What music are you exercising to?

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • So what's everyone working out to here? I'm on my usual Depeche Mode kick with a bit of Marilyn Manson, Morrissey, Smiths, Erasure, Portishead and New Order mixed in.
  • OK, so did you steal my music collection?????

I have nothing on at the moment, but as soon as I start at the gym again, I'll be cranking up the old iPod
  • when i run it's to a mix of noise and industrial. the heavy beat keeps my legs moving!
  • I am going to see Prince next weekend (OMFG so excited!!!!1) so I have broken out all of the old school stuff, most particulary the "1999" album and have downloaded a lot of the B-sides as well. I am also quite partial to the new Kanye West single, "Stronger."

But my musical taste is very eclectic so I will be bored with that soon! One old workout favorite for me though is Primal Scream's "Screamadelica." Never gets old!
  • NIN, Smashing Pumpkins, Sisters of Mercy,Korn, My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult etc.
  • I went through my Itunes and rated all my songs and put the 4 and 5 star ones on my Ipod shuffle. Mostly GirlyGoth/EBM/TripHop.

Collide, Switchblade Symphony, The Birthday massacre, VNV, Covenant, Aseemblage 23, Portishead, Massive Attack, The Cure tend to pop up a lot on my MP3 player.
  • Mainly NIN...some Korn, some Nirvana, some Linkin Park, some Deftones, and some Chevelle would be other popular choices of mine.
  • really similiar!! a few songs from each:

- marilyn manson
    - smashing pumpkins
    - lots of hard house/electronic with crazy beats
    - christina aguilera
    - yeah yeah yeahs
  • Linkin Park, (said with an embarrassed face) Kelly Clarkson, Extol, Mortal Treason..... anything that makes me work harder...lol
  • Mostly Evanescence & Korn - but my sweetie is bringing me some Clutch when he comes up next month.
  • I have a workout playlist on my iPod, and a lot of it is stuff that I never listen to when I'm not working out! Pop with a nice steady beat. But my favorite workout stuff is really hard-driving angry girl music.
  • Joy Division, Alkaline Trio, The Smiths and The Pixies.

Last week I was all about The Breeders, Babes in Toyland and Bikini Kill.
  • Yeah Yeah Yeahs, My Chemical Romance, Jimmy Eats World, Smashing Pumpkins mainly.
  • I listen to mostly industrial stuff. Also good to see I am not the only one who likes to workout to some Evanescence or NIN!
  • Oh loverly! I have tons of music, that I write to. I totally forgot that I could *gasp* move to music as well as type to it! I am so going to start listening to my tunes in a different way.