Anyone looking for a buddy for a daily check-in?

You're on Page 5 of 13
Go to
  • Your right Aud, I'v had issues with feeling deprived ever sice I was diagnosed with cilliacs (as a teenager) I should be over it by now, I never could stick to that diet for more than 6 monthes even though I get sick when I go off it. I do need to change my focus to what great foods I can eat. I still feel guilty if I eat to much, even if it is all OP. old habits die hard I guess, something to work on. At least today I'm craving tuna salad instead of Icecream.

Laura, sorry about your bike fiasco. HeeHee.. Its great that you can bike to work, what a good workout. How did you break a toe? I'm always bashing mine on my coffee table but haven't broke one yet, That must feel good.
    At least you can laugh at your self.

I'm back down 3 lbs today, losing the water wieght I put on over my holliday. What a relief.

have a nice day, we can do it!
  • Puncezilla - yeah, it was on my coffee table - but not in the usual stub toe manner. I was sitting on the couch with my foot tucked under my leg. My foot was falling asleep, so I went to switch legs, but I guess I had gone so long with no circulation I had no major muscle control,. My leg spasmed straight out and into the hardware on the drawer of my coffee table. Of course my toes were freezing from not having any circulation, so it took about 60 seconds for the pain to register. Ouch, dammit!

Oh well, I've been a klutz since birth, it's just one more scar for the coroner to find!

I'm so glad to hear about your loss. (Wait a minute, that sounds funny?!) I've been doing the one week at a time average - so tomorrow I'll post with the results. It won't be huge this week, since really today is only my second day OP, but every little bit helps.

Hope you (and everyone else) is well.

Keep on trucking! (I'll keep toe-ing! groan...)
  • Sorry I was'nt here for day or two. I hope your toe is feeling better .
    I'v been a little extra depressed this week, I cant seem to get myself out of bed to do anything, and had a bit of a carb binge yesterday. I realy need to snap out of it and get back to my plan. I'm starting fresh today (for the 100th time). My weights back up to what it was post holliday.

Dancing carrots to cheer me on, :c arrot:
  • Punce, you are doing so good! Hang in there Girl, things will get better!
    You have come so far on your weight loss, dang I wish I weight 195.
    Don't throw it away. I know you won't!
    I'm sorry you are feeling depressed, and I hope you do snap out of it. I hope you can find it in you to speak positive about your situation and believe the best will and can happen to you.

We're all here for you, don't you forget that!
  • Thanks Diana, I did feel a lot better today. reading all your encouraging posts realy helps! sometimes I forget how far I've come.
    35lbs is awesome. Your diong great, we've lost about the same amount. And You'll be at 195 in no-time!
  • Aud - sorry I missed this

Hi Diana - Welcome to the thread! Both of you are great inspiration - 35 lbs is no joke - I'm looking forward to being able to say that!

Puncezilla: Let's do it girl! Depression is very hard to overcome - are you on meds? I am, I admit. They sure do help! They tend to slow down weight loss, but at least they help me cope with the slow progress! Besides, I feel that if I wasn't on them the loss would be even slower - since I'd be binging and cheating every time I felt bad, leading me to feel worse, heading towards eating more...etc. You get the picture. Please talk to your doctor - it's nothing to fool around with.

If the carrots make you feel better, then here we go...

to infinity and beyond!

Anyways, I had promised to post my weight loss last Tuesday: I'm down 1 lb. It's a start, and I can tell this Tuesday will be even better!

We can do this ladies. Everyone here deserves a pat on the back for still being here and still trying. You don't fail until you quit.

DON'T BE A QUITTER!
  • Hay Laura, Thanks for the dancers, they always make me smile. and congrats on your loss!
    I am not on meds right now, I have been in the past I've tried quite a few different ones. the last one was effexor, it helped for a while and then, I didnt like how I felt on it so after a year or so taking it I quit. I dont feel like I'm depressed often enough to start on it again,(today I feel great) I just have a few days once and a while where I feel realy bad, if it starts to get bad all the time I will try something new. I did gain about 30lbs while I was on it, I just didn't have any motivation to do anything while I was taking it. I also would like to have a baby soon, I'm trying to lose a bit more and get in a little better shape first. And I dont want to be dependant on anything when I get pregnant.
    We can do it!
  • I am new here and I would love to have someone to check I need a diet buddy for sure. I am doing low carb and have lost four pounds but it seems to be creeping off slowly. I am doing daily exercise too. Just working towards getting towards my goal. Really glad I found this site!!!!
  • Hi Ladies!!

