Started work-outs again today and noticed....

• that I actually sweat now!

My husband and I started walking 4 miles a day, 5 days a week back in March, and we kept it up until June... well, when we first started walking, I would get really freaked out because I never would sweat. I might have a small amount of dampness on my forehead towards the end of the 4 miles. Well, my husband started back up with the 4 mile thing about 3 weeks ago. I didn't go with him because of the heat, and we have kids and I didn't want to get our kids out in the heat (up in the triple digits the past few weeks). I opted for the treadmill in our clubhouse here. So, I started doing that today with the treadmill. Keep in mind, the room stays at a constant 65 degrees. Before the first mile was even up, I was actually sweating - beads of sweat falling off of my face and neck! I'm wondering if this has to do with the fact that we rarely eat salt anymore (we haven't for over 4 months now). We buy the "no salt added" veggies, we don't put salt on any food, we buy low or no sodium when we can. It was a relief to actually sweat today though - it felt good!
    Has this happend to anyone else before?
  • It's possibly because you're becoming more fit. The fitter you become the more efficient your body becomes at cooling itself off...so you sweat sooner...
  • Yep, it's a sign that you're in better shape. Celebrate that sweat!!!

I didn't sweat that much when I first started walking but now that I run a fair amount of miles, I sweat like crazy. And I start sweating right away. I mean, rivers of sweat all over me, seriously. It's disgusting but fantastic, really.
  • well, I never thought I'd ever be so excited to sweat in my entire life!
  • This is the first time I've heard anything about sweat. I don't sweat much myself. Does anyone know why you start sweating more when you're in better shape?? It's interesting!

LondonJulz, never thought I'd say this about sweat but, awesome, good for you!!