my new life :)

• hey again im just going to post whats up with my goals and how to reach them! give me some feedback.... thanks!

k so i already know i cant set days for me to loose a certain amount of weight becasue i cant control THAT part, but its hard not to. hehe

every month i have goals of loosing 15 lbs. (3.75 lbs/week) sooOooOoOoooo:

June 12 : 270
    July 12 : 255
    Aug. 12 : 240
    Sept.12 : 225
    Oct. 12 : 210
    Nov. 12 : 195

AND im stopping there for that cause everyone gets the picture and to be in the 100's is a major thing for me.

ok so here is my workout: and NO EATING AFTER SIX PM!!!

Monday-Friday

30 min. morning cardio
    afternoon weight lifting 30 mins
    1 hour night cardio

Saturday.Sunday

do 30 mins some form of cardio

give me some feedback, please... advice, experiences, etc is appreciated. thanks!!!! - emily
  • Its very cool that you have a plan but almost 4 lbs a week is steep. Also that is a lot of exercise, is that truly what you can or have been doing. The only reason I ask is recently I tried the same kind of thing and lost nothing! So I went to the old stand by of doable exercise goals and calories counting (lost 30 pds a few years ago this way and decided to finish this way when all else failed), with a whole foods approach after some epifinies and then reading glory87 story to cement it all. If you can do it then I encourage you to go for it!

Good luck and welcome. Where are you in washington, I have noticed several washintonians around.
  • Im going to agree with what was said above 3.75 pounds a week is a lot... 1-2 lbs a week is what is recommended with heathy weight loss.

What kind of eating plan on you planning on? Im asking because you look like you're planning a lot of exercise, and both to see results and to have enough energy, you're going to have to make sure you eat enough. Also, that amount of exercise may not be achieveable for you at first.. I know when I started, I did one half hour of cardio and I was DONE.

Make sure the plan you use is something you can live with... unfortunitely, none of us can lose, it, go back to our old habits, and continue to keep it off. Meh.

Browse around on here. Ask questions - the ladies here are absolutely amazing, and love to help. And remember, you can do this!

~Fae
  • That is a lot of weight to lose...you should plan to lose a bit more in like the first month or so just because it'll come off more easily but after that 1-2 pounds is probably a more reasonable goal. Like for me my goal is to lose 5 pounds a week for 6 weeks, then 2.5 pounds a week for the rest of the summer, then 2 pounds a week during the fall until I reach my goal.

And with your workout plan, unless you're an athlete or experienced exerciser, your goals might be a bit high. You don't want to overdo it in the first few days because you could increase your chances for injury. I would say 30-45 minutes of cardio 5-6 times a week and 30 minutes of resistance 3 times a week would be good enough to get started. Then you can go from there once you feel up to it. And also make sure to give yourself 1 day of rest a week. Your body needs it to replenish your resources and repair your muscles.

Good luck in your weight loss efforts.

Just remember, weight loss is a marathon, not a sprint. Take it at your own pace and you'll be able to reach your goals.
  • Oh and like someone else had said and I recently came to realize, there is no diet, if you look in the maintainers they basically do now what they did to lose! You need to be sure you can do that, you might be able to cut back some but seeing all the people who reached goals and their stories and how they maintain made me realize, I need to want to do what I am doing now forever.
  • I think it's great that you are making a plan..because it's easier to stick with something if you have it all laid out..

You will probably lose 3 pounds a week for the first weeks...then once you get closer and closer to your goal it will be a little harder. But that doesn't mean that you can't aim for it..because even if you don't get 3 pounds a week...1 or 2 pounds a week is still great.

I work out almost everyday...so everyday is not over doing it...You might want to cut down your hour cardio at night to maybe 3 or 4 times a week and then keep your 30 min cardio and weightlifting everyday.

But either way, I am sure you will do well...Good luck
  • Quote: Oh and like someone else had said and I recently came to realize, there is no diet, if you look in the maintainers they basically do now what they did to lose! You need to be sure you can do that, you might be able to cut back some but seeing all the people who reached goals and their stories and how they maintain made me realize, I need to want to do what I am doing now forever.

I completely 100% agree...there is no "quick fix" diet...it is a lifestyle change that needs to be made in order to lose weight. That is the best way to maintain your weight loss...
  • hey thanks everyone.
    i think i realize lookig to the future, i wouldnt be able to maintain this workout schedual. so im going to go with.. the working cardio 30 minutes 5 days a week and lifting weights 3 times a week. and on sat/sun to just do a short nice walk no pressure to go fast or anything
    anyway, thanks for your help and ill keep posting!
  • I also agree that 3-4 lbs a week is a lot to ask, and you may end up disappointed/discouraged with those goals. 1-2 lbs per week is 'healthy' and easily do-able, but also keep in mind that you will lose weight slower the closer you get to goal. I would like to be 150 by Jan 1. 2008, which is at a rate of 2 lbs/week. I think you should set your goal a bit lower, like 2 lbs, but give some 'breathing room' also- this way you're not disappointed. If you lose more, then that's great... but you won't have so much 'pressure'.
  • Good luck!! I would definitely try to only lose 1-2 lbs a week. Some weeks you might lose more, and some weeks you might not lose at all. I think the key is just to stick to it!!