Help I've been living in denial

You're on Page 3 of 9
Go to
  • Kim
    Oh my gosh what are you doing to yourself When you are at the doctor you can ask him about what you can do until you are healed up i don't think you will be going dancing for a while Take care of yourself and when you get better then you can start working on the exercise

Suz
  • Never fear...Jen is here!

So, it's been a LONG time since I've been online. The end of last semester kicked my butt, and it all came together at the very end with my being kicked off the school newspaper (I was leaving anyway because the leadership/editorness was a joke and hypocrisy runs high in a religious school). Then I didn't have internet ALL summer! But, I'm back now and pretty much as bad as ever. However, I graduate college in about 9months, and I am determined to lose as much as I can. Over the summer, I joined a gym and even got into it before getting sick. Well, no more. I'm going back there, and I'm going to make it a point to work out everyday. I've been living in denial these past few months, and it has got to stop.

But anyway, how are y'all doing?
  • Well Jen welcome back This thread has been very slow this summer Its like everyone left maybe after Labour day some will come I don't know if you got to read any past posts or not we have challenge on right now It runs until the end of Sept its pretty basic

1 Must exercise at least 3times per week
    2 Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day
    3 keep a private food journal to see if you are eating enough and the right stuff
    4 go back to posting Monday weigh ins

I think that was everything I weighed myself this morning and I am at 158

Take care and maybe some of the others will return soon suz
  • Suz.....I did everything but the exercise. I weighed on Friday at the doctor's office and I was 244. AUGH!!!!! I can bearly take the inactivity. Feet are feeling much better but I still have another 3.5 weeks to wear the walking boot on the right foot. Big toe is still hurting but there isn't anything they can do for a broken toe. LOL!!!! I am such a clutz.
  • HI ladies
    I have been terrible with writing here with everything going on there just dosen't seem the time but have stayed mostly true to myself.
    I am starting Suz's challenge tommorow I know I won't get as much time as you dedicated ladies but that is all good. I am sitting at 239 my goal by the end of september is 230.
    I have a new black lab cross puppy 11 weeks old last friday so our daily walks should help with the exercising. She keeps me running lots so will see.
    Well summer is turning to fall quickly for us here in the north temp was 0 this morning.... time to pick the peas. Leaves are changing color that bad word sn.. could be anytime. Not that it will stay yet.
    Last camping trip of the season coming up this long weekend, and bf's son is back from his mom's so things will start to settle down hopefully!!!
    Take Care Ladies will try and get on here more often really do miss you all!!
    Tammy
  • Saying it isn't so......zero degrees? Snow? Tammy....jump on it. I don't think any of us has been really good.....well, maybe Suz has been. Glad to see your back!!!
  • Morning Ladies
    Tammy nice to hear from you We only started the challenge a week ago so come on and join us
    I start back to regular exercise next monday so that will be 3 times a week the one instrutor does classes from here place 2 times /week over the summer but I only made a few near the end and she took this week off to work on some new stuff for our classes

I better go its going to be a busy day cut grass do up some more bread and butter pickles and pick more stuff from the garden

Kim when Tammy said 0 degrees that is Celsius that would be 32 farnenheit (don't think I spelled that right)

suz
  • Suz and Tammy.....32 is still cold....brrrrr
  • Suz and Tammy.....32 is still cold....brrrrr it was 98 degrees here yesterday with a heat index of 102 degrees farenheit.
    I weighed this morning and I weighed 238.5......ya!!!!!!!!! Food has been great, water has been great but I am still limited on my exercise. I did go shopping with my daughter and she had me walking all over the place....I guess that counts. I finally told her to take me home because even though the walking boot isn't that heavy....it still wore my butt out. LOL!!!!
  • Hi ladies Just a quick note
    Sorry forgot that most folks on here don't relate to the 0 celsius that I wrote about!! Thanks for helping me out there Suz.
    I am heading camping tommorow the last one for this year, Hope you all have a wonderful long weekend and enjoy the warm weather where ever that might be!!!
    Congrats Kim on the weight loss one day at a time, I haven't weighed in again yet will do it on monday.
    Suz & Kim thanks for the words of encouragement...... Take Care
    Tammy
  • Morning Ladies
    Kim you must have used an old link from July this post will take you to where you sound be if not click on the link in that post from Kiwi Has any heard from her?
    Kim are you on MY SPACE if so is Kiwi going there this si so weird where has everyone gone to???
    Kim if you have old links to 3FC in your inbox get rid of them I only keep the most recent and when I get a new I keep it and get rid of the previous one

Take care Ladies weigh in is on Monday good luck to you both Hurry up and heal Kim so you can start exercising again suz
  • I have always gone through Support groups and then I find the link....it was weird....kinda like the twilight zone! Very strange....... I don't even use my inbox? Yes, I am on MySpace and I have Tammy and Kiwi as friends.....I thought maybe Kiwi had gotten a job....I just don't think she is on as much. Life has ups and downs and people handle them differently. I keep sending Kiwi messages saying that we miss her....maybe later. I am going to start trying to get in some steps....my boot should come off in a couple of weeks....I am praying. Well, headed for Patoka Lake for the long weekend!!!! I will weigh on Monday and post!
  • Morning

I weighed in on Monday and was back up to 160 Now that I am going to exercise classes I hope this weight will start to drop and I can reach my goal weight by christmas

suz
  • I weighed in on Monday at 238.5....feeling much better and really working on increasing my activity....hopefully I can take the walking boot off and increasing my steps next Thursday. Glad your still hanging in there Suz.....
  • I just weighed in and I am down to 156 Have had a very busy week canning stuff out of the garden I have to go now will post again later today or tomorrow I have to get ready to go to exercise class

suz