Five Day 40-something Challenge!

You're on Page 7 of 7
Go to
  • 5 day challenge is great!
    I am all over this 5 day challenge thing. I have been on Weight Watchers (many times) but (this time) since end of March. I have lost 15 lbs want to lose about 5 more. Even when I am at my most serious at losing - I don't usually write things down on the weekends. I loosen the rules a little. So being serious Mon - Fri is right up my alley.

I have a blog on 3fatchicks blogs. It's called Stop Bouncing! Bouncing refers to my weight bouncing around. I want to get to my goal and STAY there. Funny huh? How many times have we all said we were going to do that????? I usually lose weight - get comfy with feeling better - stop keeping up with points and then what happens??? weight bounces back up. I don't want that to happen again this time!!!

So the blogging and talking to you guys on this forum really helps.

Thanks for listening to my rambling. Talk more later,
    Terri
  • Okay, Wednesday is usually our reflection day, so I'll start. I did great with exercise, medium with food plan and I'm giving myself the big thumbs up for not such a bad 5-days. I reconfirmed that I eat when I'm bored. I also reconfirmed that I hate to cook and, unless it's there and ready to eat, I am likely to stray from a well-intentioned meal to an english muffin with peanut butter. At least it's better than the Doritos I used to go for!

Diane (SLASH!) and Laura, WE MADE IT THROUGH!

TXGIRL, welcome! Doesn't matter which 5 days you choose. 5 days is so much better than no days, right? Weight Watchers is a great plan. I'm doing calorie counting and eating every 3 hours. Working at the moment but you never know when I might need to change it.

As for the bouncing, well I've done 180 to 160 to 150 to 167 to 145 to 135 to 165 to 175 to 180 to 165 to 175 to 202. So I know!

Meanwhile, I'm working on some goals for the next 5-days and will post them like a good doobie.
  • heyb everyone! I haven't been online because I haven't been feeling well...this site is really hard on my PC and I just haven't been feeling up to sitting here and WAITING while my PC freezez up and so on...

HOWEVER...I plan on reading through the threads and catching up with everyone!!

YES Hoping...we made it!! I DID finish the 5 day challenge...AND I have reached my 1st 10 lb goal...YIPEE!!
  • Go Laura!
    Go Laura!

(That's 10 cheers! One for each pound!)

Yeah, this site will make you crazy on a slower PC. I don't even try it at home1

But anyway, HOORAY!
  • thanks for the cheers hoping!!

actually my PC wasn't all that slow b4 I came on here....

hmmm....

still reading threads trying to catch up!!!
  • Okay, it's Thursday 5-Dayers! I am driving 5 hours each way this weekend to pick up my mom and staying overnight at a relative's house. In the past, that's always been an excuse to stop at Micky-D's and eat FF's and 1/4 pounders. No Longer! Here are my goals:

1. Take a survival bag on the trip with me with water, gum, celery, bananas, any healthy food that can be consumed while driving.
    2. Take a quick run around each pit stop, which should be many because of all the water I will be drinking!
    3. No family-related-stress-eating!
    4. Have fun!

What are your goals?
  • Friday Yuck!
    Okay, I am headed over to my tracker to ADD back 1 pound. I am very sad
    But I am still going to keep at it because someone on this website said, "What are the alternatives to not working at it? GAINING?"

I would like to think it's muscle because I've been moving a lot more. I would like to say it's water weight because my cycles are so screwed up. But, it doesn't matter. I will be fearlessly honest and say, I probably ate too much food this week!

Still sticking to my goals for the weekend. Have a good one every one!

Hope
  • hey Hope...that has happened to me a couple of times too...it may BE just water...but if it IS too much food...well..at least you know what to do about that!!!

still on plan!!
  • Monday Morning Hello
    Okay, I made my 7 hour-each-way-torture road trip Saturday and Sunday so no exercise but I did well on my food and water intake, so I don't feel badly about it.

Still struggling with this one pound I added back last week . I keep expecting to wake up in the morning 3 pounds lighter. My July goal was to be 190 and I'm still 193. So hopefully, that miracle will happen when I wake up tomorrow.

Hope you all are doing well and still on target. Have a great day!

Hope
  • Mon - Fri challenge
    Being serious for 5 days really works for me. I'm starting today - Monday.
    So far I've had coffee and a Pria bar (3 pts). I never count my coffee points - I don't know why - I just never have. I know I will go to the rec center sometime today and work out. I made bean and veggie soup to eat all this week. I need something low cal to eat when I'm looking to graze - so that will do the trick because it is only 2 pts for 1-1/2 cups.

Well, I hope you all have a great day!
    -Terri
  • Ok, I sucked on this challenge. The weekend did me in. I admit it. I'm getting back at it today, but the weekend was not good. I didn't get exercise, unless you count the minimum walking done while shopping for school supplies (I'm NOT counting that). It was kind of a tough weekend dealing with some MIL health problem issues, so that's why it happened as it did, but that shouldn't be an excuse. It doesn't make it easier to deal with it when you're off plan! Anyway, not asking for sympathy here, just 'fessing up to what wasn't a good weekend.
  • Slash - some weekends are harder than others. Hope the MIL thing is okay. I do have to say that my "bad" weekends lately are better than my "good" weekends this past winter!

This Thursday, I am having surgery and so I'm bowing out for the 5-day. Who knows, maybe I'll do great! I won't be able to have anything to eat from Weds midnight to Thursday at 6pm. I pick Thursday, 5:59pm as my wieh in this week! (How much do ovaries weigh anyway?)
  • Back to the Challenge
    Hi ladies,
    It's so inspiring to see all the "tough stuff" y'all did while I was vacationing and probably gaining 2lbs a week instead of losing.
    So, now that I'm back, I have to admit, yesterday's exercise was NOT good. (It just plain didn't happen.) No excuses. I made choices that did not include exercise. Then, last night I ate a burger and fries, and a brownie. (We went to a children's concert and I hadn't packed the food the night before.)
    So today, Saturday, and Sunday are definite exercise days. I'm doing a fitness assessment today at the gym, so I won't have to worry about walking in the heat and humidity (which wouldn't be horrible since I shower afterwards anyways). Saturday and Sunday are just going to be "getting back in the habit" days. It's important that I really focus on getting things done (beside's the laundry). I'm going to try to find ways to check in on the weekends. It's a matter of creating a new routine in my life.
    TX Girl - today's the last day of your 5 day challenge. How'd it go? Any insights as to what worked for you?
    Cammie