what do you eat when you go out for food?

• i am going out for dinner with some friends to a brew pub type place. I had salad for lunch and dont really want to have it again for dinner (i am still doing induction) i am not going to drink but i was wondering what some good options are - i am keeping my diet to myself for various reasons.

i thought chicken fingers might be ok but since they are breaded???? i could always get a burger with no bun i guess with salad instead of fries, any suggestions??
  • Most semi-upscale brewpubs (e.g., that serve their own microbrews) will have at least a few reasonably healthy options. An acquaintance in the business says that men will come as long as the beer is good, but women won't (and, eventually, no women => no men). Brewpubs can't survive unless they serve food and drinks that non-beer drinking women will enjoy. So, most will at least have grilled chicken sandwich (skip the bun & sauce), shrimp skewers, chicken satay, and salads, salads, and more salads.

OTOH, if it's a "brewpub" that only serves budmilloors, you may be SOL. Eat before you go.

Kim
  • um i love beer esp strong dark porters and stouts so women come for the beer to...but i get your point
  • chicken wings! You have probably already gone.....so what did you have?
  • i ended up getting salad with chicken, it had some wontons and other crap in it but didnt eat that part. not the most inventive meal....
  • Last time I was at a brew pub with my boy, I had a chicken caesar salad without the croutons (I LOVE these salads ) and we split a small order of hot wings. The wings aren't breaded--and they're tasty!
  • well i did have a shot of tequila - oops - but i still did pretty good - weighed my self this am and am down 7 pounds! we are going camping this wkend so its going to be extra tough