Four minute workout?

• Anyone have any experience with this, or have any thoughts on it? Of course, I can't pick $14,000+ off the tree, but I have to admit it looks like it would be fun, plus I would still do my regular workout along with it

ROM - The Four Minute CrossTrainer
  • I'm sorry, I clicked the link and I can't even figure that thing out. I don't understand the point of something you only do for four minutes! And $14k? What on EARTH? Please help me understand!
  • I would say, no way, Jose'. Talk about a ripoff. My weight started to come off when I started in January exercising with nothing other than my body and the radio for several 8-10 minute spurts a day. Walking, jogging, dancing, various cardio and leg exercises. Oh, and my old Total Body Trainer by Jake, which I think cost maybe a hundred dollars years ago, if even that much. Over the months, I've bought some items to enhance my exercises or add new things but they've been less than $30 each...wrist weights, resistance band, inflatable punching bag, stability ball. You don't need to spend a lot of money, or any money really, to get your heart pumping and your body in shape.
    Seriously, with that price tag, that thing to me looks like the most outrageous blatant attempt to prey on people desperate to lose weight.
  • Hmmm. Depending on your body weight, you could maybe burn 50 calories on that thing (or any thing) in 4 mins. 4 mins is almost what it takes me to get my heart rate up to 80%. There is NO WAY you could burn a significant number of calories in a 4 minute workout unless you did it 10 times a day.

Quote: "The third problem are so called “experts” (personal trainers, doctors, etc.) when asked for their opinion about our 4 minute ROM machine, they will not even bother to inform themselves, read anything about it or try it out before giving their negative opinion or even ridiculing our ROM."

Frankly, I think doctors and trainers have enough knowledge and expertise to know that four minutes of anything isn't enough. I'd trust the "experts" rather than the people hawking the ridiculously overpriced machinery.

Total rip-off. There a million better, less gimicky and expensive ways of exercising. A 4-minute run would yield exactly the same results. Grrrrr.
  • That's what I'm thinking! I honestly thought that thing was a joke when I clicked the link. It can't be serious.
  • I noticed the place is in Hollywood. Maybe they're aiming for the rich and famous for whom 14K is a drop in the bucket. Kind of reminds me of the overpriced and outrageous runway fashions that nobody but a celebrity with money to burn and bad taste would wear.