but with updated food guides etc. This lends me to believe that I won't be seeing the new plan anytime soon if ever. Is there anyone here whose center is doing the same thing? Does anyone go to a Pure Weight Loss Center who is on the "new" numbered plan?
  • Not me! Sorry!
  • Wow! I'm having the same experience. We are awaiting the arrival of the "new books" which are still colored and are going by a new Glycemic index system? I said, this is it?? We also have pure bucks. I'm kind of let down bc they kept talkign about new new new, so I just assumed that meant the new numbered plan everyone here was getting. My center changed to pure weight loss almost three weeks ago. They are a corporate center. Kinda weird!
  • I haven't sat down and really looked at the new book...but it is pretty much they same except they have bullets next to the items that are low on the G index and you are suppose to try to incorporate one in each meal.

Maybe LA and Pure are going to end up being really different?
  • I have heard that the Corporate Centers will have the Glycemic Plans and be still the colored plans. The Franchise Centers will have the new number plans. A little weird that a Weight Loss center would have different plans depending on which one you go to. My center has also lost almost all of their staff. Only 2 girls are left. I went Saturday to weigh in and there is usually 5 girls working and this day there were only 2 with 7 in the waiting room. I did a quick weigh in and left. Find I am doing that more often- my 2 year old just rips the place apart looking for the "cookies."
  • My dh is in the same boat. There are three different types of centers... licenced centers, corporate centers (his) and franchises. The corporate centers seem to be staying with the colored books and putting more emphasis on GI. We are still waiting on the new GI included books, they haven't received the one he is on, so they gave him another color to get an idea of the changes.
    Seems to me like they are trying to be "all things to all people"...
    Hope this helps.
  • my center is also corporate owned and knows NOTHING about the new plans, i had to inform them of the numbered plans and different changes.. they are looking into it. as far as they know, they are superficially changing (the name, etc) but the plans are all the same.
  • What's Happening at Staten Island, NYC COD
    Hi, all -

I went to my center today and they have a letter/flyer out stating that as of August 27, LAWL is changing name to Pure Weight Loss. Along with the new name some of the enhancements will be a new and improved senior plan, an expanded dining out guide and a new Glycemic Index Control guide that includes additional food choices to help you select "good" carbs. They are going to offer all clients a complimentary home program membership and a limited time sale on select products. The name change does not affect terms and conditions of enrollment agreements. This is all summarized from the flyer.

My COD is a corporate center and the counselor told me they are doing this to break away from the franchise centers who "have a lot of customer service/pr problems".

Right now they're having a sale on lites and weeks, but no new books until September 4th and it sounds like we'll still have the colored plans. My counselor said it's not much of a change plan wise - just trying to help people pick more fiberous, filling food.

I'll hop back on 3FC next week if we actually get the plan.

Melissa aka videochick
  • Interesting, I found out at my WI on Friday that my COD was just "bought out" by corporate. We had already moved to the numbered plans so it should be interesting to see. I asked if they were changing to Pure Weight Loss and the response was "not yet".
  • Hey Everyone. My center changed over to Pure in early August but I just got my plan last week. It is the same as it was. Still the colored plan but now it is centered more on the glycemic index. I really couldn't find much else different about it. Also the dining out guide is slightly expanded.
  • My corporate cod changed to Pure Weight Loss, and I received my new gold book with notes about the glycemic index. Overall, my plan is the same.
    They didn’t talk to me about pure bucks yet. Any insight into how you get those? Is it an earning system?

Thanks!
  • Holly - my COD told me that you earn Pure Bucks by doing various things like losing 5 lbs in a week, weighing in 3 times a week, referring a friend, purchasing things and then you get so much off depending on how much was spent - stuff like that. I haven't really put much thought to earning any of their bucks. I suppose I should check into it further though. Hope this helps.
  • Quote: Holly - my COD told me that you earn Pure Bucks by doing various things like losing 5 lbs in a week, weighing in 3 times a week, referring a friend, purchasing things and then you get so much off depending on how much was spent - stuff like that. I haven't really put much thought to earning any of their bucks. I suppose I should check into it further though. Hope this helps.
    Yep, that's it. But, of course, they didn't stress to me about earning them any other way than by spending money. You can use them to purchase products. Of course, I don't usually buy stuff from them. My fave counsellor jokes that if I ever buy anything, she'll faint!

BTW, My COD changed to Pure about a month or so ago. But nothing yet about any new plans. I'm still on the same old Red. But that's fine with me.