Thanks Laura, You will say that you lost 35 lbs, keep going and don't give up!!
    Hi Punce, how are you doing so far. I'm praying the you'll be yourself in no time!!

Hi Mrslatte, we're here to motivate and encourage each other to lose weight. Hope to talk to you soon!

Well, Ladies, I went out tonight to Karaoke with my husband, and sisters. It was fun and not a large group. We've been going to this place for the past month or so. When we went, everybody was drinking beer, but I held fast and didn't have any! I even ate a bacon cheeseburger with no bun for dinner there. We came back and did Karaoke at my house afterward and while everyone drank, I didn't. I'm so happy that I didn't. Normally when I'm out some place I would have a few drinks, but I want to lost weight more than get a buzz!

Hence the late post, everyone just left. I just wanted to write and say that I hope everyone is doing great and Let's Lose this weight!!

Don't worry about the past, everyday is a new day to start again from where we left off!! We can do it!

Goodnight Everyone!!
  • Good mornin'

mrslatte, Welcome to the board. congrats on your loss so far, slow is better than nothing, so stick with it and you'll get there! What kind of plan are you following? I'm doing atkins and it works great for me. This site is awesome, so many wonderfull people.

Fit, Way to go passing up the beer, It sounds like you had a good time anyway. If you do want to have a drink, the atkins book allows most hard alcohol as it has no carbs and won't throw you out of ketosis, you will burn the callories from the alcohol first but will go right back to burning fat when they'r gone. (of course not drinking is better) but I think a drink now and then is a good stress reliever if you don't go overboard. Although some people have a harder time staying OP if they've had a drink. anyhooo.. Have a great time at your BBQ!!!

I hope everyone is having a good day so far, I'm still OP and feelin' good. down another lb this morning. I'm on my third day of induction, after taking a month off so I'm re-loseing the 10 I gained back, but it still feels good.
  • Alright another pound gone forever Punce, that is great!
    I'm happy for you and I know you'll keep going down with your weight!

I didn't know that the allowable alcohol doesn't throw us out of ketosis? Wow, that's good to know!

Thanks!!!
    You all have a great day and I'll talk to you later!
  • Day 4 and still goin' strong, finaly back to my ticker weight (still 4lbs up from pre-holliday weight) Yay!
    I hope everyone else had a good weekend!
  • mrslatte: Welcome! 4 lbs is a great start. It sounds like you are on the right track - exercise is key. We are glad to have you join us.

Puncezilla - way to go! the next four will be a breeze!

Fitin Time: Congrats on your victory!

Guys, I'm all out of cheer today. I got on the scale this morning - from yesterday morning I gained 10 lbs. How is that even physically possible?!

I did housework all day - mowed lawn, did dishes, laundry, sweeping, mopping, etc - I even moved furniture around! I had 2 cups of coffee with cream only, I drank my 2L of water, and I ate a salad for lunch with veggie stir fry for supper! It blows my mind - I did so well yesterday to find a huge gain!

Maybe it's TOM - I never know since I only get mine once every 6 months or so, but overnight?

Arrgh. Someone help explain it to me. I'm hanging on for tomorrow....
  • pass could be water retention, due to TOM or to much salt. coupled probably with an inaccurate scale reading i usually take 3 readings for my weigh in. also make sure you reset the scale each time and place it on a flat surface. i used to get major fluctuations in weight until i figured out that one part of the scale was on the edge of tile.
  • Laura, sorry about your weigh in. it is impossible to gain 10lbs of fat overnight, so if your scale is accurate (which I'd doubt) then its just water. If I move my scale even a little bit I get different readings every time. so I dont trust it 100% If I gain, I wait at least 3 days before counting it, so even though I weigh every morning I dont get too discouraged by the fluctuations. hang in there I'm sure it'll be back to normal agian soon.